New tactics from Hamilton in future ? | Page 7 | FerrariChat

New tactics from Hamilton in future ?

Discussion in 'F1' started by william, Sep 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
  2. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    I read it and understood it. He intends/hopes to do what Charles Leclerc has already done: Use the precedent FIA has set.

Whether he can successfully do so remains to be seen.

I freely admit LH44 hasn't really had the opportunity to apply any "new tactics" just yet, but will certainly be paying attention in Sochi. And out of Tifosi selfishness, hope it's all happening in a battle for 5th (or worse) with Max, Albon, or Ricci while Seb and Chuck (safely) duel for 1-2

Now about that hair...haha.

fil, Jeronimo GTO and daytona355 like this.
  3. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #153 Ferrari 308 GTB, Sep 25, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    ktu and daytona355 like this.
  4. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Ferrari 308 GTB and daytona355 like this.
  5. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    His mental age? Age he will lose his virginity? Hehehe

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

6. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Good try but no Cigar

7. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Cos he has a 4.4 inch cock?

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

fil likes this.
  8. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    errm can't comment on that of course:rolleyes:

daytona355 likes this.
  9. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    Any 5 time world champ is a good driver, no doubt, but I'm still rooting for Ferrari and don't like Hamilton. At least in the US that's part of the fun of sports, cheer YOUR team, and BOO the other team.
    Regarding the LEC/HAM incident and "new" tactics, I'd have to agree that LEC didn't leave a car width, but HAM was also sending it around the outside, and might have forced LEC to move to avoid him, even though I don't think HAM had the corner (as in at least alongside him). Maybe it doesn't matter that there was extra pavement outside the line on the outside of the corner, so really HAM only hit a little bit of dirt, but still, he didn't have a car's width.

This was his best move on LEC, so maybe he was a bit desperate, (flashback to trying to pass Rosberg on lap 1 in Spain when they hit), and even though he was complaining about how slow it was in Singapore, I don't think he came close to trying to pass, even with 3 DRS zones.

10. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    It was a joke, no need to get your little panties in a bunch as usual.

daytona355 likes this.
  11. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    I have to say, when his car advantage is neutralized as it has been the past 3 races it's amazing how average Lewis looks.

12. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    You saying Leclerc and Verstappen has been looking average the first part of the season?

13. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Huh? How do you figure? The Mercedes was dominant the first part of the season, now it appears Ferrari has caught up and Lew's wins and poles have disappeared. Funny how that works.

kandi, stavura and daytona355 like this.
  14. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Lol, ok

15. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Strong response. Looking forward to more.

daytona355 likes this.
  16. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    How many races has Leclerc won first part of the season?

17. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Zero. That's my point. Now that their car has improved after the summer break he hasn't finished behind Hamilton once. LH, without his patented car advantage he has enjoyed since the dawn of 2014, has looked pedestrian.

stavura, daytona355 and classic308 like this.
  18. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    So he looked average?

19. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    No, he would have won in Bahrain if not for a mechanical failure and he matched his 4x WDC teammate.

For some reason you have trouble processing what I'm saying. Merc had a very large car advantage the first half of the season over Ferrari and Red Bull. Now that gap has closed. Mercedes still has the best car, but Ferrari has caught up. Since the break Hamilton has zero wins, zero poles.

20. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Lol ok, i see

21. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    They can’t cope, their ‘great’ driver is now positively average again. Unlike the greats, he can’t make a difference over the car, he just drives what he’s given.

Schumi and Senna would have found a way past Leclerc regardless, that’s why they are great, and Elton is purely lucky

22. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    I didn't see any new ham tactics at Suzuka. I did hear him complain on the radio quite a bit with his teammate out in front.

Semi-related to tactics:

LH is 64 points ahead of Bot. In order for LH to not clinch WDC at COTA, my math says Bot needs to finish that day 52 points behind or less.

And really I'd far prefer Bot to somehow get a WDC than Ham, or at least make ham sweat out his coronation as long as possible, with minimal podiums along the rest of the way.

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  23. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    And why is that?

24. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    What difference does it make? It's my preference, and I bet several Tifosi feel the same. Feel free to search my previous posts and I'm sure you may find the answers you seek.

Anyway, the discussion on Ham "tactics" is largely rhetorical IMHO. I suspect if he hasn't already, going forward he will consciously temper his "tactics" to try and safely finish races (in the points) with the goal of clinching the WDC without shunts/injuries.

As always, looking for Charles and Seb to have the top podium steps and additionally would like to see Bot narrows his points gap by 13+ thru COTA to deny any WDC coronation in the States.

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  25. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    #175 Terra, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    A sidestepping, circuitous and obfuscating reply that.

Is it really that challenging to render a concise and simple answer as to why you'd "far prefer Bot to get a WDC than Ham?"

Might it be because the latter already has so many WDCs, and it'd be nice to somewhat "spread the wealth?"

william likes this.