FORMULA 1 VTB RUSSIAN GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 16 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 VTB RUSSIAN GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Sep 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I liked to hear Peter Windsor that wisely reminded that more than any other team, Ferrari should know the consequences of not controling team mates actions, I know Gilles and Didier are long gone, but there are still plenty of us that reminder how that ended.

amerikalei, fil and lorenzobandini like this.
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

He is simply the wrong personality and skill-set for the job as many have stated. He is a large part of the issues within the team. Technical improvements are fine but we lack a character of force and organization to maximise the value of the improvements and drivers.

3. #378 lorenzobandini, Sep 29, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  4. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Did you take your meds today?

stavura, lorenzobandini and pilotoCS like this.
  5. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    How is this a political or strategic mess? They had a perfect strategy, the mgu-k failure is what killed their race, nothing else. They had the perfect strategy for a 2nd 1-2 on the trot but lost another race due to a technical issue. Vettel made the right call to keep pushing as he gapped Leclerc and pulled out enough on Hamilton to where their pit strategy was open and they couldn't be undercut. They made it easily into the medium pit window with both drivers opening a gap on Hamilton, who at that point would be losing .8-1 second per lap while Vettel and Leclerc were on new Mediums with Hamilton on 20+ lap old ones, with Leclerc in front. They played everything right, had at least 10s on Hamilton after he pits with Leclerc leading and Vettel on fresher mediums playing rear gunner, a virtually ideal situation.

Everything perfect except for whatever killed the mgu-k. The team told Vettel to stop immediately and he put the car as close to an opening in the wall as possible, impressively so. The only thing they could have done differently is leave Leclerc out on the Mediums so he had track position on Bottas, and given how weak Bottas has been at trying to pass, it would have worked. However, they were still thinking they could win the race, not going for 2nd, but that's one of those 20/20 hindsight deals.

6. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
    “Bring back the f—-ing V-12s.” Well amen to that, but we’re way past any hope for that.

I may get chastised for this but whatever. I still believe in Vettel.

What I don’t and never have believed in are team orders. Let the drivers drive.

stavura and zygomatic like this.
  7. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Thanks, Tex! I always wondered about the creds.

8. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    As it turns out, more of an electrical fire....which sputtered.

I'm glad I didn't wake up early to watch this debacle. Just watched the repeat and it seems Ferrari are still favoring their $45 million man for no reason other than tradition......they bet on the wrong horse....

9. Dimitar

Dimitar Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2007
    Boston
    Because there is still hope for Leclerc

10. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Seb needs to go period.

The plan was to take advantage of the early tow at the start to build up a gap from Mercedes. Seb broke the agreement, put the car on qualy mode to pull a bigger gap from Leclerc, destroyed Leclerc’s tires and pretty much made sure he stayed behind.

Then by a stroke of karma, his MGU-K hit issues...

But then he chose to park the car where he did and triggered the VSC which dashed all hopes of Ferrari winning the race or even P2.

GREAT JOB SEB! Just sack the overpaid, overrated fool already...

Robb and Hocakes like this.
  11. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    The team plan seems a bit strange to me - straight after quali Toto was saying he expected Hamilton to be 3rd in lap 1, referencing the slipstream even to say Vettel had a chance to lead. Surely Vettel knew this - why would he agree to a choreographed start if he could get the lead - doesn't make sense.

Re where he parked up :

Vettel to engineer: “I’ve got no K, I’ve got no K. Tell me something, I’ve got no K.”
    Engineer: ‘We’re looking into it, we know.”
    Vettel: “OK, copy.”
    Engineer: “And box. Stop the car now, stop the car.”
    Vettel: “You serious?”
    Engineer: “Yeah.”
    Vettel: “OK, stopping now. I’m stopped. Engine off.”
    Engineer: “Jump out safely.”
    Vettel: “Bring back the ****ing V12s.” – said as he parked the Ferrari while the race was neutralised under VSC.

Vettel even asked the engineer if he was serious re turning off the engine and was told to do so.

He's lost us at least one WDC, with the justified anger and pain which goes with that, but the last couple of races from what I see he has pulled away from Charles on merit.

