812 Spider | Page 56 | FerrariChat

812 Spider

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by MalibuGuy, Sep 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    Please keep us posted!

2. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Let us know how you are thinking of spec please!
    I am torn between different Grigio colors (GTS, Titanio, Coburn), Verde Zeltweg, and Rosso Fiorano.
    Ahhhhhhh!!!

of2worlds likes this.
  3. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    of2worlds, 635CSI, bwshihtzu and 7 others like this.
  4. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    For people that have used the configurator- are the seat options the same as for the 812 ... racing seats etc?

Shack likes this.
  5. Maximus1977

Feb 13, 2016
    I have those in my 812... be carefull what you wish for, they offer great support but aren't suited for long drives....

6. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Wow, amazingly fast.. congrats and after my Pista TM appointment I will tell you that its a very intense, electric, and dizzying experience. I went in with one idea and left with a completely different one..

7. Maximus1977

Feb 13, 2016
    So the team is that good?
    I might take an appointment for my GTS to do tailermade as well.

JagShergill and Caeruleus11 like this.
  8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
  9. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Don't agree - they are really good. But then I like the fixed buckets in the Performante.

Best people decide on their own.

Bundy likes this.
  10. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    I prefer to sit IN race seats than ON electric seats, and find they are not only more comfortable but enhance the drive dynamic by providing a better driver/car interface, thus allowing one to much better feel the handling of the car through one's posterior!

11. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Thanks for your feedback on the seats, gents. For me it’s not an option... I don’t fit in the standard seats - I’m 6 4” and my head hits the roof. I need the race seats which have less padding...! Just another tall tax! ;)

12. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    I’m only 5’9” tall and my head nearly grazes the roof on the FF. Long torso & stubby legs, I guess. Unfortunately, race seats weren’t an option on the FF, but I have ordered Goldrake seats on every other Ferrari for the same reason as you. The race seats look more appropriate to my eyes, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. unotaz

unotaz Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I'm torn between the regular seats and the racing seat. I have them on my Speciale and TDF, which suits those cars very well. But the 812 GTS is a GT cruiser. Maybe I should go for the standard electric seats for more comfort? What do you guys think?

I will be honest, the racing seats in the Ferrari doesn't hold you in like the ones offered in the Porsche. I was driving the Pista in the Corso Pilota program a few weeks ago and I was thrown around quite a bit in those racing seats.

14. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Yes, they are the same.

15. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think the new electric comfort seats are a big step ahead of those that used to come in models like the FF and 458. They hold you almost as well as the race seats, but are very very comfortable. They are also likely considerably heavier than the race seats, but does that really matter in a (guess for the GTS) ~4,o00lb vehicle with 800hp?! Probably not. I used to only order the race seats, but the standard seats have become so good, I would only order the race seats on a special model like the Pista or TDF or if I was absolutely sure I wanted them.

Btw- the Tailor Made team and process is phenomenal and you will love it! I suggest coming up with ideas, even if its a theme or two. If you see pictures of things you like, take them with you or even better is give them to your dealer prior to your visit and this way they can be prepared for you. It helps to give them some kind of idea as to what you are looking for. The time will fly while you are there and make sure to eat at Montana!

stavura, JagShergill, uhn2000 and 6 others like this.
  16. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Great advice all around, Jerry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  17. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    The one big advantage of the electric seats is the ability to heat the seat with the top down- perfect for those fall and spring cool day drives- and for a GT more than ample support
    As for the tall ones out there hitting their noggins on the roof (I am 6’2”)- just keep the top down

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11 and PhilNotHill like this.
  18. hs355

hs355 Karting

Feb 1, 2014
    I would consider the gain of space (length) by using the racing seats.
    I sat in both GTS (grey with standard seats and red with racing seats).
    In the grey one I felt like a a sardine in a tin - even with the seat fully moved back (I wasn’t even able to stretch my left leg) and in the red one I felt much more comfortable due to the ca. 3-5 cm more space.
    I have (only) 187 cm and usually have no problems sitting in any Ferrari (the only one with similar “problems “ is my Superamerica...)
    So for me no question of look or feel - just a question of comfort, due to the racing seats.
    Furthermore - I have done more than 20.000 km in different racing seats (458, 812) and cannot confirm that they are “too stiff”
    Just my 2 cents....

Caeruleus11 and Bundy like this.
  19. khal360

khal360 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2005
    Hi all. What countries are booking atelier or tailor made visits? In North America there is little to no info on the car at this time.

20. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Depends on the "look" you are going for. The GTS in Rosso 70th anni (see above pic) is more of a "race" look than in say TDF, Various greys etc. Race seats seem to work better in this respect IMO

21. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    I am a UK client have Atelier for GTS end Nov, car would be H2 2020 at best

JagShergill and of2worlds like this.
  22. khal360

khal360 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2005
    Please keep us posted and have fun!

23. Maximus1977

Feb 13, 2016
    Great advice indeed. As much as I love the recent racing seats, doing 3hour+ highway drives does make me want to go with the comfort seats. Especially in a cruiser like the GTS. In a 'sporter' model like my Pista I want my racing seats to be hard as nails!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  24. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    What are your thoughts on launch colour (Grigio GTS) with maroon red coloured racing seats... hard to resell??

25. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Not at all..silver/red is a classic color combo, especially for V12 cars.
    I am toying with GTS or Titanio over Bordeaux myself.

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.