Cancelled Pista Spider Orders | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Cancelled Pista Spider Orders

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Scraggy, Sep 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark

Yes, at 80-100K OVER MSRP. So, the idea that anyone could've walked through the door and got a Pista a year ago is pure fantasy.

2. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark

I remember when the same thing was said about the Speciale. Turned out to be fantasy. You STILL can't buy a sub TWO THOUSAND mile Speciale for MSRP. A Pista for MSRP at 200 miles?? BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Katonk, JTSE30 and mkraft3003 like this.
  3. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    #78 sampelligrino, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    You'll need to be careful bro, I've already nicked the front underside and now a rear diffuser fin on my 488 and that's coming out of the low GT3. If those were CF, my eyes would be watering a bit!

There was a nicely specced one just 40k over in the classifieds a couple months ago, with a FerrariChat discount mentioned meaning less than that I'd imagine

Speciale MSRP around 350 right? Pista MSRP seems to be 100k more which inches close to that 500k number and now solidly in mid 400s. I'd imagine each echelon of 100k drops the number of interested buyers. Also, Speciale has the last of PF/last NA argument which FWIW holds weight with some (not me), Pista may be last non GPF or last ICE turbo special series but doubt it will have the same ring to it. I'd personally pick the Pista over Speciale even saying that, but it does matter to some

I was offered a Pista with my 488 on the factory line if I bought a Lusso, no other history

SoCal to az and soulsea like this.
  4. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Already have my PPF guys ready on stand by to bullet proof and wrap the whole car.

sampelligrino likes this.
  5. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
  6. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark

The car in that Spec would've been around 345,000MSRP . AND its a color that commands the least premium.

Where are you getting 70K under MSRP? The silicon valley price was 70K OVER MSRP so its "maybe" as MSRP with an ugly spec on EBay (which raises its own questions...)

Try again.

F12JAJ and ferrame like this.
  7. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark

You haven't said anything I disagree with. Pistas are selling 50 - 100 over MSRP and they are for "someone elses" spec. Just like the Speciale did. I am saying the Pista will hold its value relative to its MSRP just as the Speciale did theirs.

8. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    #83 soulsea, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    Alright, first of all no need to get snarky and insult someone else's spec.

Also, I'm not 'trying' I'm just posting data points as I understand them.

My understanding was that Ferrari dealers don't advertise at over msrp, so I mistakenly thought the $419k was the car's original msrp.

Even if the second listing was for a used 500 mile (as I now notice) car, it's still a $70k drop in asking price 1500 miles later, something that can't be accounted just for the extra mileage alone.

Plus the Speciale and the Pista are completely different cars. Ferrari is going to keep making a whole bunch of track focused non NA cars moving forward, there will never be another Speciale.

I'll say it again, anyone who buys a Pista as something they want have nothing to worry about, even if they paid msrp. Those who bought it as flip do, and you'll see them trying to leave the room all at the same time. This car has GT2RS market dynamics written all over it.

There's no reason to argue about it now anyway, we can always circle back to how it played out a year from now. I certainly don't wish it to be so, I hope everyone enjoys these extraordinary cars and loses as little money on them as possible.

dmark1 and dustman like this.
  9. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I have no idea about that, wasnt my comment. But I found it easy.

10. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Absolutely.

11. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Some good info here Sam but FYI the Pista started at $345,500 before delivery and Options. You could spec a nice one in the $420-$425K range.

sampelligrino likes this.
  12. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Yeah and I would have been sorely tempted if I came across one for sale in that range with no ADM but knew would not be the case now or for a bit of time. I've had the pleasure of seeing quite a few in the showrooms at FSV and South Bay, and to your point even saw a gorgeous titanio one in person with a sticker @ 375 with no carbon anywhere from what I could tell to my surprise. But the 4-5 other ones, FWIW the stickers were all 430-460 fully kitted out to the hilt

I meant to say MSRP with typical options which seems most owners justifiably did not spare any expense. I would have done the same too if I could!

13. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Very bare bones for that price.

14. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    This only applies to new cars. "Used" cars they can sell for whatever they want.

But the same can be said for Pista or any other car. Once production is done, there will never be another Pista. And then there will never be another SF90. And then there will never be a F8. and on and on and on.

dmark1 and Gh21631 like this.
  15. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    No suspension lifter = harder to sell, actually MUCH harder to sell...sure it can be added, depending on dealer quoting could be upwards of 30K to add...

and at 349K looks to be above MSRP

16. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Semantically speaking I agree. :)

The market as you know views these things differently.

Anyhoot, I'm going to start abstaining from value threads, their proliferation is part of the reason I rarely post on rennlist any more, and to be honest I don't have any enlightening info to add to the subject anyway.

DefunctNeurons and SoCal to az like this.
  17. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    must have had only 5-6 options on the monroney, would have loved the opportunity to buy and drive the wheels off of it

I'm with you Serge, just so hard to resist :)

18. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    In Europe virtually new Pista seem to be advertised for around MSRP now (just checked on mobile.de); there is a private sale in France for EUR 350K which is likely to be below MSRP (I made a very reasonable config when I considered the Pista, and it was EUR 360K with all taxes).
    The Speciale was blessed with the exotics market being crazy in 2015, the Pista does not benefit from a similar environment and Ferrari has adjusted its price at a significantly higher level.
    This being said, I consider the Pista to be already overpriced at MSRP but I have no issue if some owners make a profit on one - good for them.

Melvok and Ash Patel like this.
  19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Yeah- rennlist is tough. Every other thread is about some dude crying cause his GT3 lost $500 in value. The same folks who waited 2 years for a car and are crying cause they tried to trade in after 4 days and realized their prized possession isn't worth what they thought it was.

IPO1 and IloveGT like this.
  20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    BTW- this is in no way shape or form like what happened with 2rs. With the 2rs- you had greedy dealers artificially inflating the price. With the Pista- every car that was sold was sold at MSRP - now the market has set the price whatever it is - msrp in Europe and above msrp currently in the states. But the 2RS was a **** show with respect to the Porsche dealers. I dont know if there is anything worse in this world right now than a porsche dealer. They utterly and royally suck so bad that if I never deal with another one Ill be a happy camper.

Im in the hunt for a GT3 and trying only to buy private cause I dont want to deal with these jack weasels. There are still some out there trying to get over msrp for 2rs and I just laugh.

Dont even get me started on the whole Speedster debacle. What a joke of a car that thing is along with some of the crazy asking prices by the dealers. 150k over for a GT3 without a roof. Jesus.

anyways- sorry- rant over.

Themaven, Rrr1, randkin and 2 others like this.
  21. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I actually know a pista was sold just less than 50k over. No longer it was 100k.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I think the days of over msrp are gone. I think Pista will maintain msrp or slightly higher for the foreseeable future and to me as an owner is a bonus.

IloveGT likes this.
  23. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    msrp will be a huge win if it can do that

SoCal to az likes this.
  24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I think it will. At the end of the day, 2500 or so world wide is not a lot - similar to Speciale and it should do well similar to that. But again- thats just a bonus for me. Im expecting to lose some money long term - but I really like this car and its more aggressive style and tune compared to my 488.

25. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    speciales had premiums for a while. little to know premiums from what i see with little support from dealers....i think it will be an msrp -20 percent car....we shall see....