Group buy!!! 430 and 360 | FerrariChat

Group buy!!! 430 and 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by Fabspeed Motorsport, Sep 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Hey Guys,

It is that time of the year again! Time for a F-Chat group buy! We are happy to offer this group buy for both our 360 and 430 headers. Take care of some preventative maintenance (notorious pre-cat failures in your OEM headers) while increasing performance and that classic Ferrari V8 scream. If we can get a minimum order of 6 360 or 430 headers, the individual price will be $2700 for the headers shipped anywhere domestically. We can also add the header blankets in to the order for an additional $1300. That's a combined savings of $609!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Need another reason to join the group buy? We have also made an unprecedented upgrade to our warranty program recently...

Introducing the industry's first “sound” guarantee, Fabspeed’s Sound Solution Warranty!

Yes! We guarantee you’ll be happy with the sound of our products!

Fabspeed knows that the pleasure one gets from hearing a sound is personal and very subjective. That’s why no other manufacturer will guarantee you’ll be satisfied with the sound produced by their products. To them, it’s too risky. But what those other manufacturers ignore when they exclude sound from their warranty is that you, the customer, may simply not be happy; well that’s just not good enough for us.

Many factors affect the sound from your engine, for instance another company’s products or modifications to stock components when mixed with Fabspeed brand products may produce an entirely different sound than expected. We will work with you to help you understand what to expect based on your unique situation. Please let us know about your car’s non-Fabspeed modifications before hand.

If you are not happy with the sound of a Fabspeed brand manufactured product - bought directly through our factory sales team - you can return it in accordance with our terms. Head to our warranty page for all conditions and terms here: https://www.fabspeed.com/terms-conditions/

2. rquad

rquad Karting

Jul 26, 2019
    Georgia
    I would be interested in comments from both the manufacturer and owners regarding the implication of *not* using the header blankets. I probably won't be in the group buy this time around because the previous owner of my car installed factory exhaust manifolds within the past two years, but I'm gathering information for a replacement at some point in the future.

3. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Kind of curious pondering the blankets... what are those who know more than myself think about the heat being kept contained in the blankets versus not using the blankets and letting the heat radiate out into the air flow?

Data and opinions both welcomed.

Thanks, Ken

4. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Seems like there are many questions about the blankets.

The reason that the blanket/ heat shielding is so important is because the headers reach extremely hot temperatures. If the heat is not contained it can cause many issues in the engine bay including melting and wire damage in the engine bay.

You can try ceramic coating and wrapping but that can crack and fail. The blankets are the safest longest lasting method to secure the heat into the header.

5. kommons

kommons Karting

Sep 30, 2013
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I appreciate this particular topic regarding the blankets. I have a set of fabspeed headers which I had coated by Swain Tech (similar or same to F1 Zircotec) The measured temperature of the headers while idling is 600-650 degrees. I didn't engineer this car, but that seems infernal. I measured a set with the blankets, and it was hovering around 200 degrees. If I recall correctly, stock headers with old shields were 400 or so, I need to re-check.

So in my opinion, after seeing cars melt e-brake cables and parts of the harness, is that you cannot run headers bare or with any coating. However, my other question is how long do these blankets last? If I run a blanket and have to do maintenance, bump the blanket, will it crack? What if I wash the engine and at some point run it, will the moisture steaming in the blanket ruin it?

Mimmo Blue likes this.
  6. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Moisture will not hurt the blankets . If they are installed properly you will not have to replace them and they will not brake if you are doing maintenance. The blankets are made of kevlar.

7. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Gauging community interest, Should we have another group buy for the 430/360?

Performify likes this.
  8. mdileo

mdileo Karting

Jan 27, 2015
    Nyc
    Full Name:
    Max
    Can these blankets get wet and be left to dry?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. Performify

Performify Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 4, 2020
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I'd be in for a set of the blankets to add to my existing Fabspeed headers on the F430 :)

Fabspeed Motorsport likes this.
  10. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    We have never had any issues with the blankets getting wet/drying out in place!