Picture of your 355 you took today | Page 153 | FerrariChat

Picture of your 355 you took today

Discussion in '348/355' started by ClydeM, Apr 6, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    #3801 kenneyd, Sep 21, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    Thats next.
    I have some plastidip silver. If i can get the finish right I may keep them that way.
    I'm having hard to finding the sliver color i want, it needs to be pretty bright to have some contrast with my grey body. I really like the OEM speedline wheel color, but its unobtainable. The common substitute is PPG 36520, but its much to glittery, and slightly to dark IMO.
    I have a can of 36520, a can of "aluminum" and the corvette silver color I painted my PG3 wheels.
    Just doing experiments before i shoot it with something permanent lol

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

tres55, KMR968Turbo and Jasonberkeley like this.
  2. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Vossen Patina Gold is fantastic... those are a little brown, but not terrible. It is tough to find an alternate wheel color on a silver shaded car. I have always done a “smoked gray” or BMW Anthracite. Maybe BMW Hyper Silver??

I really like the gold tones though. Keep playing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
  4. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
  5. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
  6. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
  7. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Red with white challenge wheels... I just love white challenge wheels!!

8. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Running errands today, had to pick up some crickets for the critters on the way back from the annual vehicle inspection. I think the guy who just got out of the SUV dug the car haha, didn’t notice him when I snapped the pic.

308 GTB, Robb and eyeman1234 like this.
  9. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
  10. Yellow02Z06

Yellow02Z06 Karting

Nov 2, 2013
    My 2 cars might both be a reference point for you

I got the same exact wheels (all 4 are “fronts” on my white 328 - see attached) and I beleive the intent - but I am unsure if actual product was used as was done by prior wheel owner - was to match the historical color left by the Dow 7 chromate treatment as was used by Ferrari in the 60s 70s etc. That might look nice on your car but not 100% sure I would do it if it was my car or not

i have a Grigio Titanio 360 too (pic attached) that has polished raw aluminum CCWs - it almost looks like chrome - but not sure how you would achieve that in paint nor am I sure this color is best (again your 355 with those challenge wheels was my car not sure I like this either)

You might also consider black / to match your interior if it is nero or a charcoal cant quite tell from pic - given the big red brakes and large calipers - the black wont totally “hide” the wheels

Related idea would be “black chrome” but might be a little trendy

Final idea - if there is a way to carefully strip to the raw mag greyish color and protect with a clear that might be way cool - the fact that the wheels are real magnesium is part of what makes them the cats meow.

if you are like me (majorly nuts when it comes to cars, F cars and the “right” wheels and color) you will think and experiment (photo editor maybe best) for a while!

But at least so far you have acquired IMO some of the best/coolest wheels ever produced

kenneyd likes this.
  11. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Try attaching the pictures again?

Bare magnesium would be cool, but i would imagine it would still corrode?

A dark grey would work too, but a really dont like black. There has to be enough contrast between the tire and the wheel, otherwise it looks like a spare IMO lol.

I actually went to the paint supplier here last week and the guy spent about 20 minutes trying to get a good reading on one of my stock 355 wheels with a paint camera, he was able to get a 81% match. I saved the mix, but it was $85 a pint, a bit high for an experiment, so i passed for now.

I will probably keep my PG3s and stock wheels, so I can be normal when i want to be. I kind of like the idea of the crazy challenge wheel colors, but at the same time, the perfect bright silver would be ideal.

This only other titanio 355 ive seen with silver wheels, just looked blah, but it could just be a bad picture:

Jasonberkeley and eyeman1234 like this.
  12. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
  13. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
  14. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
  15. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I've had the wing on there for several years, kinda just wanted to see it without it again.
    The 355 rear is so pretty, so wide and flat with that iconic integrated spoiler .

The wing does take away from that somewhat, however it really gives the car an aggressive look it was lacking.

I may run the wing with my challenge wheels, and the stock lid with my pg3s

308 GTB likes this.
  16. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky

Ken, there's actually a name for that "iconic integrated spoiler." It's called a nolder.

Barry

kenneyd and Robb like this.
  17. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
  18. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
  19. Culprit

Culprit Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2011
    Santa Ana, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian
    amazing drive today. When the car gets out for a longer drive and everything is warmed up and dialed in, it is such a perfect pleasure.

20. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    It really is. Amazed after my drive yesterday. When the cars are maintained by the right people and dialed in, they are just about the best one,

308 GTB, carnutdallas and Robb like this.