For Sale - 1991 348ts light restoration complete | FerrariChat

For Sale 1991 348ts light restoration complete

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by FSM348, Sep 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith
    #1 FSM348, Sep 14, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    Link to ebay ad below. Willing to listen to all reasonable offers. Asking $49,900 Thanks!

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575378759&campid=5338273189&customid=&icep_item=183951995848&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg&toolid=11111

Selling my 1991 Ferrari 348 TS after a thorough restoration just completed. Paint was originally red, repainted to green in its history (not due to damage) and I wrapped it in Avery Dennison Carmine Red. Best of the best wrap material with 5-7 year lifetime and probably longer on a car that spends most of its time in a garage.

For those who live in states that smog test, yes this car can pass the smog test by reinstalling the air injection device and CATs with CAT ecu's. I can do this for the buyer at no charge and should take about an hour or so to do.

I have a lift in the garage to allow a full inspection on pickup or a PPI if you prefer to schedule.
    All new oil return valleys were drilled behind the cam seals in the proper place with proper Ferrari jig. These were commonly drilled in the wrong place from the Maranello factory and caused cam seal oil leaks. This car was corrected and has zero cam seal oil leaks!!!
    Comes with original wheels.
    Both engine harnesses were completely rebuilt using better than factory JPT pins with new boots including the ECU connectors.
    Interior was professionally reconditioned.
    New coolant hoses uprated with silicon instead of rubber. New uprated band clamps to match.
    Complete brake system restoration including F355 Brembo rebuilt calipers, new pads and rotors. Calipers were painted with 900F ceramic paint and then cleared with 900F clear coat.
    Engine was fully serviced including leak down and compression tests (leak down numbers all below 6% prior to restoration)
    All new Ferrari seals
    All new suspension bushes
    Drive shafts completely rebuilt.
    New Timing Belt housing/cover
    Alternator rebuilt.
    New uprated water pump.
    New Alternator belt
    New AC belt
    New Timing Belt.
    Starter rebuilt.
    Hubs reconditioned.
    AC system recondition including new drier and r134 conversion. ICE COLD! Picture shows 41.7F with top off and 86F ambient air.
    Flywheel rebuilt with new seals and Kluber grease and internal parts.
    Dual disc clutch is new with under 1000 miles on it
    New Stainless Steel Nouvalari type exhaust.
    New Stainless Steel test pipes
    New 02 sensors.
    Nearly every sensor on the engine was replaced with new Ferrari parts.
    New ignition coils
    New ignition wires
    Engine was cleaned and manifold/valve powder coated.
    Throttle bodies rebuild with new seals and powder coated.
    All factory heat shields still with car. Rare at this point in these cars lifetime.
    Factory Ferrari tool kit with leather case and complete!
    Full detailed restoration records with receipts. Well over $12k not including labor!
    Ferrari 360 wheels with new tires.
    Tail light converted to F40/ Ferrari 328 round lights behind factory 348 grill. Looks amazing! Can be easily converted back to original 348 tail lights if desired with no modification.
    348 Challenge steering wheel installed, factory steering wheel included. Easily swapped.
    New headlight stalk (these are usually broken in these cars as was original in this car)
    Coolant system was mostly removed including hard tubing and cleaned and powder coated.
    There is so much more and I have all documentation and a few pictures to show the work performed!

SOUNDS AMAZING, LOOKS AMAZING, and FEEL AMAZING to drive!

Please ask ALL questions prior to bidding. I can assist in scheduling a PPI if you wish but please contact me prior to bidding to set up. This is truly a great 348 that should be worry free to drive for some time!

(Drive by)

(Walk around)

(Inside while driving)

(Info about the CEL and secondary air injection)

(Demo of tail light operation)

(The second video from the top shows the CEL lights on. After checking the code again it is 1123 - Secondary Air Injection. This makes sense because I removed the air injection system and can re-install it prior to pickup. I removed the system because the engine bay looks a little cleaner in my opinion without it but its a personal choice and I still have the complete system in perfect working order.)

2. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith
    The tail lights are full LED. Very bright running lights, turn, reverse and brake lights!
    Forgot to mention it has the Hill Engineering slave cylinder.

3. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith

Video of latest drive tonight showing the CEL lights are now off after reinstalling the Air Injection solenoids. Thanks!

4. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    #4 jferrante, Sep 14, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  5. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith
    Yes, this is the Kermit!

It was painstaking bringing this car to where it is today. Everything needed TLC and I mean everything! I extremely proud of the result with all the work that’s gone into this beautiful machine.

6. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith
    SOLD to a fellow Fchatter.

7. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    Congrats! Car turned out great

8. FSM348