Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 100 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Today's F1 cars weigh about 850 kilos, fully loaded. Back in 2004 they weighed 630 kilos. Are today's F1 cars less worthy?

The design is 100% Ferrari btw.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  2. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Steering wheel needs more buttons

Solid State likes this.
  3. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George

Why don’t we reserve judgement until someone finally tests it and also weighs it. Ferrari quote 1600kg dry, so the figure of 1886kg implies that Ferrari is lying to its customers. If it is not, then the weight with fluids will be below 1700kg, as the car only has a 65 liter fuel tank and it doesn’t carry 200kg of oil/water.

Nevertheless, the Porsche 918 is 1675kg official weight and yes it is a sports car, one of the best I’ve seen. The SF90 is half a second faster than the 918 0-200km/h and the extra power is not enough to overcome a 200kg weight deficit (according to you), which also makes me question the statement that the car weighs 1886kg.

If you go back a few years, the F40 weighed 400kg less than a Pista today. Are they both sports cars? You bet

I do not like the noise, but we better get used to it, as all supercars are going to be muffled by turbos and GPF going forward.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

4. garak

garak Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2010
    Florida/Arizona
    The SF90 is faster around the Fiorano track than a LaFerrari. Tell me how you think that is not a proper sports car? Plus, I would bet that with the 4 wheel drive and torque vectoring, it feels like the car has tons of grip.

Noise: Completely subjective. Plus, noise is overrated IMO. It doesn't affect the performance of the car at all. Don't get me wrong, I like the sound of a high revving engine (I own a 458), but these aren't sound machines, they are performance cars. It's about how they drive.

Design: Also completely subjective. Ferrari has produced some beautiful cars and also plenty of cars that I think have missed the mark. So you may not like the SF90, but it still looks like a proper Ferrari.

Caeruleus11 and Dela like this.
  5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I'm sorry, and with all due respect. But that's absolute nonsense.

What exactly makes you an expert on what's a proper car for an "enthusiast" is, and what defines a proper enthusiast? Is an enthusiast an owner that takes just as much pleasure in hammering his Pista, SF90 and GT3RS around the Ring as much as he does taking his 250GTE out for a spin a few times a month including tracks, and the rest of the time runs in some of the various race series including the Challenge? Or is a proper enthusiast someone who only drives mid 1970's and early 2000's cars and don't do much else than taking them for a few easy spins around the B roads a few times each summer. And the rest of the time spends their time wiping the paint thin with a diaper while telling themselves how "pure" an enthusiast they are? I know who I think is the more pure enthusiast.

The SF90 will be a great enthusiasts car in the right hands, that I am quite sure of. How the car is used and what the car is capable of, along with the passion the creators put into it, that's what define the car and the enthusiasm associated with it.

I think it's absolutely laughable when people claim to be "real" enthusiasts just because they have a crunching lever in the hand, carbs that leak and a loud exhaust. How you use the cars, live with the cars and take care of the care, is what defines enthusiasm. I've seen 458 owners take care of their cars and use them in a way that will put some of the 275GTS owners etc. to shame in the enthusiasm department.

Lastly as for loud cars? I'm quite sure the SF90 will actually be one of those cars that will NOT have any issues on the track due to SPL. That cannot be said for the average Tubi equipped Enzo, 512TR or 360CS, can it? Have you ever heard how loud an F430 with AP headers is? No track will allow it. So much for calling the SF90 "too loud for tracks". That's probably the last thing it is.

Senshi458 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  6. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
  7. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    And what if I tell you that older F1 cars would be much faster than the ones today?! If you have faster laps than before if just because of one thing that makes all the diference.... tires!
    Put modern tires in old F1's (630kh to 900ps) and we will see who is fast ; )

8. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I tend to agree with what you say; the V10s were beasts. Still, today's F1 cars are worthy race cars and the fastest thing round a circuit.

9. graeme355

graeme355 Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2004
    But are they as
    But are they as exiting to watch and listen to?

10. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    @noone1 as you've recently just came off a temporary ban for a different infraction, I see no reason to take additional action. However, please refrain from telling any of our members to "F" off.

I appreciate in advance your cooperation and I assume you will refrain from insulting other members such as @Ohanoune further.

Thanks

11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    maybe you should send him to the f.1 section for a week, he'll learn how to behave real quick :)

paulchua likes this.
  12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Unfortunately, many are starting to think @noone1 tenure here is precisely to agitate. It's a shame because many of his posts are excellent. I'm hoping some self-reflection on what the purpose of his participation occurs. Is it to anger multiple members? Mission accomplished and not sustainable.

stavura, Dela, SoCal to az and 3 others like this.
  13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    You hit the nail in the head Paul, i just hope f.1 mods start thinking that way a bit more. ;)

paulchua likes this.
  14. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
  15. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
  16. gto85

gto85 Rookie

Mar 19, 2018
    Formigine, Modena
    Full Name:
    Gabriel
    one far day when no new generation cares about sound of cars.

of2worlds likes this.
  17. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Blame the law, not the car.

tickerhound and Ohanoune like this.
  18. gto85

gto85 Rookie

Mar 19, 2018
    Formigine, Modena
    Full Name:
    Gabriel
    no need for blame, maybe is how world goes I don't know, after all we cared for horse before horsepower.

19. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    No, blame those people who voted for the people that invented these new laws!

Marcel Massini

20. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    love love love those wheels..

Who of you can grab an SF90 choose those!

21. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I like the wheel design but generally dislike diamond cut (on any wheel).

Silver shows off the shape better in my opinion.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

isot, Maggio23 and Griffon83 like this.
  22. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Pretty much all politicians favour such policies nowadays.

23. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Just because the real weight of a real sportscar is not 1886 kg !!! it so heavy, really heavy...

tekaefixe likes this.