Cancelled Pista Spider Orders | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Cancelled Pista Spider Orders

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Scraggy, Sep 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Was at the factory a few weeks ago. Saw 3 F8’s driving around together. You had to “see” them because the sound was significantly muted compared to the 488.

Bundy and MalibuGuy like this.
  2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Not Dustman Worthy! :)

3. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Very very obvious difference.

4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Ugh...Ferrari going in wrong direction....pull up, pull up!

RayJohns and JTSE30 like this.
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #55 Shadowfax, Sep 29, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    Too late now. SF90 sounds just as bad as F8 on outside apparently....may as well be full electric.

This is exactly what I was told. You can see them but can barely hear them. Apparently in comparison to a v12 superfast the F8 is a very major step back in sound ...and 488 is significantly louder. So not sure what the F8 boys are gonna do about that one. Not good.
    Pista may well be it for me. No interest in silent and electric cars as fun cars.

6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Pista and mclaren lt. Could be my swan song for new cars.

7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Yeah I think we are definitely at the end of the line here with Ferrari although apparently the new V12 812 still sounds pretty good around the circuit. Will be interesting to see how the upcoming 992 gt3 and rs cars fare - they should sound fine. Porsche always puts a lot of work into the GT cars sound. Mac - time will tell but Ferrari has definitely lost the plot with the sound. For those complaining about 488 aren't going to like what's in store.

8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Sound doesn’t bother me so much. It’s not my thing. It’s more the hybridization.

9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    A hybrid for a sports/fun car is not my thing either.

Considering the battery and charging issues (still) present in Ferrari's 2019 cars is enough to keep me well clear from anything hybrid or electric coming out of Maranello/Italy.

Always quite liked 488's sound - could never work out the negativity even though I totally get the Atmo sound thing. Always thought Ferrari had done a great job with their turbo 488 and Pista sound even though by rights Pista should be tougher stock for a track focused car. But nothing that can't be fixed - unlike F8 or SF90 where what you hear is what you get whether you like it or not. And, it can and will only get worse from there. Oh boy..... The upside for F8 is at least it doesn't share the complexities of SF90's hybrid drive....gulp.

sfcarguy, Bundy and PA Wolfpacker like this.
  10. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Tdf and f40.

RayJohns and Katonk like this.
  11. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    2020 sorry

SoCal to az likes this.
  12. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Dont sink, dont sink!

13. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Didn't some loser YouTuber got a pista too and stood on it?

GK18 likes this.
  14. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Yeah but they bought a lot of cars and a Lusso.

15. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    Those guys are so annoying

DefunctNeurons, GK18 and Katonk like this.
  16. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Just to add to the “sound” comment I made. As I was walking by the entrance of the factory, two Monza’s drove out (great sound and great looking) followed by a F8 and 30 seconds later a 812 SF coup. If I had closed my eyes you would have thought only 3 cars had left the entrance. Those looking for the traditional Ferrari sound will be very disappointed with the new emission requirements.

17. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    The aftermarket will be hard at work looking for ways around this.

Melvok likes this.
  18. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    this is a generalization, not a rule.

19. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    For those who like the look of the Pista stripes on an F8, do it after market. Cost will be minimal and at anytime in the future, they can simply be removed.

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    makes me wonder if in the high end luxury market there is buyer ADD. experienced this recently with the FerrariChat BRM luxury watch, had 8 legit buyers showing enough interest to reserve a limited edition number, but by the time we waited for actual deposit 2 weeks later almost every one fell through! these are legit capable buyers who were apologetic, but in just those 2 weeks their interests changed or got distracted by another watch they bought. I imagine at high end someone might have $100k, $500k, $1mm or whatever set aside to blow and it is fun for them to think about 100 different ways to spend that money, but in the end that money can just get spent once.

Melvok, rocketman and italiafan like this.
  21. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    All this pessimism about the future of Ferrari focusing on hybidization. Who here wouldn't jump at the chance of owning a La Ferrari? No disappointment when it was introduced. Why all this despair over the upcoming hybrid models which in all likelihood will be special and stellar.

stavura and Ash Patel like this.
  22. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #72 dmark1, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    OK cool, can you send me their number? I want to buy both of them right now. Since, you know, they are so easy to get. PM their number! This is GREAT! ;)

The reality is if you look online RIGHT NOW you will find available Pistas listed mostly at 100K over. Assuming there is some play in that most Pistas are selling for FAR OVER MSRP just like the Speciale did once upon a time. I got my Speciale new with no prior new car purchase experience and it held up very well in the marketplace. The Pista is a far improved Speciale both tech wise and especially looks wise so I expect it to perform at least as well in the marketplace.

These "soon we will see discount Pistas" stories are dreamer driven.

mkraft3003 likes this.
  23. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark

Thats cause its horse ****.

24. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    About a year too late. You can get used now though.

25. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    I think if those who want one, and are ok with a similar but not exact spec to what they would have built for themselves, all you have to be is a little patient and these cars will come to you. And I mean a few months of patience not years. There's already several for sale and from the brokers I speak to the market is already trickling towards msrp, and there's about to be a whole bunch more hitting the market at the same time. Not saying the market will collapse, but for those who missed out on an allocation you'll be able to buy a sub 200 mile one at around msrp without having set $100k on fire on a Lusso.