Best,
    Sammy

12. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    #388 ypsilon, Sep 29, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2019
    "take advantage of the early tow"

The early tow ? What the hell does that mean. Is there a late tow ?

"Seb broke the agreement, put the car on qualy mode to pull a bigger gap from Leclerc"

The agreement ? put the car on qualy mode ? sounds like a conspiracy [*** P&R deleted ***]?

Seb was told to let Charles by very, very early into the race, just after a couple of laps. There wasn't a plan to take advantage of anything, if only. Only plan Ferrari did seem to have early on was that Charles should've lead the race (free air) and got the first call for a pitstop.

Seb's MGU-whatever bad luck obviously wasn't planned.

End of.

635CSI, stavura and Senna1994 like this.
  13. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I am so disappointed with the FERRARI STRATEGISTS and management. They now have created a very toxic environment where neither driver wants to follow the PLAN because they cannot count on the other parties to make it right and quid pro quo.

So let them all race, stay out of the drivers way, and stop over complicating the process. You will only F it up for everyone - including the Tifosi.

Robb

subirg, VPX, stavura and 3 others like this.
  14. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Vettel refused to obey team orders.He really needs to be slapped down and put in his place.

He just can't accept that Leclerc is his equal or even better already.

Another year of Vettel ? ohh please no ,just pay him off ,adios.

15. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Team orders just after race start just doesn't work or even make sense tactically. I don't blame Vet, he had the better start.

Ferari should've dealt with the issue pre-race.

VPX, stavura, Senna1994 and 2 others like this.
  16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua

He should have let Leclerc past right way and get the clear air. But hey, I get it, some folks love Vettel to the end. Right now it's hard time for them. I follow team* over driver, I know that's a big difference between me and others, nothing wrong with this. Just explaining where I'm coming from.

*I actually own a microscopic part of the team, yet as little as it is. I get a yearly dividend. Vettel writes me no check every year.

Again, this is me, you guys love Vettel? Worship the floor he walks? Hey - all good. I'm happy for you.

17. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I have no love for Vettel. I understand folks love him. That's fine. I place SF over driver, and currently Vettel has not delivered. Harsh? No, we gave him over 300 million dollars for 5 years of tears.

18. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    No problem friend, it's all good, I hate Vettel, I don't hate *you*

It's all good banter. It's sports, we're all allowed to have our heroes. Currently Leclerc is mine. Vettel, not so much.

375+, VPX and lorenzobandini like this.
  19. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #395 freshmeat, Sep 29, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2019
    Right, it’s a conspiracy and that’s why Leclerc didn’t just close the door on Seb when he was going for a pass on the first lap...that or he’s just an idiot and forgot how to race...

It's all good, Leclerc the rookie has now learned his lesson to not trust a multi-21-Seb, and next time around I'm sure he will only trust his racing instinct and not some lame brain gentleman's agreement.

20. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Vettel himself didn't have any defense on why he broke his word to Leclrec. A desperate man doing desperate things. You know, kind of like purposely bumping into the race leader in Baku?

He is broken. Does this give me pleasure? NO! I'm stuck with him for another year (and another 40 million)!!! So all those Vettel lovers, hey, seriously, I hope you have me eating crow soon, because I would love nothing more to see him win and be at the top. As I said, I follow team over driver, and if you all are right and I'm dead wrong, I'll be very happy.

Consider that...

21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    SEb didn't chose to park the car there, he was taking it back to the pits but was ORDERED by the team to stop imidiatly because the mgu-k failure led to an isolation problem and he risked being electrecuted.

stavura, 375+ and G. Pepper like this.
  22. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Ah well he finally decided to follow a team ORDER;)

furoni likes this.
  23. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    No I don't. I've been a fan of him for quite some time. But his whining gets on my nerves.

Jog on.

stavura likes this.
  24. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'm also a big fan of charles as a driver. I simply have an issue with him whinging. Ferrari had no business swapping them around given the pace he had. He was faster but they didn't hold a massive margin over Mercedes to start swapping the slower driver around simply because he feels he wanted to win...because he was fast in quali?

ricksb, stavura and kandi like this.