Looking for enclosed transport from Minnesota/Western Wisconsin to Orlando area | FerrariChat

Looking for enclosed transport from Minnesota/Western Wisconsin to Orlando area

Discussion in 'Florida' started by JohnnyRay, Sep 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    I would like to transport my 550 to Florida sometime in early October - and am striking out with the usual suspects. Tried Intercity first, then Reliable and a few other lesser knowns. They have all mentioned that they "don't run that lane". Any ideas? Specifically, I am located north of St. Paul, MN - about 30 miles off of I-35. Need to deliver to Leesburg, FL - just northwest of Orlando. Ideas?

2. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I've had similar experiences. They all seem to want to run up and down the coasts, or coast to coast. Forget anything in between.

My best suggestion would be to contact a reputable broker and be very specific as to your requirements.

3. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Not sure how to find - or identify - a reputable broker

4. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Are there any car auctions going on in Florida near your desired period? Maybe you could catch a ride on one of the official haulers south-bound for the auction. Just a thought.

5. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    Have you tried calling some local high end dealers to see who they use?

6. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    I had my 812 shipped from Tampa to Detroit and they shipped my Pista from Detroit to me in Tampa. The company was TNT transport logistics/DRD motor sports. 2489618391. They did an awesome job for both runs. It took them 2 days each way and it was enclosed transport. They make the run from that area to Florida regularly.

7. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    No sir. Good idea though. We also have an independent Ferrari shop in Eustis that I will also check with. He's one of the reasons I decided to bring the Maranello south with us for the winter.

8. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Unfortunately, all the auctions I can think of are going on later in the year - or early 2020. Mecum Kissimmee is the only big one that I know of.

9. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Thanks. I will try them...

10. frached

frached Rookie

May 20, 2017
    Tampa
    Full Name:
    Fares Rached
    Hi- It is going to take you a little time because this is the peak time for all the northerners coming south. If you have any friends with an account on Central Dispatch you can list your car there, it is basically a page that lists jobs for independents. You can read reviews and check their insurance so you are comfortable with the mover. I am guessing around $1200. I doubt Mecum is moving cars in this direction right now but they started their own transportation company and it might not hurt to call them. I have used a number of independents with great success. Some of these guys have small 2 car trailers and some have elaborate modern equipment. Good luck.

11. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Thank you. Central Dispatch looks like a great option - but I don't know anyone with access. And, their free month sign up is only for businesses. I will try the Mecum angle as well. Really need the car picked up within the next 3-4 weeks though.

12. tamiami

tamiami Karting

Mar 14, 2007
    I’ve run a search for car transporters and just picked one that had an area code close to home or where the cars were going. They could have their own fleet or be a listing service for the drivers or both. Either way there are more options, a better chance for scheduling, and finding what you need after talking to them.

13. frached

frached Rookie

May 20, 2017
    Tampa
    Full Name:
    Fares Rached

You can try looking online, there may be a consumer version of Central Dispatch. Just make sure you thoroughly check out any potential transporters. There is also a broker called Ready Auto Transport.

14. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I was going to recommend Exotic Car Transport, as they were based in Orlando; but it appears they have closed.

Does anyone know what happened?

15. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Just hired Passport Transport. They were the only ones who were willing to sign up for door to door in the time frame I need. Cost was a few hundred more than what the brokers were offering, but I feel better working with the company that owns the haulers. Anyone have experience with them?

energy88 and GuyIncognito like this.
  16. Roadney

Roadney Karting

Shaughnessy Overland Express is based out of Naples - only speaking for my experience OH to FL: the price was fair; the driver stayed in contact with me from pickup to delivery; and they were EARLY woke me up at 3am.

Michael Kulisz likes this.
  17. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Car was delivered yesterday. Driver Gary - once assigned the load - was a great communicator and delivered without issue. Scheduling the pickup was not as stellar a process. I had to call repeatedly to get any information ahead of time as to when it might ship. They did get the job done in my (wide) time window though.

Posed picture of the pickup in WI (she did not actually load it)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

energy88 likes this.
  18. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
  19. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
  20. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Oops.

I had the wrong Savage.

Try:
    SAVAGE AUTO TRANSPORT
    20539 MOCKINGBIRD AVE
    APPLE VALLEY, CA, 92308
    310-403-6603

21. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    Who did you end up using?

22. Michael Kulisz

Oct 21, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike Kulisz
    IMHO the best in the business. Have used them for years (probably 50+ times) and have never once had a bad experience. Amazing people, and the owners are incredibly generous.

23. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Passport Transport - out of Missouri. they did as nice of a job as Intercity has done for me in the past. Just a little tough getting a pickup date due to heavy snowbird demand