I’m really in love with this car, best I’ve ever driven. | FerrariChat

I’m really in love with this car, best I’ve ever driven.

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by JMJ, Oct 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JMJ

JMJ Karting

Jan 27, 2015
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey J
    The 812, finally arrived, the 4 wheel steering, refined styling and raw power, combine to create the best GT I have ever driven. One can call it a GT, or disagree. it’s more like a Ford GT, or even better like a modern version of the 512 BB. I will post a full review as soon as I can.

Wonderful job Ferrari, didn’t know it was possible to improve upon the beloved F12.
    View attachment 2833874 View attachment 2833875 View attachment 2833876

Attached Files:

Gh21631, TSOYBELIS, Bundy and 20 others like this.
  2. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Congratulations Jeffrey, beautiful. Love the silver and blue, looks great.

JMJ likes this.
  3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations! I knew you would love it! And what a beautiful spec!!

JMJ and uhn2000 like this.
  4. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    Very sharp looking car

JMJ likes this.
  5. Dubaicity

Dubaicity Karting

Nov 21, 2013
    Germany
    Congrats!

Can you post some real pictures of the interior instead of the ones by the configurator?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

JMJ and Caeruleus11 like this.
  6. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Oh my gosh. That car is so freakin cool!

JMJ likes this.
  7. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Wow Stunning!!!!!! Good luck with her

JMJ likes this.
  8. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Stunning, spec and enjoy it.. the best one I own right now!

JMJ and Caeruleus11 like this.
  9. JMJ

JMJ Karting

Jan 27, 2015
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey J

Sure, these are the ones that the dealer shot, but they didn’t include interior ones. I will post some shortly, but they did a nice job with the white leather and striping. I’ve included some photos of luggage so you can appreciate interior materials though. Here’s some info about the luggage as well.

Schedoni: Exclusive Ferrari Collection
    Schedoni has been an official supplier of made-to-measure leather suitcases to Ferrari since 1977. Since then, every new Ferrari has had a perfectly designed set of luggage available from the Modenese craftsmen.

The origins of the company go back to 1880 when Celso Schedoni opened a small hand-made footwear workshop in Formagine. His son, Giuseppe, took over the business on his father’s death in the 1930s – and promptly sold all the equipment to a shoemaker in Modena, on the condition that he could become an apprentice and learn everything about the leather trade.

A few years later Giuseppe became the head of the firm, and after WW2 decided to start his own business in Modena (following the principles of his father) soon employing 140 people and making 90 pairs of shoes a day. In the 1970s Mauro Schedoni (Giuseppe’s son) joined the company and, making the most of what was then a dynamic and evolving market, decided to make the firm’s products more diverse with the addition of luggage, then clothing and accessories.

The first contact with Ferrari came in 1976, when Mauro Schedoni’s 308 GTB-owning brother-in-law Franco Folli asked him to make a set of luggage that exactly fitted his ‘red racer’. The result was a Christmas present for Franco that year and a meeting with Ferrari’s Sales Manager who, on seeing the fitted luggage, realized that ‘at last we’ve found the answer to all those people who complain about not being able to fit their luggage in their Ferrari’.

It was in 1977 that the very first set of custom-made luggage was made; for the iconic 308 GTB. As a result of that,the Hollywood Ferrari dealer ordered a set of bespoke upholstery for one of the cars, a feat repeated 19 times between 1977 and 1980.

Since 1977 each new road car from Maranello has had its ‘own’ Schedoni luggage, and the company his diversified into an exclusive Ferrari diary for the directors at Maranello and VIP clients, as well as small briefcases, folders and portfolios – all with the unmistakable style of Maranello.

Schedoni has also been involved in F1 for Ferrari, supplying the leather seat covers for the likes of Arnoux, Tambay, Prost, Mansell and Schumacher in grand prix cars of the ‘80s and ‘90s. Special models like the limited edition F50 also have special Schedoni seating, in the era before carbon-fibre, Kevlar and Nomex.

Over 12,000 sets of Ferrari luggage have been produced since that first ‘Christmas Present’ in 1977, as well as 52,000 briefcases and other small pieces of leather goods. Ferrari’s constant introduction of newer and even more desirable models keeps the family busy – with little time for the other passion of its life, the production of Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale di Modena.

Classic Driver
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. JMJ

JMJ Karting

Jan 27, 2015
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey J
    Thanks Eric, if your ever in the city I’ll let you check it out, amazing what Ferrari did with the paint.

Caeruleus11 and klinkman like this.
  11. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    What a beautiful spec- congrats! I am a new owner as of a week or so ago as well- 70 Anni Rosso/Blue Sterling. The car is magnificent, the engine note is sublime.

ScottS, of2worlds, uhn2000 and 4 others like this.
  12. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Congratulations Jeffrey! Wonderful spec! Love it!

JMJ likes this.
  13. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    Yay, somebody else got the luggage as well!

I still haven't used mine though lol.

JMJ likes this.
  14. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Beautiful car! I received mine first part of August. It spent a month getting corrected, full PPF wrap and coated. Unfortunately I’ve only put about 300 miles on it if that. Need to drive it more! It’s a beast of a car that to me no picture can do it justice. It has to be experienced in “real” life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMJ likes this.
  15. FerrariTexas

FerrariTexas Karting

Aug 31, 2009
    Austin
    Congratulations - excellent post and enjoy the 812!

JMJ likes this.
  16. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    congrats ....:)

JMJ likes this.
  17. Outrun

Outrun Karting

Damn, that’s a nicely chosen spec. Well done sir.

JMJ likes this.
  18. JMJ

JMJ Karting

Jan 27, 2015
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey J
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. BG23

BG23 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2015
    Australia
  20. JMJ

JMJ Karting

Jan 27, 2015
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey J
    Love that 70, had a plain white F12 before, but the 70th anniversary editions are fantastic

Shack likes this.