FORMULA 1 VTB RUSSIAN GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 12 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 VTB RUSSIAN GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Sep 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Vettel got the votes for "driver of the day" .... from Mercedes fans. :p

Anyone else think Seb turned his mill up to 12/10ths ... until it blew up?
    (Just in time to give Merc free pit stops. :mad: *)

Ferrari *still* can't adapt on the fly.
    Vettel was pushing his tires and mill to stay out front; Ham was pushing his tires to keep contact; Leclerc was preserving his tires ...
    ... so, of course, Ferrari brought Leclerc in first, laps before Seb. :rolleyes:

Then that SC stop to put the Ferrari on softs?
    30+ laps on softs is too much of an "ask" for the lower down-force Ferrari.
    If they'd left Charles out on mediums, he'd have kept second, and the race likely would have come to him at the end, when the Merc's softs were old.

My vote for driver of the day would be Albon, for getting 5th from the pit lane.
    Although Sainz did a pretty good job with the McLaren, as well. (Almost getting Ham at T1.)

-----------
    * I have to wonder about that "emergency stop" on track for the "MGU-K"?
    If it has no hybrid boost, it should still be able to get back to the pit, even if a bit slow, I'd think.
    (But I don't have detailed plans for how those are designed, so ...)

2. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I think Seb was turned up simply to be faster than LeClerc.

RobertJRB and ricksb like this.
  3. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Hard to pass up those lyrics and song title...;)

I can’t take it any longer
    Thought that we were stronger
    All we do is linger
    Slipping through our fingers

Etcetera likes this.
  4. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    He is perfect! He brings home the points. A well-oiled team is like a perfect PBJ sandwich. A perfect amount of peanut butter, a perfect amount of jam, and a quality bread along with maybe some butter under the jelly or a sprinkling of cinnamon on the peanut butter. In this analogy, Bottas is the crust.

DF1, VPX, sammysaber and 1 other person like this.
  5. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Respectfully disagree
    they would probably have finished the race separated by a few seconds (Leclerc Vettel Hamilton), but never Hamilton would have had the pace to go beyond .
    Track position is king in Sotchi too .

kes7u, Bas and crinoid like this.
  6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    wtf are you on about?

Vettel got a better start, and then was faster than Leclerc.

Ferrari then gave charles the chance for the undercut. He didn't make it, so they instead let Vettel stay out far too long, and give charles the position that way. They would've been leading had it not been for the VSC.

Ferrari screwed Vettel (mute point since the car broke down), but still would've been a 1-2.

Leclerc is a whining tit who apparently doesn't understand that a race is not won on saturday, but on Sunday...and certainly shouldn't be gifted to him 2 laps into the race because he wants it.

7. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Agree, although I think Hamilton would have come out ahead of Vettel post pit stop - I think they pitted Vettel too late.

But thanks to Vettel safety car, it's all ifs and buts now. And BTW he seemed very happy to get out of his car probably knowing he screwed his teammate.

Ferrari did even better giving up a 2nd place and putting Leclerc back out behind Bottleneck Bottas. Stupidest move ever.

VPX, fil and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  8. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    True that Leclerc needs to learn to accept that s**t happens and he couldn't keep up to Vettel, unless he was holding back for whatever reason.

So Ferrari went from favoring Vettel at the start of the season to favoring Leclerc and all the bad decisions related to that. Somebody needs to read the riot act there too the drivers.

VPX, Mats Andersen, ricksb and 4 others like this.
  9. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    For all those claiming Liberty F1 favoring Ferrari, will the results be overturned or did I miss something? I came here looking for a Ferrari 1-2, so disappointed to say the least.

10. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Seb's comment "bring back the effing V12s" was the best.

11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I think Binotto must have a serious chat with both drivers and tell them to drive and shut the **** up, or they will sit in the bench.

12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Glad you showed up, i knew i forgot to put someone on ignore...fixed that!

375+ and Jakuzzi like this.
  13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I know many of you guys are blasting ferrari but Honestly, i think they did everything right today...you just can't fight bad luck. It's true that if trhey hadn't done teh second stop on Chuck he might have finished second, but it's also true that the Mercs are simply faster than us on the mediums, so by fitting some softs on Charles they at least gave him a chance to fight, Ferrari believed it was more importante a shot at first than to keep a second place..and i agree with them, we are not fighting for the title, that one is long gone, so only victory interests.

14. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    I lost a bit of respect for Leclerc. He is coming across as quite spoiled. I believe Monza really went to his head.

15. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Isn’t Charles point that he didn’t fight or resist giving Seb the tow. Though he is being slightly annoying I didn’t get that he was asking for the race gifted to him. What I got is that he was asking for the position back that they asked him to sacrifice and he in fact did sacrifice. It’s a moot point because Seb was so much faster. Seemingly because he turned it up to 12 and then blew his system.

16. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Agree, i am surprised that he is whining so much

17. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Afraid your favorite will lose that title?? ;)

sammysaber, kes7u, Picchu88 and 4 others like this.
  18. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

Completely agree , French "journalists" after the end of the race were ecstatic with Hamilton and said he mastered the race .
    Obviously it was just pure luck and a damage limitation race for him.
    Our race pace with Mercedes is even and it's a very good news for us .
    Loosing this race is just difficult to swallow.
    Maybe Charles qualifying setup is too extreme, he has margin to compromise it a little in order to be more competitive in race trim ?

NeuroBeaker and VPX like this.
  19. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Lucky Lewis gets yet another gift, The Butler Bottas bottlenecks dutifully, Ferrari should have won, but that is racing. Seb has quote of the year with bring back the effing V12s and Williams makes anyone wonder why they even bother to show up. Another typical race in the turbo hybrid era.

ingegnere, VPX, Picchu88 and 4 others like this.
  20. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Looks like he already did;)

Jakuzzi likes this.
  21. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Talent has nothing to do with experience Paul. Michael Jordan came in 84 and immediately made a stamp over other greater guys. Instead of beating on vettel who is clearly mentally weak let’s praise Leclerc who btw is a sophomore not a rookie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VPX likes this.
  22. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I dint think it’s good news: Mercedes is clearly already working on the 2020 car whilst Ferrari is still working on 19. Mercedes is still 6 months ahead ; Ferrari getting there though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VPX and Jakuzzi like this.
  23. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Just finished seeing the race. Not the best outcome today as LH44 was gifted yet another win and CL was a non-factor. Vettel dominated from the green flag until he retired.
    Not to ruffle feathers here from fellow SF "fans" but, please tell me how SF screwed CL this time? Vettel had a better start and dominated until he retired. Did SF dial less power to CL and more to Vettel?

stavura and mkultra like this.
  24. Dimitar

Dimitar Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2007
    Boston
    First of all- if Vettel did not overtake Charles at the start, Charles would have won the race. That is what the team should have done. Have Vettel hold off the Merc so Leclerc pulls ahead. As long as Vettel did not overtake Leclerc at the start even with his DNF and safety car coming out Leclerc would have been ahead. Ultimately he got destroyed by the speed limit during safety car which allowed Hamilton to get in the pit and still come out in front. And all that drama and crying over the radio was for nothing. Leclerc showed that still has a lot to learn. Couldn't even overtake Bottas for second place. I blame the management, not the drivers though. Poor strategy and no control over the drivers.

25. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Both are putting up a good fight.

Jakuzzi likes this.