What would you guys pay for this close to new F12? | FerrariChat

What would you guys pay for this close to new F12?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by 96redLT4, Oct 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
  2. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    I am always baffled by such offers... Why would somebody pull the trigger on a MSRP ~400KUSD car to drive it only 300 miles, then sell it for a 100KUSD less... where is the catch? Either you are a flipper/investor, focusing on LE cars with a potential for gains, or you are a F-car fanatic and you buy the car to use it. Maybe not use it a lot, but more than 150 miles per year... In this case it looks to me that the previous owner chose the worst of both worlds. High depreciation and no usage whatsoever. If it were me, I would need to have a very convincing story about the previous owner and his decision process to gain enough trust in this purchase. Nonetheless, it does look like an absolutely pristine car, so I see the appeal.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    TheF12 that is being auctioned off warranty has been suspended. Most likely it was never activated by the dealership who sold the car in the first place. It will expire soon and is usually a pretty easy fix but the original selling dealer would have to submit corrected paperwork to the factory to get the warranty in good standing or for warranty claims to be to be honored. If that can be corrected the factory warranty would good through

There are a lot of F12's available now and I think you would be better off purchasing one with a few more miles, more options and save the money on the purchase price. You may be able to find one with factory warranty left, one with an extended bumper to bumper warranty or purchase a certified pre-owned example and get 2 years of New Power Warranty. A ton of F12's were made and I do not see ultra-low mileage F12's being sought after down the road. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

4. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    I looked at this car too. The estimated auction price of over $300k is not something I can afford so I didn't follow through. My guess is this car goes for $275k-$285k.

5. Raydog9379

Raydog9379 Karting

Jan 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Looks fairly light on options too.

6. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    The F12 is a standard production car, not a numbered collectible rare Ferrari.
    As such, you should buy an F12 with the intent of enjoying the car, and driving the car.
    I think you will be best served by purchasing a car with more "normal" miles on it (~2000-4000/year), and one that has been correctly maintained.
    You will pay less and likely have a well-sorted car to enjoy for years.
    My .02

7. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Thanks for the great feedback so far guys! I really do love the lines on the F12 and this one is probably as near to new as possible. I hate to not know the prior owner though and get a feel for how the car was used. Make that not used in this case.

J

8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Best feedback you can get right here...

9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    last week an 1,170 mile 2017 f12 went for $230K and the Pennsylvania manheim auction fwiw.

BOKE likes this.
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Very wisely said!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    They are crazy. it won't fetch that kind of price.

You could get an 812 for not significantly more

ScottS likes this.