2012 ff infotainment freezing | FerrariChat

2012 ff infotainment freezing

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by ttforcefed, Sep 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  2. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    The stuff ferrari comes out with for audio solutions usually under impresses. Is that a clarion unit?

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I believe so- that being said; I never listen to music In a Ferrari;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

otakki likes this.
  4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Sorry its crashing on you. Could it be due to an old/ failing battery?

My guess is the audio out of either unit is solid. Maybe the Pioneer is a little better. The Ferrari one will have the benefit of being compatible with the amp and thus the speakers already in the FF. The Pioneer will likely need some kind of adapter to work with the FF amp, or, you might be encouraged by your friendly neighborhood high end auto installer to replace the stock amp, and then replace the stock speakers, this will be an improvement for sure, but it will also be far more costly. The most important thing is both units support Apple Car Play- but the Pioneer unit also supports Android Auto- which might be important to someone if they are not a fan of Apple stuff or want the flexibility. I have found CarPlay (Im just simply locked into the fruit company I admit it!) to be very useful- its so nice to have Waze and all my music streaming away- no matter what streaming service. Having this means your Nav, audio, and digital assistant like Siri will be pretty future proof. Example, I just updated to iOS 13.1 and the CarPlay interface is even better than before- instant upgrade to any car I use it in. The Pioneer unit also supports wireless CarPlay- it does it via wifi- it should be pretty slick. I say do it and upgrade it all and let the good times roll! (fun when Im not writing the checks!)

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  5. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    AI already replaced everything but the head unit a couple years ago! so im going to stick with their suggestion and go pioneer. he said they can even get the front camera button to work even though my car didnt come with a front camera. the car turns 8 years old in october so its time for a new head unit.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  6. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Sounds like a plan to me! :)

7. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    Very interested in the front camera portion!!!

8. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Get the pioneer and u can have a front camera!

9. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016
    I did the same on an old landcrusier. Write down your login information if you create it with some clever at the time, I'll never forget, for your profile. I'm sure there is an easy factory reset but there are things I can get incredibly lazy about finding out. Needless to say, battery died, somehow the unit still retains my login code that I need to re-enter. I just login under guest without all of the functionality (like the front camera).

10. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Sorry, with the pioneer unit? I have the pioneer in an e36 m3 and i have never had to log in to it

11. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016
    Oh. It's an older one. Probably back from 2014. It could be pioneer or Kenwood. It is an all in one, screens to back head rests, camera like you mentioned, etc. It's not here or I'd go look. But again, it's old. I didn't have to log in after it was set up. Only after battery died and it wanted me to remember what I input who knows how long ago.

12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Ah ok. No such known issues on my pioneer and i turn the battery off frequently.

Elisesko likes this.
  13. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think its a good idea to write down various settings on these devices because they can be lost for whatever reason and this way you are protected.

14. Outrun

Outrun Karting

Do you not need a new grill to install the front camera or are you thinking of another location? My car has £65k of options ($90k ish) and the only box not ticked was the front camera!

15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Nah no plan on changing the grill. The guys at AI are prose - they have a plan im sure!

16. Outrun

Outrun Karting

Post some pics when you get it done please. I have the Alpine standard head unit but i also have the rear headrest screens and so I’d like a car play enabled upgrade head unit that still offers fulls factory style functionality for the rear screens, small screen by the dials etc. Probably need to find a newer Alpine that can do it.

17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I have rear seat entertainment- ive never used it and only reason i remembered i have it it because u mentioned it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Outrun

Outrun Karting

Yeh but I’ve got young kids otherwise I wouldn’t care!!

19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    they said rear entertainment wont be an issue to retain it