Testarossa Price Trends | Page 130 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. C1C7M

C1C7M Karting

Jun 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Chris
    You also failed with your ‘call’ on the gold TR on BaT last month, stating authoritatively “won’t crack 115-120 tomorrow. Market flat”. And you were spectacularly wrong. The car sold for $153k, which is ~30% more. Then, rather hilariously, you proceeded to plead with the bidder, insinuating that he’d made a mistake. He promptly and unequivocally corrected you.

A broken clock is right twice a day.

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

#3228 Natkingcolebasket69, Oct 2, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    Ah here comes one of the delusional hater that thinks the black TR is worth 205k... didn’t
    U say u would buy it at that price gladly?
    I think that most of us got the gold tr wrong. I was happily surprised and wrong, not the only one. If u want to make this a rule that’s great...
    Again u can check all u want but most of the prices I have documented and called correctly.
    U can also check how I called the black 512tr from fantasy junction or the one from autosport ...correctly called and many others... I guess u are bitter that ur car is not worth what u paid for in this current market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary Sandberg likes this.
  3. Gary Sandberg

Gary Sandberg Formula Junior

There will always be hills and valleys, but the market is essentially flat.

4. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I’m not so surprised by the $115k BaT TR ($110K plus premium). I don’t think you get much premium between 6k and 20k miles. And My guess is most people saw that car as a “major needed” purchase because they really only have one year and its already winter.

It did have luggage, but I’m not so sure how much that helps. Maybe $2k? Definitely not $5k because the luggage can be bought for $5k all day long.

I’d say that $110k car was well bought but not the deal of the century by any means. It still had ugly red carpet. At most $3-5k below what you would expect: statistically insignificant would be my guess, but I don’t have the data to check Nat’s standard deviation

C1C7M likes this.
  5. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    You can love him or hate him.....but there is NO one on this forum who has more accurately predicted the actual selling price of most TR's over these past couple of years than Nat.
    And, yes, the gold one was a complete outlier. Not many "comps" on a low mile gold TR

sixcarbs, Shamile, xplodee and 2 others like this.
  6. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    theres alot of buzz with market gonna drop etc if that happens than properties and especailly exotic cars toys will drop

Natkingcolebasket69 and Parnelli like this.
  7. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    for a buyer to spend 115k thats strong money i dont see it that flat market is holding for now

xplodee likes this.
  8. Natkingcolebasket69

Haha as long as my wife still loves me; I’m good;)

9. Gary Sandberg

Gary Sandberg Formula Junior

I whole-heartedly agree. September has been a very volatile month after many months of uncertaintly in the stock market and the high-end cars have also suffered at the auctions. So, if I had descretionary funds laying around, I would most definitely hold off and see what comes up. How does the saying go: "Sell in May, then go away".

10. Natkingcolebasket69

A 9k car with luggage is the new normal then because I guarantee u check 3 years ago this 140 all day!

11. Natkingcolebasket69

Very true!

12. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    if the market drops cash is king

13. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    still the tr is the best exotic and a classic to buy now adays ,such an amazing vehicle .if your in the market find the cleanest example with records and if luggage a plus

14. Natkingcolebasket69

We all agree with u. To me it’s the best car out there and eventually will go up but ...not just yet;) Hold on to your classiche car;)

15. C1C7M

C1C7M Karting

Jun 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Chris
    You also stated, authoritatively: “A good tr is still 90-100 and low miles 120-25 for the very rare ones.” Two sold at auction this year for $220k and $221k, respectively. Again, you were spectacularly wrong—off by a whopping 75% on both of them. Then there’s the blue one from this year that sold for $165k—you’re off by 30%. I already mentioned the gold one from a month ago where you were off by 30%. It turns out “very rare ones” aren’t “very rare” after all, and that your track record isn’t any better than a recurring coin flip.

Asset valuation is quite complex to construct and the results often unpredictable. Wouldn’t you agree?

16. C1C7M

C1C7M Karting

Jun 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Chris
    There’s no love or hate here. He makes it personal, for obvious reasons. I present cold hard facts.

BOKE likes this.
  17. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    yes i agree nothing is gonna go up at this time.there still a great buy find the best one while inventory is good,im keeping mine love the car even dont drive it much still love seeing it in my garage.hope u find what the right tr for you

Gary Sandberg likes this.
  18. C1C7M

C1C7M Karting

Jun 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Chris
    This is a well reasoned and sensible take on this sale.

Shamile, xplodee and blkdiablo33 like this.
  19. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    if you want a low mile tr no story with records ,tools,luggage,covers etc will be 110/160s ,color ,miles,records is what brings it over the 110 k mark

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  20. Natkingcolebasket69

No I don’t; u do. Again do u want me to share the value of over 100 sales? The median price is around 100k including those high priced one u mentioned. U don’t say much when I showed u those last time. Looking forward to ur purchase at 200k of the black one

21. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Sorry dude, but your facts are simply not representative of the overall TR market.
    Please disclose the miles on the $220K and $221K TR's (I know them....but I'll let u inform the forum of that info).

Please, no "outliers". Just like anything, throw out the bottom 10% and throw out the top 10% of trades and you have a much better reality of the true market (this can refer to cars, houses, jewelry, art, real estate, etc).

22. Natkingcolebasket69

An average tr with 20-30 k miles sale across 100k it’s an absolute fact. Funny you forgot to quote that& what also funny is that the tr which just sold at 115 falls exactly in the 125k category I mentioned : sub 10k and bagage.
    As u said 2 sold at ur prices; u choose to see things the way that pleases u that’s fine. I look at the market with tangible holistic sales
    U want me to show u the sales again? Can u please share with us a comprehensive list of car sold and their median price. I can share that with u if I don’t have it and my list included ur 2 cars Btw&the gold one. Those early Cars on January definitely were well sold no doubt; were they worth Twice the one which just sold? Likely not that’s why if u look holistically the numbers are what they are. In the end if u want to spend 200k on a TR u can; up to u. Merlin autogroup has 2 for u which have been for sale for 2 years ;)
    Btw how much did u pay for ur car, maybe could explain ur anger and tone?;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

sixcarbs likes this.
  23. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    this thread never goes away lol

24. Natkingcolebasket69

Im glad we agree;) we always do;)

Shamile and blkdiablo33 like this.