Red Bull F1 | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Red Bull F1

Discussion in 'F1' started by NEP, Apr 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

That is your opinion.

2. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

That is your opinion.

3. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
  4. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I have not and will never watch Formula E, it is of zero interest to me. My flagging interest in the F1 hybrid era is bad enough.

daytona355, Jeronimo GTO and Bas like this.
  5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Why be Redbull half season driver when the world awaits you with fun racing opportunities. If true that seat was offered then it speaks poorly of what Redbull driver program is doing outside of Max. Also FA would not be inexpensive choice. Redbull are cheap lol

daytona355 likes this.
  6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  7. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I have zero interest also. Watched a bit. If I want to watch slow cars driving about I can watch F3. Or go karts.

Was meant to go karting at the weekend but turned out they where electric. Went to pub instead.

SimCity3 and daytona355 like this.
  8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    No, it is fact. Try doing a 300km race in a reasonable amount of time on a normal race track. It isn't possible.

No, it is fact. Formula E is free to air and run in the off season so can't be any other motorsport events that are getting in the way, and no one watches.

daytona355 likes this.
  9. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Always a wise choice, the Sidster would approve;).

daytona355, Jeronimo GTO and Bas like this.
  10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    They where had in his honour. :D:p

daytona355, Jeronimo GTO and 375+ like this.
  11. VPX

VPX Karting

Jun 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Well, the Valkyrie have a AM engine. the Valhalla will have something like that too

daytona355 likes this.
  12. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Wrong. The Valkyrie engine is totally designed and produced by Cosworth. ;)

daytona355, VPX and william like this.
  13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    haven't got the money...+- a billion to develop an engine!

daytona355 likes this.
  14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

For a F1 hybrid power unit perhaps, but not for a NA V12 road car engine.

15. VPX

VPX Karting

Jun 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Never paid attention in that. Thanks!

daytona355 likes this.
  16. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

They have to build up his confidence, and know max won’t give a damn what’s said, he won’t change his approach. I’m not so sure about albon, it depends if Maxine starts handing out hidings at the more intricate tracks or in adverse conditions, that’s where he seems to excel (given the equipment) and others struggle. Albon is good, but I wouldn’t say I’ve seen greatness as yet

stavura, Bas, DF1 and 1 other person like this.
  17. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I think Max will push Albon around on the track, to put him in his place. Horner will have his hands full, just like Toto with Ham and Nico.

18. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    From memory the first v12 was a Ford derivative. Blocks were cast in bridgenorth. I think AM V8s are from MB.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

william likes this.
  19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Agree. Albon will be a LOT closer to Max than Gasly ever was. Doesn't sound like much of an achievement but I think Albon will be within ~3 tenths or so in qualifying and will finish much closer to him in races.

Will be interesting to see how he'll compare on an equal weekend, obviously last weekend and now Monza will have asterisks due to penalties.

stavura likes this.
  20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    #371 william, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019

Correct.
    The V12 was 2 Ford Mondeo V6gines encobbled together; not a work of art, but an expedient solution.
    I think that in future Aston Martin will rationalise its production and introduce more Mercedes components like platforms, electronics, etc ...
    Mercedes owns 15% of AM stock, the Arabs the rest.

21. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Nice to have Jost making the scene again LOL :) Fun in the Red Bull garage with him implying Max is not happy lol! - https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/146335/verstappen-red-bull-must-change-to-avoid-wasting-20

Jos Verstappen: Red Bull must change to avoid wasting '20 title bid

Max Verstappen's father Jos has urged Red Bull to make changes at the team to avoid another "lost year" in 2020.

On the back of a frustrating second half to this season, the former grand prix driver has hinted at impatience from himself and his son about the lack of progress being made.

In an interview on Monday night on Dutch show Peptalk, Verstappen said he was 'concerned' by Red Bull's failure to move forward.

"The expectation was that we would close the gap this year, but it doesn't look like that yet," he said.

"We have to work hard and the team has to change things to close the gap, otherwise next season will be a lost year as well.

"Everyone is building a new car for the new season, but we've now had a year to close the gap with this car and we haven't come any closer.

"So why should we be able to close that gap next year?

"I'm concerned about that and the team really needs to make some changes in order to be able to fight for the championship.

"When I look at the last few races, we're half a second short [for Japan].

"Of course they try to do everything they can to close the gap, but you can't close a gap of half a second in two weeks' time."

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Verstappen said he had also noticed that son Max was showing his own signs of frustration about matters.

"Max can't do much about it at the moment, as we depend on the team," he added.

"We're a little behind with the car, we're a little behind with the engine. We need to work harder on those two things if we want to be able to go for the championship next year.

"You could see it in the last two races when he got out of the car and did the interviews. Then you'll notice the frustration with Max as well.

"He does everything he can, but this is not up to Max. That's what makes it so difficult.

"Put him in a good car and he will challenge for the championship. We've been at Red Bull for a couple of years now and it doesn't look like we'll be able to compete for the world championship next year."

Verstappen is locked in to a Red Bull contract for next year, but rival teams will be aware that he could be open to a move in 2021 if his current team does not improve.

22. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Good luck! Max won't be 2nd banana to anyone.

23. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

We've managed to miss two FE events so far despite being in the host city on same weekend. Same will probably happen in London next year when the track is right outside one of our offices.

The whole EV battery credentials is a bit concerning quite frankly. Regular fatalities happen when mining for cobalt for instance and the mining companies try to keep it quiet. The entire process is not exactly "green" either.
    It seems lazy Governments have been hoodwinked by powerful companies, while citizens are tripping over Tesla cables strewn across pavements.

daytona355, Bas and 375+ like this.
  24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    exactly that.

But hey it doesn't suit the current narrative and end users keep ignoring the ''it's not exactly green'' bit, shrug their shoulders and say it's clean...where they use it.

How very naive of them. Hypocrites the lot of them.

daytona355 likes this.