Window Sticker? | FerrariChat

Window Sticker?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by logansc, Sep 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. logansc

logansc Rookie

May 3, 2017
    New to Ferrari; keep seeing questions on the availability of the "window sticker" on sales ads this Forum. Don't usually see that question on other exotic car forums (or at least, not as much). Wondering what the significance of the question is, please?

2. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    It's a fad for stupid people, I'm not sorry to those who are offended.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3. Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer Formula Junior

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    Simply the window sticker shows how the car was originally optioned, along with the original list price. It's a nice little thing to have if you are one of those folks that want every little detail of a vehicle and its history. Did my car originally come with the ball-polished challenge wheels? No way to know.

Not sure if there is a way to get the same info from Ferrari themselves.

4. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    Isn't that all on the plaque

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Older cars didn’t have an option plaque.
    There are threads on the 360/430 forum where folks have templates to create a window sticker if that’s your thing.

My.ferrari.com, once your car is registered with them, has a list of options that came with the car. I found that my car was spec’d with yellow calipers and some time in the past an owner changed them to red. It also had the ball polished wheels but has silver OEM wheels now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

6. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Lots of owners are fastidious about acquiring and maintaining documentation and memorabilia on their exotic car. I turn my office chair around every now and then to remind myself of how fortunate I am to own such a magnificent machine (framed window sticker, certificate of origin, serial numbered lithograph). The CF box and scale model of my car are likewise displayed on my desk. Such attention to detail usually reflects pride of ownership and the manner in which a person cares for their possessions.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

logansc, Bob in Texas and Dean Palmer like this.
  7. Reacherman1022

Reacherman1022 Karting

Dec 13, 2016
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Jack Reacher
    It’s technically called a Monroney, after the gentleman that designed the first one I believe.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Wikipedia

Monroney sticker

The Monroney sticker or window sticker is a label required in the United States to be displayed in all new automobiles and includes the listing of certain official information about the car. The window sticker was named after Almer Stillwell "Mike" Monroney, United States Senator from Oklahoma. Monroney sponsored the Automobile Information Disclosure Act of 1958, which mandated the disclosure of equipment and pricing information on new automobiles.

9. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    All it is, is a nice little touch to add to one's documentation. A lot of buyers ask if the window sticker is with the car.

10. logansc

logansc Rookie

May 3, 2017
    Great replies everyone! Interesting information, thanks!

11. Dean Palmer

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    I'm registered with My.Ferrari and while both my cars show, current 430 and past 360, there is no posted detail that lets me see how the car arrived. Anyone know if this is only for newer cars? Mine is a 2007 F430.

12. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    My 08 430 has all the details. Click around, it’s on one of the pages

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

13. Dean Palmer

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    Funny enough when logging in today, the "details" tab is now populated where it was not even last night when I checked again. Decent info but strange that the wheels were not specified.

Bob in Texas likes this.