Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 101 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    A Ferrari s enthusiast buy a mechanical engine, not an electric engine near of a pizza with meters of cables
    He s also buying a mechanical sound wich the origins remind the race, not an artificial sound
    And, i m thinking he likes equally a light weight for his magical feed back...

tekaefixe, Shack and of2worlds like this.
  2. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    They favor these policies because they get votes and they get votes due to a vastly uniformed public who support such notions just so they can feel good about themselves on a daily basis.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

graeme355 likes this.
  3. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    It s the child of the Europeans norms, and actually Ferrari is just becoming a product ! It s just a business, i don t see passion nowadays, sorry...

4. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    For me, such a weight don t define a sportscar. it s too hevy and you lost the feed back.It s my opinion. Power is just a joke, how is it possible to use it on open roads !??? I prefer a lighter car less powerful.
    Put the SF 90 on the balance, and you could see the real weight, and not the marketing weight.

tekaefixe and of2worlds like this.
  5. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    a bunch of cynical politicians pandering to a wave of climate "hysteria" by making demands at huge cost for little real benefit. Except to perhaps maintain their cozy spot at the public trough. ;)

day355, jpalmito, Shack and 2 others like this.
  6. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Sorry, but this kind of thinking is obsolete.
    According to Pierro, Enzo would have loved hybrids if they made his cars faster. That sounds about right, the Old Man was all about power!!!

Rest assured that the Stradale will murder any other Ferrari, except for the LaFerrari.

Boomhauer and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Again, nonsense and projections.

A Ferrari enthusiast enjoy the cars and the Ferrari life. That means driving first and foremost along with participating in what is available of events etc. Using the cars, racing in Challenge and participating in the Classiche events, Corse Pilota and all the rest of it, By your logic, someone that is a member of the FXX-K program is less of an enthusiast than someone who drives his gated 360 occasionally but has no desire to go further.
    And that whole idea of "you can't use the power" is fairly subjective, not to mention outdated. Fact is that we as humans and drivers evolve with the power. If what you say was true, we would be stuck decades back when this was first said.

What I really think speaks against you as a Ferrari enthusiast, is the fact that you truly refuse to evolve with the marque and the automotive technology available within Ferrari. It seems like all you are thinking of is what used to be and that's how it should be. That's not what Ferrari is about, and it was most certainly not what Enzo himself was about. I suspect that you would be quite happy as a Lotus owner though.

Boomhauer, 355TDI, Lukeylikey and 2 others like this.
  8. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    A bit rough IMO. day355 has some very valid points. I kinda agree with the weight argument and the mechanical argument and have said that once Ferrari goes all electric - I am out, as it comes another appliance controlled by software. Plenty enthusiasts feel the same way IMO and Ferrari need to consider their market before using "automotive technology" like every other manufacturer - look a Porsche - Taycan is an abomination.

Case in point - I was at Frankfurt motor show and every manufacturer rolled out their EV cr*p. All the same stuff wrapped in a different skin. Incredibly boring and a future many of us wouldn't pay for in sport motoring.

day355 is right in many aspects of the discussion

jpalmito and of2worlds like this.
  9. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting
    BANNED

Sep 29, 2016
    Paris/ Milan/ Dubai
    #2509 Ohanoune, Oct 4, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    Taycan is an abomination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why u think so, oh no, I love it, it's a master-peace! BTW there is a very strong demand for the car, Porsche has received more than 32,000 applications for the Taycan! The future is all electric, the Q is how to do it right! And if Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche haven't fill the gab SOON others will do.

10. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I was one of those 32,000 “registrations of interest” - a fully refundable AUD$2,700 is an inconsequential commitment and is not anything like an actual deposit.

I would not call the production model an abomination, but it fell well short of the vision portrayed by its prototype. I will probably not go through with the final order - still undecided - but I’m finding it hard to love it like I do my current ICE cars

of2worlds and Ohanoune like this.
  11. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting
    BANNED

Sep 29, 2016
    Paris/ Milan/ Dubai
    It's a very beautfil car, a perfect daily-driver supercar (COMFORT AND SILENT) ;););)

12. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    So you’re buying one?

Data, Ohanoune and stavura like this.
  13. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Likewise and I bailed. To me its an abomination in the sense that with all Porsches ability all they could come up with is this massive compromise. They have taken their eye off the ball on this one and will pay dearly

4_Eff_Sake likes this.
  14. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    All I see is people stuck in their old ways. They Taycan is a great accomplishment, no matter how you slice it. As for Ferraris, no one said anything about pure electric propulsion. A hybrid though is the best of both world, as demonstrated by the LaFerrari (even though that one sits on the top automotive tier, technology trickles down).

Boomhauer and F142George like this.
  15. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    so how would you like to define the upcoming\rumoured new 1000 hp 10500 rpm v12 car? will it be a true enthusiast car or another marketing exercise(?) like the sf90?

jpalmito likes this.
  16. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Which car would that be?

17. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    Discussions about Porsche and a 'new car' in their line up.....
    Hmmmm...
    Let's go back in time right before the Cayenne was introduced and restart the discussion!

Lukeylikey likes this.
  18. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Where is Ferr9000 when we need him? Can we reach him on the bat phone?

of2worlds and jpalmito like this.
  19. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I just cannot love the stripe. Especially the front piece.

John

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

of2worlds and Thecadster like this.
  20. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting
    BANNED

Sep 29, 2016
    Paris/ Milan/ Dubai
    A blue one.

4_Eff_Sake likes this.
  21. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Is that a new Ferrari or something else? If it is a Ferrari it will most likely be 6 times the cost of the SF90, so not much to compare...! A 1000hp V12 with a 10500 rev limiter would be my dream of dreams, but it will be one hell of a pricey machine

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

22. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    According to some, this car ( rear mid engine V12 ) will replace the 812 superfast.

gzachary and Ohanoune like this.
  23. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I hope they hurry up and take my money....