599 "Automatic Equalisation" | FerrariChat

599 "Automatic Equalisation"

Discussion in '612/599' started by LWR550, Oct 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LWR550

LWR550 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    East Sussex
    Hi all,

On the 599, there's an option under "Car Setup" called "Automatic Equalisation" - there's no explanation in the manual as to what this option does.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

My car has the standard Bose Stereo and according to the manual there is no way to adjust the equalization. I adjusted the equalization on my iPod which works very well. The equalization on the standard stereo is impossible.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. LWR550

LWR550 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    East Sussex
    Thanks George

I have the Bose system also. I'm able to adjust the equalisation via the menus on the head unit. If I press "Radio" or "Media" I get a "Sound" menu that allows me to change the equaliser, balance, fader, surround etc. Being able to change it is essential as I found the system to be very "muddy" sounding without it

Do you think "automatic equalisation" refers to the stereo?

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  4. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    The Becker head unit in my old 360 had a hidden set of menus where you could access equalisers and other options. Dunno if that helps you at all!

5. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Do not use it. In my experience it works over time to flatten the response- just the opposite of what you want.

6. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

My guess is that you have the upgraded unit which allows for equalization. The infotainment manual talks about two different units.

7. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Sorry, but with or without the hidden setup, the sound system is crap.
    Never had such a bad sound system in a car like this (mine had the Bose upgrade).

It's just a brazenness, what quality they installed in a 250.000 €/$ + car and what money they take for the Bose update.

Originality melee, I went to an aftermarket radio unit, and now I can accept the sound quality.
    Not very high quality, but something you can accept.

My 2005 Grand Cherokee WK have a better sound system.
    :)

Daniel

Caeruleus11 and George Vosburgh like this.
  8. LWR550

LWR550 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    East Sussex
    You must have had a different head unit to mine.

Out of the box, yes it's pretty bad - way too "muddy" sounding.

But, with the crossovers set right and with some more treble on the equalisation, it sounds really good to my ear - way better than the system in my Bentley Conti GT and as good, if not better, than the Meridian system in my '18 Range Rover and the B&O in my 2017 R8.