FORMULA 1 VTB RUSSIAN GRAND PRIX 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS *** | Page 7 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 VTB RUSSIAN GRAND PRIX 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Sep 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Could be true, still doesn’t make up the fact Vettel can’t control his own parameters for the car. Win by pit stop order? How have we come to this?

2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Agreed, I had a chance to talk to some Ferrari employees and asked point blank what’s going on with Vettel? They came back with a hand gesture of rubbing tips of fingers together (implying high cost/money) and said he married and lazy now. (Sounds better in Italian). Contrast this with Leclerc who broke up with his longtime girlfriend recently so he can focus on racing.

That’s dedication my fellow Tifosi

3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    The low point to me was when her purposely bumped Hamilton in Baku. I lost much respect for Vettel that day.

Ferrari 308 GTB and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Good riddance

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Yup

I think I lost it back when he cheated Webber out of his win. Not a fan of neither Hamm or Seb, but Seb has really lost the plot.

Chuck seems like a genuinely cool guy, so happy to see him doing well.

paulchua and 375+ like this.
  6. Mats Andersen

Mats Andersen Karting

Sep 28, 2017
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Mats Andersen
    Whats up with the haters in here? Its fair that some day someone better shows up, its the nature of sports. It doesnt mean Vettel is an incompetent driver and deserve the BS you provide in here. He does his best and thats what you can ask at this point. Almost same championship point as CL this far. He represents Ferrari.
    You only display yourselves to the forums readers as fools. Did not expect to find that sort of crap talk in here.

7. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    They are called fair weather fans. Happens to the best of them

Nembo1777 likes this.
  8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    G. Pepper likes this.
  9. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Mats Andersen, yes I hate Vettel. Let me explain the reasons. You of course are welcome to disagree. Try to not take it personally however, as my disdain for him in no way reflects any disdain for those that love him.

1) His unsportsmanlike conduct in Baku - disgraceful, and shows lack of character.
    2) His inability to perform at a level commensurate to his compensation of over 300 million dollars during his tenure.
    3) The fact that Leclerc has consistently shown that the car is capable of more than Vettel has been able to deliver in qualifying.
    4) His multiple UNFORCED errors
    5) His recent crashes into other drivers
    6) Even though it's clear at this point he's simply not performing, will he have the humility to let Leclerc take spot 1 now?
    7) His accomplishments in Red Bull mean nothing to me, as an owner of both Ferrari cars and a shareholder, I don't care much for Red Bull (other than their beverages as a consumer) - I do have a personal vested and financial interest in Ferrari - so it is personal. So far he has not done anything that advanced the team or my esteem of him.
    8) It's one thing if he won a championship for Ferrari (or at least get close) - but he's always been a distant second place at best. So I never even had a chance to pat him in the back once for finishing the job. There is no 'fair weather' to transition from! It's always been lukewarm at best!
    9) I have not seen the sort of die-hard devotion that Leclrec just done, breaking up with his girlfriend of 4 years to fanatically devote himself to Ferrari. What's Vettel doing? Getting married and having more kids! Is it fair to me to criticize him? Of course, He's getting paid over 300 million dollars. Either perform or get the hell out of here and retire already.
    10) Knowing all the above has to tolerated for another year (while paying him another 40 million dollars to play second fiddle?)

Again, feel free to disagree with me, but at the very least I hope you can I understand why I loathe him.

10. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    If winning for the Scuderia requires CLC to give up the ladies, so be it. He's a better man than I!
    T

paulchua likes this.
  11. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    This is the sort of passion, devotion, hard-core focus I want from a person I pay 300 million dollars to. (cough Vettel) - If it's not in someone to be this fanatical about winning, great, it's a free world in Europe, I wish them well and hope Vettel has a happy life being a family man

Me? I like paying folks hundreds of millions of dollars if they will devote themselves 100% to SF.

So far it looks like Leclerc may be just the ticket.

tomc likes this.
  12. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    :oops:

paulchua and G. Pepper like this.
  13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Leclrec - 3 Milion Dollars so far
    Vettel - 300 Million Dollars after 2020.

So far I know which return on investment is out performing.

Not hyperbole, exaggeration, or figure of speech.

Vettel's time at Ferrari has yielded him 100 Times More in compensation than Leclerc currently.

Somebody will say, but of course, Leclerc is *just starting*

EXACTLY

14. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Jet Mode!

15. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

That happens when you are gifted a win knowing your team mate will beat you again. Vettel leaving is a good thing. He is a sub performer as a WDC. He is not impressive as a close quarter driver. His skills are minimal and pressure has his number. He should have left with Kimi

kandi and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  16. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The waste of money is laughable now.

17. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    This always makes for a nice and neat (somewhat stereotypical) racers narrative about a driver "selling one's soul to the racecars" and forsaking all else in the process....but do we know this is what really what happened? Not doubting, but certainly could by a myriad of things at play...

This was not the path of drivers such as Schumacher, Stewart...and I'm not convinced they were simply exceptions...

sammysaber likes this.
  18. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    That's an absolutely idiotic statement.

I used to like him, but then he turned into what he is now. This he did before it went down hill.

I lost respect for him a long time ago, as he acts like nothing but an entitled punk.

Poor sportsmanship, poor conduct and now lacklustre results. That will put you in the doghouse.

Hate is not the right word for me. But I genuinely do not like him and I think he's an *******.

So yes, I prefer him out of F1 and that has ZERO to do with being fair weather fans!

19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I am new to the sport, having started following at 2015. From a completely objective non-personal stand, I feel the 300 million has yielded very little. The young Monegasque exposing the state of the emperor's clothing.

20. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Oh very true, this could be personal propaganda, that said it did come straight from her mouth and he confirmed.