StartedFromTheBottom - A Warning to Others | FerrariChat

StartedFromTheBottom - A Warning to Others

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Jasonberkeley, Oct 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    A word of caution about doing business with Carlo (StartedFromTheBottom). He approached me about purchasing some historic documents and the detailed story to authenticate them from a third party who supposedly played an important role in Ferrari racing. I wired the third party 1100 Euro on June 4th and still have yet to receive what was promised and laid out in detail. Feel free to PM me for more details.

2. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    A word of caution about doing business with Carlo (StartedFromTheBottom). He approached me about purchasing some historic documents and the detailed story to authenticate them from a third party who supposedly played an important role in Ferrari racing. I wired the third party 1100 Euro on June 4th and still have yet to receive what was promised and laid out in detail. Feel free to PM me for more details.

3. StartedFromTheBottom

StartedFromTheBottom Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 9, 2016
    Europe
    Thanks for the kind words Jason but this is long gone to a happy owner!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. StartedFromTheBottom

BANNED

May 9, 2016
    Europe
    Love whether he’s going to do that now on every post :)!
    There’s always two views of a story but i don’t want to bore anybody nor screw up this thread... i think there are a few more people outside who are happy with all the efforts i took for them.

5. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    My story is simple: I paid 1100 Euro for a specific list of documents that you agreed to and did not provide. I wired the money on June 4th. It is October 8th and I still dont have them. I have asked for a refund and you refused. I advised that I would be forced to post like this as per the moderator's direction as it is my only recourse and you didnt care.

So go-ahead, hot-shot. What's "your side of the story?" Why havent you sent the documents as per what was agreed to in the time frame that you kept agreeing to and pushing back? Or alternatively, why havent you refunded my money?

6. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    Then why isnt that after four months you cant get me what I paid 1100 Euro for?

7. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley

8. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    Seconded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  9. StartedFromTheBottom

BANNED

May 9, 2016
    Europe
    Love it! Sorry I’m a dust cover scammer!!!
    Anybody who‘s now too scared by Jasons kind words to get a dust cover in a bulk is free to text Simone Schedoni himself and get them from him. Just trying to make the process easier for everybody by giving him all receiving adresses and amount and size of bags wanted at once. A dust bag is 40€ exclude shipping. Only the yellow ones can be remade right now.
    You won’t pay to me but to Schedoni s business account directly.

10. StartedFromTheBottom

BANNED

May 9, 2016
    Europe
    Seems like you’re still looking for a 430 luggage.
    Meanwhile i enjoyed my life and f**ked Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login myself thanks Gezzi for these smart recommendations! Love people who can keep control of the words they use :)
    And i need to apologize for offering a brand new set to you at 50% rate. That is more than unfair i admit...

11. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    Yeah, its real funny that you have stolen $1300.

Keep laughing. Let's see how much business youre going to get by stealing money from people and pretending it didnt happen.

Moderators: at one point is this guy banned?

12. P_RSR

P_RSR Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    New York
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have done business with Carlo and sent him over $10k via PayPal as a friends and family money transfer. He kept me updated throughout the whole process and my items made it safely to America on time. Sorry to hear you guys didn’t have the same experience, but I had a very easy time dealing with him. He could have easily screwed me over at any point and just kept my money.

13. P_RSR

P_RSR Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    New York
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Feel free to post some actual proof as to what happened rather than just expect someone to get banned based on your word.

14. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    If you have a complaint you about a seller, you make it on the advertisement that related to the item or you post your complaint in a new thread in an appropriate location. You are not entitled to spam your complaint nor to stalk the other party on unrelated threads. You have been thread banned from the advertisements you just posted on and you will receive a ban for inappropriate behavior on the site if you make your complaints elsewhere than this thread. Spreading innuendo via PM doesn't cut it either. But on this thread, you can say whatever you want, remembering though that you are responsible for what you post.

As far as banning the seller, we have no idea of the facts, nor how much you contributed to or aggravated things nor what you may have assumed that wasn't so. So we're not going to ban someone just because you say so. If you have some "facts", post them and let other users decide for themselves.

f355spider, Jaguar36 and BOKE like this.
  15. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    PM me and ill be glad to forward the entire PM history with him.

He agreed to provide a series of original documents, along with a written history from the person who had the documents, with a specific series of story points in the background of the documents, as well as the CV of the person. Electronic copies, as well as signed originals.

I received xerox copies of the documents, and no originals. I didnt receive the story and background of the documents and history that was specifically agreed to by Carlo. I did not receive the CV.

So for $1300, i received a package of worthless copies.

16. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    #16 Jasonberkeley, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    You should be aware that I didnt want to do this. I went to the moderators (Rob Lay) and asked him for help. He said the only recourse was to post and warn.

There were no guidelines given.

Ive asked Rob to read the entire exchange witn Carlo in my PM, as I did not want to trash someone on here. Ive never wanted to get involved in a thread like this.

Why dont you ask Carlo why he wont send what I paid for four months ago or refund my money.

17. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Yes, you get ONE thread to make your complaint, on that thread you can post as long as the thread has legs.

One thread derives from the general forum rule against "spamming" and multiple of the same posts by most users. A grievance doesn't override the spamming rule.

BOKE likes this.
  18. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    #18 Jasonberkeley, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    Why doesnt Carlo come on here and say if he has provided what was agreed to or not?

Carlo:
    When will I be getting the original documents you agreed to provide when I sent payment four months ago?

When will I be getting the translated history with the specific points agreed to included electronically and a printed signed original as you agreed to?

When will I be getting an electronic copy of Peter's CV along with a printed signed original?

These are all things you agreed to provide and have not yet provided.

Provide them, or have my money refunded.

And to the moderators: moving this thread to a section that isnt related to where the person is trying to sell parts is rather pointless.

19. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Nothing is for sale in this thread, so it doesn't belong in the classifieds. Only listings and admin notices go there.

As for the thread's location, it is in *the* most prominent section on FChat - you've got your platform. I suggest you make your case about your transaction in detail, rather than complain about moderation.

All the best,
    Andrew.

BOKE likes this.
  20. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley