Airbag recal - when will there be parts available? | FerrariChat

Airbag recal - when will there be parts available?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Bamsefar, Oct 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    So I got this airbag recall for my FF a large number of months ago - however there seem to be a lack of parts at my dealer, Autoropa, since they always references they are waiting for some parts? Hos anyone else got the recall done?

2. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    My Lusso was at the dealer for almost 2 months for the PTU and they were unable to get the parts....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. luckyguy

luckyguy Karting

Nov 18, 2016
    venice italy
    Done last week.
    Recall arrived beginning 2019

Inviato dal mio LYA-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk

4. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    I had it done last year, and it took 3 trips to the closest dealer at 350 miles away:
    1st trip: They have the airbag, but they realized a special bracket was needed after the glovebox area had been taken apart.
    2nd trip: Ordered bracket was there, but they were out of the airbag.
    3rd trip: 3rd time was a charm. Finally done.

Unlike other car makers, there appears to be no service bulletins that detail exactly what parts are needed to carry out a recall service. So make sure they have all parts available before you go. My main gripe was about not being notified until I was there, especially with me not being local. If those trips weren't combined with my monthly trip to that location, I would have been mad as hell. It was also the same (2 failed trips) when I tried to get a new key programmed; until I went to another dealership (450 miles away) who was able to do it in one shot.

5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    weird mine was done in october 2018 - no issues - guess i got lucky

otakki and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  6. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    That's crazy. I waited until I received at least four notices before I had it done. By that time the dealer had done many so they knocked it right out. At the next annual I saw them do an entire California airbag replacement while I was there. They also changed the oil. That tech was super organized and had everything setup so when he started a procedure it went fast and accurate. He seemed to enjoy his work. Sorry your experience was less than stellar.

otakki likes this.
  7. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    They told me they had already done more than a few airbag recalls on the same car prior to mine. But the experience left me wondering if that was really the case.

After my experience with two dealerships on key programming, I would say calling and talking to the service manager will get you a pretty good idea of how organized they are.

Solid State likes this.
  8. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Agree and even a great service department can screw up a service. Its something I think we all keep in mind when handing over the keys. Not only that but I always fret over any cosmetic abuse that might occur through neglect or accident. Its a relief when the annual returns a car at least as good as when I left it. :)

otakki likes this.
  9. Outrun

Outrun Karting

Still waiting on my airbag parts. Car was in a couple of weeks ago for service but they couldn’t get the parts so it will have to go back again one day....