FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE AIRLINES SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 19 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE AIRLINES SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Sep 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I think any driver in Leclerc's situation would be entitled to question his pit's call when they mess up his race completely !

I know you guys call that "moaning" when it's Hamilton doing it, but the reaction is the same when it's happen in another team:

"Why to you screw up my race ?" seems a normal reaction.

2. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    Somebody posted the points earlier in this thread, depends on what assumptions you make. Obviously if HAM grenades an engine in every race and LEC wins, just have to do the math. If LEC wins every race but HAM is 2nd every race, HAM still wins, as far as Mercedes/Ferrari goes.
    7 races left, so 175 plus 7 fast laps, 182 points possible. Here's the current standings on F1.com

1 Lewis Hamilton GBR Mercedes 296
    2 Valtteri Bottas FIN Mercedes 231
    3 Charles Leclerc MON Ferrari 200
    4 Max Verstappen NED Red Bull Racing Honda 200
    5 Sebastian Vettel GER Ferrari 194

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

He had 40 laps to prove he was faster. Didn't do it. In fact, Vettel managed to get a sizeable gap on him several times

4. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    The voice of reason as usual.

trumpet77, stavura, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  5. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    Hmm....got a youtube 'reminder' about Peter Windsor's take; he concludes pretty much the same thing, though he maintains Ferrari needs(apparently doesn't have?) a strong leader to deliver the message to young Charles.

stavura, Bas and daytona355 like this.
  6. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    They told Leclerc to push a lap or two earlier, so what would that have done? Hey, Seb and Max pitted so push even harder - but yeah, try not to bin it. Even Ferrari didn't expect Vettel to make up 4 seconds.

7. andrewmr

andrewmr Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2005
    Bucks County, PA.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Everyone is entitled to their opinions....

If you are a Leclerc fan then I can see why you're upset. FWIW, I'm a big fan and I'm NOT upset.... it's a team thing.

If you are a Vettel fan then I can see why you are happy.

If you are a Ferrari fan then a 1-2 finish is the same points as 2-1 finish. As I see it, Vettel winning the race can do so many things for him and his confidence. Which will pay dividends, toward the team, in the long run.

Besides, had the team decided to bring CL in early and let Hamilton get ahead then we would all be second guessing the teams decision.

8. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Whatever respect I lost for Leclerc has been regained, and maybe then some.

"Definitely the radio messages," Leclerc said when asked what he could have done better in Singapore. "I believe that my reaction was well over what it should be, and that shows that I've still got a lot to learn.

"In this situation, there was absolutely no need to be like this. The team has done the right thing. We finished first and second. We wouldn't have finished first and second with another strategy, and that's what matters the most.

"On that, I've definitely got a lot to learn and a lot to improve so that won't happen again in the future."

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/27706577/leclerc-told-shut-radio

I can't see other drivers saying something like this, tbh. Hamilton whines all the time and never walks it back. Vettel occasionally does as well and he walked back his multi 21 apology (though that was a long time ago).