Sebastian Vettel | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Sebastian Vettel

Discussion in 'F1' started by Robb, Oct 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    They tangled at quite a few races.

Senna1994 and DF1 like this.
  2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Ocon is a moron. He will tangle with Ricciardo next year.

Senna1994 and tifosi12 like this.
  3. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Ocon the Moron? Reminds me of Gordon:D

Tackleberry likes this.
  4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    True.

Not that Ocon didn't deserve it... :D

Senna1994 and william like this.
  5. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    LOL

More than once no? Last season I felt that Ocon was the better driver but his racecraft still leaves a lot to be desired. Will see how he does in 2020 with Danny Ric.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  6. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Sainz would be a better fit in this role than Perez.

Surfah likes this.
  7. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    I like Vettel, I’m still rooting for him to win, although I’m still not sold he can make a comeback. I don’t care for Claire the SHAR. For the first time in my life I was actually cheering on Hamilton to beat SHAR after Vettels dnf.

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I don't quite understand that. I think Charles Leclerc is the real deal, the next Senna/MS/Hamilton. He is the future of Ferrari and I can't wait for him duking it out more often against that other great, Verstappen. I foresee the equivalent of the Senna/Prost duells with Leclerc vs Verstappen.

In the not too distant future Hamilton and Vettel will be retired and the two young lions will divide the F1 spoils between them. I can't wait for that era. It will be epic.

9. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Hamilton is the “real deal” and I don’t like him.

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Fair enough.

I didn't like Senna and don't like MS.

I guess my comment is more about what's not to love about Leclerc? Because he complains on the radio about the team breaking its agreement? I know people don't like whining on the radio. I like it, because it tells you what they really think, the public relations masks come down.

11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I share your opinion of both !!

tifosi12 likes this.
  12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Exactly, it's spontaneous, not a rehearsed PR exercise.

tifosi12 likes this.
  13. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    #363 JLF, Oct 4, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    Some people may love Shar. That’s fine, he just rubs me the wrong way. I do hope he helps Ferrari get back to the front. I’m just tired of these little entitled “kids” bitching and moaning about every single little problem they have on track. They have arguably the greatest job on the planet, are one in a million to actually make it to F1, make millions of dollars, have hot young chicks throwing themselves at them and they walk around the paddock looking pissed off and despondent all the time then ***** and moan the instant another drivers wheel comes to close to theirs. That’s why I would prefer some kind of age restriction in F1. ****ing man up already. I think Shar started reading news articles and actually started to believe he’s the new number 1 driver. Vettel, despite his flaws ran away from Shar in this race, if Shar is the new king he should have easily caught Vettel and passed him.

Senna1994 likes this.
  14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It's very difficult to keep harmony if one driver abides by what the team decides prior to a race , and the other goes freelance to satisfy his own ego.
    Vettel has a long history of ignoring any plan laid-out by his team when it suits him.
    He did the same several times at Red Bull with Mark Webber, and he does it again with Leclerc.
    Vettel is just a very selfish driver who doesn't want to be a team player.
    That's fair enough, but he should say it BEFORE the race, and not take his team mate for a mug.
    I think that's what Leclerc objects to, rightly in my view, but Binotto hasn't got the guts to read the riot act to Vettel.

15. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Yea, that’s why he’s a champion and Webber isn’t. The champions have a bit of ruthlessness to them. So vettel gets a great start and slings by his teammate, like anyone in their right mind would hit the brakes and let their teammate back in front with Mercedes/ Hamilton coming down on you. If you were pulling away from your teammate like Vettel was would you slow down and let him by or go for the win? I know what I would do. He’s not there to make friends with Shar, he’s there to race.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

stavura, SimCity3 and Senna1994 like this.
  16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

From now on, Leclerc should ignore Vettel, be ruthless and do his own race.
    No more Mister Nice Guy. Vettel cannot be trusted.
    There is no point for the team to draw any strategy when one driver doesn't want to respect it.

17. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    I agree he should race his own race the heck with pre planned BS.
    It’s Ferrari team managements pre planned silliness that causes ill feelings between the drivers.
    “Uhmmmm, Vettel won last week so we’re going to let you win this week”

Robb, stavura and lagunacc like this.
  18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Well, we agree on that, at least.
    But I doubt if Ferrari will give up their long tradition of team orders !

19. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    I'd think that the above applies both ways - the tow strategy in Monza Q3 comes to mind where Binotto said Leclerc was forgiven after winning the race.

Best,
    Sammy

stavura, LVP488, JLF and 1 other person like this.
  20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Monza Q3 was a complete mess for all concerned; surely Leclerc cannot be blamed for that !

Anyway, what Vettel did at Monza? He completely ruined his race with yet another driver's error !!!!!

21. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    All attributes. Like Nadal said: People exaggerate this business of humility. Kyrgios said it even better but I'd have to paraphrase.

That or Charleroi knew 'V rocket' would blow up and reminisce about V12's to gain our sympathy.

22. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

With a competitive Red Bull that time has arrived, its now. Vettel is done. He has been for 2 + years. More so even today. Im ready for the new fight you have outlined!

tifosi12 and william like this.
  23. DF1

It mattered little how fast Vettel was briefly. The damage was done on the radio as the chaos was apparent. Why should Charles push at all. In the larger view it was Vettel who appeared petty and spoiled and was 'owned' by his own words about team and who is larger than Ferrari lol. Well spoken by him only a week before. The slower Ferrari driver appeared weak and desperate not cunning or clever. The overall Charles vs Vettel stats this year are Ricci - Red Bull bad if not worse for the spoiled child that is Vettel. Please leave.

24. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Anybody want to start a Vettel Sucks thread? I'd post, especially after that abortion of a start in Japan.

25. DF1

The press are doing a superb effort of documenting his effort and errors lol :)

Senna1994 and tifosi12 like this.