2015 FF at Ferrari New England Opinions Please | Page 3 | FerrariChat

2015 FF at Ferrari New England Opinions Please

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by andyrichter, Oct 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I have one for sale at f or Silicon Valley. RM triple layer on beige so different look. My wife’s car so driven light and we bought new...one owner w extended warranty Just saying ;)

2. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    That is a gorgeous car -- looked at it just to see what RM stands for ; ) -- somewhat ironic that Ferrari of Silicon Valley -- of all places -- has such an awful website and the pictures are low resolution and pixelated.

RamsHmb likes this.
  3. andyrichter

andyrichter Karting

Jul 18, 2017
    Oahu
    The pano in other cars often have a retractable cover over them to cut heat, but are hot without the shade.

Maybe the FF and Lusso have some special tint to significantly reduce heat? I believe I read the Lusso has an electrically charged roof that can change the clear to shaded.

I just won’t cut my hair for a year to develop the fullness of “ilovegt”.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  4. andyrichter

andyrichter Karting

Jul 18, 2017
    Oahu
    Thanks for letting me know. Is the vehicle on consignment or already dealer owned?

5. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/gtclusso-panoramic-roof-hot-in-sunny-weather.578369/

6. andyrichter

andyrichter Karting

Jul 18, 2017
    Oahu
    Thank you very much Surfah. Your post may not mean a lot to you, but just a single post like this can sway my entire decision on pano roof or not. Thank you again brother.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  7. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Anytime brother. Good luck with your search.

8. andyrichter

andyrichter Karting

Jul 18, 2017
    Oahu
    Thanks. If I make a wrong decision based on your posts, I will also be blaming you haha....I kid....I kid.

Natkingcolebasket69 and Surfah like this.
  9. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    The FF and GTC4 Pano roof does not change color, is not electrically charged. I believe the 612 had a pano roof with the electrically charged feature. However, the FF/GTC4 Panno roof is tinted/ coated with a heat reflecting glass. I can tell you it works as I had my car in areas this past summer where the outside temp was 100+ F and the interior of the car was fine- even getting into it after it sat in a parking lot for hours- it was hot inside, like any car, but none of us thought the car was hotter due to the roof. I am sure having more light enter the cabin makes a difference, but I think its not as big a difference as many think and the technology they are using to keep heat out really does work. I like the greater sense of light and brightness the roof provides, even in the driver seat, the interior seems better lit up. Rear passengers always say how airy the interior feels.

The 2014 Rosso Maranello FF at FoSV (also on Beverly Hills website) is really beautiful.

Anthony James, LeoBRK and andyrichter like this.
  10. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    I'm fairly certain I read somewhere the pano on FF/GTC4 is slightly electrochromatic. It certainly works fine for most places, just not locations like Arizona.

11. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I remember reading about how Ferrari decided to skip the electrochroamatic type roof from the 612 due to the complexity and cost and they felt this works better. I really don't think it would be a huge issue even in Arizona. Its quite good!

andyrichter likes this.
  12. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    You don't live year round in either Arizona or Hawaii, so you can't really say that IMO.

andyrichter likes this.
  13. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    True But I spent a week with the car sitting in the sun outdoor temps over 100 and not an issue. Seems to me the sun should work the same in Arizona or Hawaii as other locations.

14. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Well you own the car so I respect your opinion but when I visited Scottsdale the sun was absolutely brutal. I can't imagine what it's like to park a car outdoors in that heat for hours at a time in direct sunlight either with or without a pano roof.

15. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    It was brutal out. But we were all surprised that the interior of the car was not any hotter (very unscientific) than we expected. To be sure, the AC in the Lusso is not as effective at immediately cooling the car down as in a Mercedes or BMW, but it works pretty well once you are moving along. And the extra sunlight on our heads never felt like it was adding any heat.

16. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Consignment. I can give u the run down but it’s a great car. My wife is driving a new portofino or we would still have it!

17. andyrichter

andyrichter Karting

Jul 18, 2017
    Oahu
    Thanks for the offer. Nice car, but I am looking for a different spec.

I plan on having my 2 and 3 year old in the back. Is that possible in a Portofino?

18. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Boosters in the back of ff is harder than it looks. My kids wldnt go in the back and i used the front passanger seat with a Mercedes benz booster that had smart feature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11 and andyrichter like this.
  19. andyrichter

andyrichter Karting

Jul 18, 2017
    Oahu
    Thank you for the advice. I’m willing to crawl in there to put them in and out. I currently do it in a 911 without the aid of an auto forward front seat. I better do it now before my back gives out as I age. I’m still in minivan denial mode.

20. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Andy

Have you considered a panamera ..not a Ferrari but definitely better for families ??

Just a thought ..

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

andyrichter likes this.
  21. andyrichter

andyrichter Karting

Jul 18, 2017
    Oahu
    Thanks for the idea. I’ve had some in the past, but was hoping the FF would be a significantly sportier version of the panamera. Panamera and S class coupe are very nice, but I’m kind of wanting a V12. Too much German in my life right now.

22. andyrichter

andyrichter Karting

Jul 18, 2017
    Oahu
    I definitely appreciate the concern that 4 doors is nice with kids. I have another 4 door daily, so an FF would be nice. Stop talking me off the ledge...jk

23. andyrichter

andyrichter Karting

Jul 18, 2017
    Oahu
    You all are awesome btw. Very helpful, and I can tell I will enjoy being on the forum.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  24. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think it also depends on the ages of the children. I have teenagers and they jump right into the back of the car and say "lets go!" - they LOVE the car. My wife loves it too. Everyone loves Lady Lusso... I hope it works out for you!

25. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I put my car seats in mine. It’s tough but it works...but my wife is always Reminding me not to speed that I got kids in the back lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11 likes this.