BMW E39 M5 vs F10 M5 road trip | FerrariChat

BMW E39 M5 vs F10 M5 road trip

Discussion in 'Other German' started by bart12, Sep 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    #1 bart12, Sep 26, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    Had to switch cars.

So I had to bring the e39 to dallas then drive back the F10 to West Texas.

You will notice the big difference on the 2.

The V8 on the e39 is screaming if you step on it. And with my TUBI, it was a blast. Got pulled over by the police and given a warming.

It has aged quite nicely. Still the best looking BMW IMO. Got another guy asking if I wanted to sell it? Its not worth any money to me so I wont sell it. I added a GROM Bluetooth and linked a Ipod charger in the glove compartment. Streaming, and calls are excellent. Now its like my DD F10 535ix in options.

Drove back the F10 M5. Mine is a manual. You would not believe how fast this car is compared with the e39. You can feel the push to your seat when you step on it and a small growl from the engine bay. I like it. This car feels like its faster than my Speciale. Its faster than my Scud and as fast an a P Turbo S.
    This has all the options at that time including a rear DVD with a MSRP was $137k. The B and O sound system on this is nothing I have heard in quality. Its like listening to music for the first time but I always listen to it on my cars. Its 350 miles one way but I wish I had more miles left. I was on my own and just enjoying a days trip.

The e39 is not going to be a good road trip car only because my butt hurts after that 300 mile trip. But the F10, no sore butt. The e39 is more than enough to enjoy the twist and turns on the daily road.

The F10 just has too much power and torque, in sport plus, it just keeps on going.

I arrived around 8;30 and its dark already. As soon as I woke up, I went to inspect the car for any road damages. I always get rock chips. Thanks to PPF, no damage to my paint. I am thinking when can we do this again?

I hope BMW makes another manual M5, or this would be my last M5.

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Never been in an F10, but have with an E39 and E60 M5. The E60's S85 V10 is insane...that thing can pull. How does the F10 compare to the E60 performance wise?

I still prefer the E39 styling both inside and out to any other 5 series, but I am glad the F10 looks more like a continuation of the E39 than the E60 which doesn't even look like a BMW imo. The S85 engine is incredible though...

3. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    I owned an e60 m5 from new till 2015 when i traded it to my GT3. I should not have done it.

I loved that v10 SMG.

But the only thing I think the e60 is better than the F10 is the steering and sound. I love the hydraulic old bmw steering. In fact, even an e39 is not at par with a e60 steering, not even an e90. Thats the only think i hate of an e39, the steering feel is loose.

The rest of the F10 is better. suspension, looks, ergonomics.

And an F10 will now beat a ferrari on a stand still.