Cancelled Pista Spider Orders | Page 13 | FerrariChat

Cancelled Pista Spider Orders

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Scraggy, Sep 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Flipped in the sense that it was 6+ months, so yes we flipped it :)
    And technically Puerto Rico isn't out of the country.

Believe it or not, there is a Ferrari dealer here.

We considered taking our Ferraris to PR until we did a little math. Importing a car here requires a 30-40% tax. Our Portofino would have cost $80k-ish in tax. The 812 would have been $140k in tax....

No tax on EVs and Plug Ins. No import tax or sales tax.

2. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    I feel your pain and came close to this as well, withdrawing from a brand as you come to the realization you've been told one thing, but experienced something to the contrary.

It's amazing how a few dealership employees are willing to jeopardize years of client history over a menial amount of money/commission, forcing buyers to purchase money losing vehicles, despite assurances they're a top customer weeks before. This is always a losing proposition in the long term and your potential pursuit of a 458 shows your loyalty to Ferrari, but maybe not your dealer. I know many Porsche dealers did this with GT3/RS allocations and ended up losing a lot more than they anticipated when customers balked.

Can only imagine what the conversation was like when your dealer offered the Pista Spider, after I'm sure they made you jump through hoops to get the Pista Coupe.

Hope it all works out for you in the end and enjoy PR!

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    My dealer has been good to me so no complaints but Jesus Christ I absolutely hate with a passion my Porsche dealer. Biggest arrogant pricks ever!

U-Boat Commander and Rrr1 like this.
  4. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    Holy moly, what did they do to you? Was it related to a GT3/RS allocation I referenced earlier, very curious to know!

5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Without getting into specifics, when I got my GT3 allocation, it was just the worst experience. Every time I walked in to talk about the car or to work on my spec, I was reminded how lucky I was to get an allocation and how they have customers that spend 2 million a year on cars and that I should be just be forever grateful. I was reminded constantly how there were 40 people on the wait list trying to get an allocation and yet they gave me an allocation so I better be thankful.

There was more to the story but the sales guy was a complete moron and the management was worse. I hate to say that publicly but quite possibly the worse buying experience ever.

I wanted to tell them to take their stupid car and shove it up their ass and sell it to someone else.

U-Boat Commander and Carrerarsr like this.
  6. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Well yeah he has. You are the only person I know that got a Pista allocation at MRSP with no purchase history.

He's been GREAT to you.

SoCal to az likes this.
  7. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Recently been dealing with Porsche buying a Cayenne Turbo Coupe, absolute hell. And then I was a told how important the Porsche surveys scores were - I gave a NINE and the dealer rang me up and went potty.

The whole thing was like they were doing me a favour, for a car that will be worth 50pc in 3 years.

8. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Try walking into a Ferrari dealer and asking for a Pista allocation :rolleyes:

9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Oh I have history. Lots of history. Just not the type you are referring to. lol

boobernackle likes this.
  10. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You know exactly what Im talking about.

11. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Wasn't it just last year you were pissed at your Ferrari dealer because they were making you trade in your 488 coupe to buy a 488 Spider so you could get a Pista?

How did you suddenly get in the good graces of your dealer?

12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    They didnt make me do anything. I was doing it and was told - sure, you buy a spider certainly it will help but never was I promised a Pista if I traded in a coupe for a Spider.
    Ive developed a good relationship over the years and im excited about my car.

boobernackle likes this.
  13. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Gotcha. Glad it worked out for you brother.

14. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    As stated, some of us have history but didn't have to jump through a Lusso or flavor of the month.

I don't know of a single person that walked into a Ferrari dealer with no history and got a Pista allocation at MSRP.

15. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    I apologize in this case, as I recall a thread where SoCal said he did not buy a Ferrari previously at this F Car dealer.

Any history at other dealers wouldn't matter.

I think he traded his 488 to them, but did not buy one from them. My mistake.

Doesn't matter--Pista incoming--THAT matters!

boobernackle likes this.
  16. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Wait...is that the dealer you acquired your original Pista coupe through?

17. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    No he bought his from Austin as I recall.

Thecadster likes this.
  18. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Some do to stay in the “good graces “ of their dealer to continue to be a “ top client “ for future limited edition cars. Very expensive game in my opinion as there is no end in sight. I guess if you have the money you can choose to spend as you wish

IPO1 likes this.
  19. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    So I guess no cancelled Pista Spider orders as the headline states?

20. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    All Porsche Europe has and give them a 1 for being d bags.

SoCal to az likes this.
  21. Carrerarsr

Carrerarsr Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I got a Pista here in Germany with absolutely no new purchase history at all at Ferrari. I have a scud and a 550 but i did not buy them new. Just told the dealer in 2016 that i would be interested in a SV 488 if there is one. That was it. He told me that this might be a problem without a solution. In 4 weeks i guess its arriving to my place.

Ohanoune, LVP488, Gh21631 and 2 others like this.
  22. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    Is your pista inbound?

23. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    yes, ATX sold me the Ferraris. I have purchased many others from Dallas, OC, and dealers in the midwest.

IPO1 likes this.
  24. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
  25. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East