Please help me find this interior panel clip | FerrariChat

Please help me find this interior panel clip

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by HX_Guy, Oct 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Karting

Jun 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Val B
    So, inevitably, while working on the interior of the Ferrari, I lost a clip. :(

In what I'm learning is traditionally Ferrari, they do odd things like change methods/parts on a whim therefore the dealership says that they dont even show this clip or mounting style in the parts catalog. The panel they have in house mounts in a completely different way than mine does.

Hoping this clip is possibly used in other areas of the car, or maybe another model altogether? Thanks for any help!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Karting

Jun 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Val B
    Found it!

I had a feeling the clip may have actually gotten pushed back into the body frame, as when I was messing with the driver side, it seemed very easy to push the clip back in and if not careful/aware, it could easily be done by mistake (if the push pin is not perfectly lined up with the center of the clip when pushing it in).

I ordered a magnet tool on Amazon a couple days ago and just went out to see...pulled the rubber plug out from the end, stuck the magnet tip in there and bam! Clip traveled all the way across from the left side to the right side, luckily the hallow area stops there and it didnt fall further into the body.

Back in place...