458 - CPO Warranty price check please | FerrariChat

458 CPO Warranty price check please

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Sep 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Looking at a 458, was offered a CPO warranty. I have heard Ferrari has been and is offering a CPO warranty for around 4500 buy one get one year year free (I think 4950 or something like that was a final figure). We were offered a two year for 7500. Anyone here recently purchase a warranty? I'd like your feedback. Was also wondering if they were worth buying but I read those threads, although none were quite up to date. Seems the gear box on some of the early cars was the biggest issue anyone had?

Anyone recently purchase a warranty?

Thanks

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  2. kbaillie

kbaillie Karting

Nov 4, 2009
    I was offered to renew the Ferrari New Power Warranty on my 2014 458 Spider (purchased 1 year ago as a CPO) at a cost of around $4500 for an additional year plus a $600 inspection fee. I found that latter part to be weird, because the car was still under warranty at the time...but I digress.

At the same time, the car had a minor failure that I felt should've been covered by the New Power Warranty, but Ferrari denied coverage. The nice gal at the Ferrari service center said something to the effect of "it's not super predictable what they'll cover and what they won't with the Ferrari warranty - you just kinda have to hope for the best" to which I responded "well thanks for the info - that doesn't sound like the kind of warranty I want!"

I shopped around, did my research, and ended up going with Lasalle's Platinum warranty, which set me back something like $6900 for 2 years. It's as close to a new car bumper-to-bumper warranty as I could find, and the Lasalle rep (Hal Moses @ 914-760-3015) didn't try to up upset me or haggle/harass like some of the other companies did. I feel pretty good about the decision in retrospect, although only time will tell if they live up to their reputation, and whether the coverage is indeed as complete as is stated on paper. Fingers crossed!

Best of luck!

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  3. Transman

Transman Karting

Nov 20, 2016
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen Ferraro
    I purchased 2 years on my Speciale A for 9,700
    Best price out of 2 dealers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  4. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Ask Steve here on the boards @SAFE4NOW

I extended my warranty through him - extension not NPW

Also check the threads there are a couple of actuarial analysis here that argue against it

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  5. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    I got a one year cpo warranty for $3k. its up in two weeks and nothing went wrong. There are several threads on here with analysis that the warranties are not worth it mathematically (these cars are extremely well built). This does not calculate in "piece of mind" though.

DefunctNeurons, SAFE4NOW and RyanFoH like this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I bought 2 years in my ff-

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  7. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

Ferrari is offering 2 years of CPO warranty for the price of 1 ( Offer only good on a Ferrari purchased through Ferrari Dealership ) and the coverage is like New Power Warranty
    This is NOT to be confused with 1 or 2 year warranty extension , which can only be added if the car is still under the org 3 year factory warranty. The extension is literally an extension of the factory warranty , with all the same coverage's.

Piece of mind and coverage for those large mechanical malfunctions is the biggest benefit IMO , "health insurance for your" car is my favorite example.

S

8. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

Not speaking for the person you actually talked to about the warranty BUT

New Power Warranty lists what is covered. By list I mean there is a book that your dealer can offer that will outline the items that are covered, there really is no guessing or hoping involved.

New Power warranty DOES have it drawbacks, it does not engine oil leaks, cosmetic items, etc
    But it does cover many high dollar items that may or may not fail during your ownership.

Also, make sure to those of you that have the New Power Warranty ( or warranty extension) that you are getting your renewal discounts year over year if you renew < wink >

Lasalle is a good non-factory backed extended warranty option, not 100% , but covers a lot of failures, and pay pretty well.

S

9. F60SA

F60SA Karting

Nov 15, 2014
    if the car is purchased from an authorized dealer it must leave the dealer with at least 2 year of warranty coverage to be a CPO car and thats where the discount comes into play - you have the option of New Power and Main Power which also includes more maintenance for the car past the 7 years

through the service department you cannot receive that discount with purchasing 2 years and the only 2 years available would be for the extension of factory coverage

10. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Anyone have any experience with LaSalle extended warranty?

11. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    See comments above by @ safe4now. He is a well trusted source from a F Dealership and making positive comment about a 3rd party coverage

bball16 likes this.