First post, need help with a 308 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

First post, need help with a 308

Discussion in '308/328' started by Dallas308, Sep 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Du_Man

Du_Man Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Derek
    [email protected] I will send you my call info....thanks!

2. Du_Man

Du_Man Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Hey Dallas308 - shoot me an email to [email protected] and we can exchange info!

3. TripleBlack

TripleBlack Formula Junior

May 1, 2006
    Paris, France

If I may, the serial of this car is 32001 which is an April 80 production car known as a US Rosso-Nero, so it match perfectly.

To be even more precise, the horizontal gauge style appeared in November 80, so late 2v US injected car received it (and so all the Euro models).

4. Du_Man

Du_Man Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Derek
    your friend's 308 still for sale?
    Hey Dallas308 - shoot me an email to [email protected] and we can exchange contact info

5. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Not that I would be keen on owning a car in such a condition. But it's nice to see one from time to time. These cars prove, that they are way more robust, than what folklore says. I regularly see a similar condition GT4 driving around. One owner since 1992 with maintenance and care next to nothing. It rusts and smokes, but runs perfect.

Best from Germany
    Martin

BigTex likes this.
  6. offtheworkigo

offtheworkigo Karting

Feb 23, 2016
    Rockwall
    Full Name:
    Dave Hoffer
    I live here in Dallas. I would like to come see the car.

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    It's those terrible wheels, the false emblems....

A factory set of rims, even worthless 390s, and a good bath and engine detailing would go a LONG way!
    The red cam covers mean that someone has "been in" this motor, but recall the Factory piston ring recall.

Rusts and runs....can I get that on a license plate frame??
    :D :D :D

newark_308 and Martin308GTB like this.
  8. Du_Man

Du_Man Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Merry Christmas Everyone!
    I want to let the gang know that I purchased 32001 back in October from Bernie's good friend here in Dallas. Thank you, Bernie for reaching out to me and being a big help in this purchase! As you can see by the pictures in the post, it's a sad 308 that needs a lot of attention. I have been on Fchat for over 16 years just reading, learning and taking notes for a day like this! I plan on asking lots of questions and hopefully showing progress. My first goal is to get the 80's girl up on wheel cribs this holiday and take a 1000 photos to help evaluate the true condition of the 308. A full restore is in order.....a 1000 hours in a 3-year time-frame...probably. Wanted - A DFW 308 mentor! happy holidays!

9. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    #34 st@ven, Dec 26, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/252340

Look at this on. Bought it in 2009 and or it was in a rally bad shape sitting outside for more than 10 years.

With a lot of DIY i did sort of out in only 4 months. Rust was NOT an issue!

After this initial stage i went to mod it completely into a trackcar, even added a turbo.

Btw, if you are interested in more mods on the car, search for my "Call my stupid, again" thread

308 milano likes this.
  10. Du_Man

Du_Man Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Thanks Steven......you being here is why I love Fchat!