DFW - 2020 FCA Presidential Candidate Nomination Thread | FerrariChat

DFW 2020 FCA Presidential Candidate Nomination Thread

Discussion in 'Texas' started by SAFE4NOW, Oct 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    #### Un-Official ####

Who: Dues Paying members of the Ferrari Club of America - DFW Chapter
    What: Nominate Candidates for the 2020 Election
    When: NOW!
    Where: Here - Ferrari Chat

Etc: After talking with John D ( Current FCA-DFW President ) at last weeks Microsoft Car show about his interest in running again for the 2020 term, he stated that he is not actively running for a second term, BUT that if no one else was nominated, that he would carry the torch...

Which got me to thinking, who WOULD you nominate for the position?

2 year term, starts 1/1/2020 ... Pay isn't so great but the perks are supposedly amazing...

So , who would you like to see in charge of things?

Me, I am nominating Rob Lay... he doesn't know it yet..... I think he would make a great leader. He might even know a thing or two about Ferrari's and the people who drive them in DFW!!

p.s. My understanding is that FCA-DFW Chapter will be sending out an official nomination request in the next few weeks, as FCA-National wants elections early this year... but I am getting ahead of myself....

Steve

Tire Fryer likes this.
  2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    you know I would ;), but my 2000-2004 terms disqualify me for running again, I'm SURE of it! :D

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  3. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Haven't the statutes of limitations expired yet? I'm sure all video evidence has been disposed of...

I know an attorney who'd go to bat for you, maybe even set up pre-bail money as needed... LOL

S

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    my nominal nominations are in no particular order. :D

Ken Thomas
    Chris & Jennifer
    Stephanie Rippe
    Wade & Heeseon
    Brian Schultz
    Pantea Pourabbas

baschul, Tire Fryer and SAFE4NOW like this.
  5. TXG23

TXG23 Karting

Sep 14, 2014
    DFW, TX
    Full Name:
    Kell
    Vince D. would be a great choice as well, Ferrari in the blood!

Sent from my Ferrari 458 Italia

6. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Not sure what I did to deserve a "nomination" from Rob :), but I barely have time anymore to get the car out of the garage, let alone lead the club.

baschul, rob lay and SAFE4NOW like this.
  7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Steve, are you the only one running? You are perfect, I was just surprised you would do it, that's why I said Pantea. :)

8. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Thank you for that. If she had the time , I know Pantea would be fantastic as well.

I was a little surprised when National told me I had been nominated and that I needed to put a Bio together for the ballot...

Meanwhile , I asked who else was running and they said no one else had officially submitted their Bio either.

Which is why I asked John D to send out another e-mail last night as a reminder to those that maybe thought they were on the ballot and had not sent their Bio in.

Either way, I am happy to help, and expect that it will be an interesting opportunity!

More to follow!

S

Tire Fryer, baschul and rob lay like this.
  9. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    #9 SAFE4NOW, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    FCA Members, keep your eyes out for the official ballot coming out tonight, to be in your e-mail box tomorrow morning when you wake up!

Candidates:

1. Sam Jones
    2. John Dickson
    3. Steve Fordham

-------------------------------------------
    Sam Jones

My name is Sam Jones and I am a member of the DFW/FCA chapter and I would like to run for the chapter President. I am very involved in all of the chapter activities and understand what is involved in running the chapter as I have volunteered to assist in numerous events. Yes, I am a Tifosi and have been for decades. While that is a wonderful thing it has nothing to do with being President of a group and running an organization. I am semi-retired and in my previous life ran the options desk for Credit Suisse First Boston at the Chicago Board of Trade. I later traded 30-year Treasury Bond Futures for myself and managed money when I had a hedge fund. I also owned a Futures Brokerage group that was the sole executer for 2 billion dollar hedge funds. I mention this to point out that I am able to run an organization and also deal with type A personalities without offending them. I would be honored to be considered to run for the president of the DFW chapter of the Ferrari Club of America.

Sincerely,

Sam Jones

------------------------------------------
    Steve Fordham

My name is Steve Fordham. Most will recognize my name as being the Service Director at Boardwalk Ferrari.

When I first took over the Service Director position with Ferrari, I immediately reached out to then President Don Rose, he and I candidly discussed the shortcomings in the dealer/club relationship and began implementing ways to work together. When Shawn Richard took over the presidency, we were able to continue the successful relationship and pull off some amazing events, which I was again able to carry forward with John Dickson. Together we were able to add to the overall ownership experience, bringing everyone together to enjoy all things Ferrari! I have enjoyed working with these three men and learning from their leadership. We will continue the successful events, move on from the less popular events, and most importantly reach out to the members to find out what they would like to experience through the club moving forward! I also look forward to working with other likeminded businesses and vendors, those who have always supported us and those who may want to support us in the future!

I would be honored to serve as the FCA-DFW Chapter president!

The answer is Yes!

----------------------------------------
    John Dickson

John Dickson has been a Tifosi for more than 20 years. Officially joining the club 9 years ago, he has been an active member. Initially unaware that you didn't need to own a Ferrari to join, he followed the club for 3 years before attending his first breakfast in 2011. He quickly began volunteering for many events including watching parties, local car shows, and the Christmas party. In 2015 he supported the regional Event as the Sponsor Chairperson, raising enough capital to cover the entire weekend. John has served as Chapter President since 2017 in supporting our members to bring their cars to track days, car shows, and spirited drives while involving our fellow Tifosi to impact our communities through philanthropic events.

# Updated post w. John's Bio #

10. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    ## Bump ##

Ballots went out last night at midnight , get your votes in early!

S

11. f1_nix

f1_nix Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 12, 2005
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Haven't received mine.

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    email [email protected]

I got mine yesterday.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  13. f1_nix

f1_nix Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 12, 2005
    Ft. Worth, TX
    SAFE4NOW likes this.
  14. Tire Fryer

Tire Fryer Karting

Feb 18, 2013
    Farmers Branch, TX
    Full Name:
    Christopher Williams
    I received mine as well. Maybe yours bounced into spam/junk?

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  15. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Got mine, votes are in !

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  16. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Quite possibly. I just found mine in my "Junk" folder (Yahoo mail).
    T

Tire Fryer and SAFE4NOW like this.
  17. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Is Don Rose the guy from Oklahoma who put bull horns on his Mondi? Or am I thinking of somebody else?

18. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    You're thinking of someone else. Don is the guy whose goal is to own every F512M in the States.

paulyp, SAFE4NOW and Texas Forever like this.
  19. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    When does the election close? Someone will be welcomed to the dubious honor of being a Chapter president.

Jeff
    President
    Missouri & Southern Illinois Chapter