The Daniel Ricciardo Thread - Praise or banter, but take it easy guys! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The Daniel Ricciardo Thread - Praise or banter, but take it easy guys!

Discussion in 'F1' started by VPX, Sep 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    Ric is one of (if not the) best late brakers in F1. I hope he finds himself in a more competitive package soon because his drives up through the field can be quite epic.

VPX and william like this.
  2. andrewmr

andrewmr Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2005
    Bucks County, PA.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I want to make an observation/comment.

It seems like Max has gotten much better since Ricciardo left..... is that just his development, or did he get better as some of the pressure was removed when Daniel left?

I too like DR. He may not have made the best move to Renault, but he really didn't have a future at Red Bull. As long as Max is there the team is gonna support him over Daniel. And let's face it, there really wasn't anywhere else to go.

Let's hope next years changes bring cars more closely aligned and driver talent will become more important.

VPX and william like this.
  3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I certainly hope so !
    The guy deserves a decent drive to battle at the front.

4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I like Ricciardo very much. However, I think he just will always be a #2. Would this be a good complement to top dog Leclrec? hmmm maybe? I can say I don't like Max Crashjusthapen, but I don't deny his skill. There just might be more drama if it was him/Leclrec. Just my $0.02 - always happy to give refunds if you disagree.

VPX likes this.
  5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Well, at the moment Ricciardo is Number One at Renault, but that doesn't say much !

VPX likes this.
  6. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I never thought he was all that, but we can't all be fanboiz.......;)

I'm 360 Canuck and VPX like this.