Farewell 08038, found another V-6 | FerrariChat

Farewell 08038, found another V-6

Discussion in '206/246' started by solly, Sep 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. solly

solly Formula 3

Jun 2, 2001
    Westchester NY
    Full Name:
    Dr. Steven S.
    Well, I finally sold my '74 Dino 246 GTS. None of my kids wanted it and I was hardly driving it any more, so it went to a new home. Wow did that car appreciate in 19 years. I hope the buyer is having as much fun with it as I had.

Then I realized there was too much space in my garage. That empty spot was nagging me. So I bought another incredible mid engined V-6. The rest is posted on the foreign car forum under British cars. Hint: they were for a time the fastest production car in the world, until the McLaren F1 beat their record.

dgt likes this.
  2. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    XJ220?

3. qvee

qvee Karting

Sep 14, 2009
    Australia
    Full Name:
    David
    Could've adopted me! I find it interesting when kids have no interest in our cars , and you drive them less ! Havent yet ticked the 246 off my bucket list though
    Love the XJ220 and remembering when i worked with TWR and a Ford transit was the mule vehicle for the V6 powertrain

4. solly

solly Formula 3

Jun 2, 2001
    Westchester NY
    Full Name:
    Dr. Steven S.
    You are both correct. @qvee- amazing that you were there when this was built. And I've seen videos of Justin Law racing the van around Goodwood:) What was it like back in the day? If I'd known you had this pedigree I could have signed the adoption papers today! My daughter not into cars at all. My son is as nutty as I am, but he is a BMW fan, e30 325i convertible and e36 M3. They're pretty cool, but not Dino cool. These milenials seem to love 90's and early '00 cars. He is dying for a GT-R. I am lukewarm towards it. Who will love the 60s and 70s cars when baby boomers like you and I are gone? Both my kids can drive a manual shift, but none of their friends can. Every car has to be Playstation.
    I'd love to hear more about what it was like at TWR with the XJ220, XJR-15 and the race cars. If you ever have the time and inclination for a chat, PM me.

5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Dino for XJ 220 ?

Deal of the Century! Imagine the 220 will be $1 mio ++ within 'some years'

6. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Interesting trade. Can’t think of two cars that are more different. Enjoy!

7. solly

solly Formula 3

Jun 2, 2001
    Westchester NY
    Full Name:
    Dr. Steven S.
    Actually had to add (quite) a bit of cash to the deal, didn't mean to imply it was a straight trade. That would have been the deal of the century.

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That Transit has been run thru Goodwood it seems, "discarded' Rather than "dismantled"...