P1571 on a 360 spider | FerrariChat

P1571 on a 360 spider

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by m302ho, Oct 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. m302ho

m302ho Rookie

Oct 1, 2019
    Québec
    Full Name:
    Stéphane Langlais
    Hi, I have a 360 spider 2002. I replace spark plug, valve cover gasket and power steering pump. After all this, the engine run on 4 cylinder's.

The only fault code I have is P1571 immobilizer (b1) active in the right engine motronic. I use a autel scan tool.

I check all wire, check fuse, the key forb works, the engine start, but run rought.

Any idea?

2. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

each time you forgot to press the fob to fail to start the car, the error would log. So its not really a thing u need to fix.

3. m302ho

m302ho Rookie

Oct 1, 2019
    Québec
    Full Name:
    Stéphane Langlais
    Yes you right, but yesterday I only have this code.

This morning new fault code and I make a check with a laser temp meter. I only have the 2 front cylinder work's in both side. No wrong noise, only big back fire at idle.
    The new code is:
    Left motronic
    P1427 canister purge valve (I don't think so)
    P1104 air flow meter, I interchange the 2 meter and the code still the same side
    P0051 and P0057 O2 sensor heater s1 and s2
    Right motronic
    P0116 water temp sensor plausibility

I start to recheck all wiring, connector and spark plug.

4. radlu

radlu Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2005
    He's running on 4 cyl

5. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    He knows. 24000 rpm said "So its not really a thing u need to fix." He was just saying the code had nothing to do with his problem.

So cylinders 3, 4, 5 & 6 are inoperative?

Are you 100% sure you put the spark plugs in the right positions?

6. m302ho

m302ho Rookie

Oct 1, 2019
    Québec
    Full Name:
    Stéphane Langlais
    Yes the spark plug fit is ok. I try move the spark plug and coils. The same 4 cylinder's don't work's. So is not a spark plug or ignition coil trouble. Next check the injector and leak down test.

7. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo

Take a step back and think about this. It’s not 4/8 injectors so bad the cat isn’t running.

So car was running fine before you did the work? If you answer yes, then it’s something you did or inadvertently touched/broke/disconnected during the work.

So you are running on cylinders 1,2 & 7,8. How do u know this?

Did you happen to change the timing belts also??

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Qavion likes this.
  8. m302ho

m302ho Rookie

Oct 1, 2019
    Québec
    Full Name:
    Stéphane Langlais
    Hi, just for close the topic properly, the car run fine at start. I replace a lot of parts, timing belt, power steering pump, valve cover gasket, cam plug, water pump anD more.

I know I have 4 cylindre fine, 2 on both side. Easy check with a laser temp reader.

Make a lot of check and find the trouble and find the cause. On both side, 2 ingnition coil wiring is inverte. Somebody at the shop take a look at the spark plug and made a mistake when is connect the coil.

Stupid trouble and not easy to find, at the begining I stick a number on the wire to make sure everything is ok. When I connect the wire's, I remove the sticker. I never think somebody disconnect the coil and connect back wrong place.