430 - Had an accident. Advice needed. | Page 6 | FerrariChat

430 Had an accident. Advice needed.

Discussion in '360/430' started by Eric C, Sep 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. flightz71

flightz71 Rookie

May 8, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    What was the bulk of the repair cost? Hard to see $43k in damage there. It's a great thing though - sure the car will be perfect when it's back and running.

2. CCRider66

CCRider66 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Sussex, WI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    A better than Ferrari Paint job exceeds $20,000. Compared to what I did, that looks 10x's worse and my repair job came to $43,000. AND I still have a windshield to replace :eek:
    My agent says no problem but it won't be a Ferrari windshield, I laughed cause they obviously don't realize there are no aftermarket windshields ;)

I don't know how Carfax works but my incident has never been reported. I also look at as I might have scratched the car but really the car is in far better shape now then when I purchased it, and quite frankly when Ferrari produced it! Bent frame I get, but part replacement??? Why does that matter to the knowledgeable purchaser? It's no different than changing the oil filter or brake pads, timing belts, etc.... bolt off, bolt on.:D

Pebble Beach cars are not original and some sell for millions:eek: Carfax and the like have a good scam going on but it sucks that the majority of car buyers believe that crap and pay good money for no reason!

OP, fix and enjoy the car! It's a Great car and there is no need what so ever to TOTAL it. That would be a very sad outcome for a Ferrari :(

3. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    Eric,
    If you do not mind me asking, who in Atlanta is doing your wrap?

Joe

Eric C likes this.
  4. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Parts were the bulk of the cost.

5. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    JoeTSI likes this.
  6. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Sounds like you chose the smartest path. Fix it back and enjoy it. It’s worth what it’s worth all the same. So you aren’t out any more or less with this choice + you get to enjoy the car once it’s repaired. Someday it will sell at the very low end of 430’s (mileage, history, F1) and the next owner will get a low-cost entry ferrari.

Eric C likes this.
  7. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

Hope all works out for you. Read the first couple of pages and the last one, since internet where I am at the moment is super slow.

Just an FYI for future car work....some stuff.... like your front suspension looks a bit off, can be very easy to fix once you have bought the parts. The hardest job is probably jacking up your car...... then it is a matter of undoing some bolts..... and putting the new part back on. If you have to press new bushings and you do not have a vice or proper tool, it can be a pain, but I am sure you can walk in to a shop with the new parts and they could press a bushing, then all you do is bolt it back together. Paint and body.... forget it..... I get the pros to do that. Hopefully it will be all ready for next summer!

8. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I purchased a 360 in 2013 and the Carfax was clean. Around 2016 I was thinking about selling and looked up the Carfax to see if some of the service was added. To my surprise Carfax added an accident report in 2014 but the accident took place in 2010! And according to the police report (which I got) it was a minor fender bender when the drunk girl backed up into the 360 and scratched the front bumper.
    Carfax says that it happens when they finally get around to posting but Carfax adds a little note on the report that says when it is placed. So, I don't trust any Carfax report just do a real check but make sure you have a ethical PPI company cause the guy I used - who is listed on the site, wasn't as ethical as I hoped!

9. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    CarFax is not the word of God or whoever you look up to BUT it is a cheap and quick way to catch problems. I used it to eliminate a car my niece was looking at. The guy didn't disclose the car preciously had front-end damage. He seemed very upfront wit photos and how long he had the car. Once the question was asked, there was radio silence;actually email silence.

Apollo 11 likes this.
  10. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    Any updates on the repair?

Eric C likes this.
  11. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Still waiting on parts. I'm actually headed to this airport to pick up the Scud bumper in a few minutes. That's the last thing they were waiting on before they started the work. I'm still waiting on the wing though.... but that's ok. Once done, it's going in for a color change wrap

JoeTSI likes this.
  12. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Dropped Scud Bumper off at the body shop yesterday so now they can start work on it. Went by this morning and saw they had the GT hood mounted. It's going to take some work to get it perfect. Passenger side sits a little high.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

rennspeed and mwstewart like this.
  13. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Is the hood aerodynamically functional?

14. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    It's a GT hood, so it can be, but I'm not going to worry about the ducting. I just wanted something different.