Cal Side Vent Removal and Replacement | FerrariChat

Cal Side Vent Removal and Replacement

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by michael from MV, Jul 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. michael from MV

michael from MV Karting

Oct 6, 2007
    Marin County
    Full Name:
    Michael Vogel
    Okay I am sure there are threads but after searching and searching I could not find what I was looking for and its two things...

First, is there anywhere on here that shows or describes the removal of the side vents? My 13 has a silver side vent which i don't like but bought the car because it was perfect in every other way. I have tried to have it wrapped but too many pieces for my picky taste.

I either want to pull it and have it painted to match or replace it with Carbon fiber or something else.

So besides how to pull it, any pics or links to aftermarket side vents would be appreciated!

Michael

2. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    PM me your e-mail and I will send you a PDF on how to remove the fender liners. The fasteners to remove the vents would be from the back side of the fenders, and easily accessible once the liners are loose/removed!

S

3. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #3 4th_gear, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is a photo of the back of the body panel where the black grill box of the side vent and side marker are located. The other photo shows the back of the Novitec CF unit.

The parts diagram also shows a rubber gasket (27) that goes between the side vent and its grill box.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. michael from MV

michael from MV Karting

Oct 6, 2007
    Marin County
    Full Name:
    Michael Vogel
  5. R CALI

R CALI Rookie

Jul 13, 2017
    Keller, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Segel
    MICHAEL... If you want to sell the silver vents let me know.

6. Owen_Cali30

Owen_Cali30 Rookie

Oct 11, 2019
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Owen Fowles
    Following up on this 2017 thread; I removed the wheel liner but can't get to the vent (left side); did you remove the washer fluid container to get to it?