FCA President vote | Page 11 | FerrariChat

FCA President vote

Discussion in 'Australia' started by greg246, Sep 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ihavearedferrari

ihavearedferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Is Ian B president yet?

2. Its328

Its328 F1 Rookie

May 31, 2017
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Thanks for the info Gizzi.
    My problem is not as severe as yours, but it is L4 and L5 as yours is. I am relatively fit and have a physical job.
    I go through patches, but can cope with the odd anti inflammatory.
    This will probably get worse as i age so good to know there is a successful outcome available.
    Hope you recover quickly mate

Gizzi likes this.
  3. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    that's why it's MEANT to be sent via australia post, according to the constitution.

kerrari likes this.
  4. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    A few people have called me expressing concern over what they're perceiving as a threat to split the club. This couldn't be further from reality.

I fully support Tony Demarco's appointment as VIC President and will vote in favour of ratifying his election.

I've also emailed Tony to say this and received a very gracious reply from him. There is no split or disagreement between us.

Ian

barkleytr, Maranello550 and Gizzi like this.
  5. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Amazing how people jump to conclusions.

6. Maranello550

Maranello550 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Yeah I’m not too far away with a degenerated L5 disk....All the years sitting in crappy Aircraft seats...My problem is I enjoy my vino and seafood too much so always carrying extra weight....That’s where the big V12 comes in handy....It’s shifts me around seamlessly.....It’s better than Greg’s donkey....:)

Its328, greg246 and Gizzi like this.
  7. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    All you need now is a goat to help you through the "hard" times

Maranello550 likes this.
  8. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Sounds like they're trying to undermine your nomination by making up fake news. Desperation by the sound of it!

9. Grahame

Grahame Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2005
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Grahame
    I am very concerned about negative and false allegations that have been said about our Club in this forum and I have been urged by many to address these false allegations as they are bringing our Club into disrepute and putting it in danger of survival.

I first joined FChat soon after I bought my 308gt4 in the early 1990s. I have been a long-time member of the Club and have actively participated in many track days, concorsos, rallies and other events and on many committees over many years. I stand for integrity, honesty and Club members' best interests. I brought the Club’s Code of Conduct to finality and instituted the requirement that all committee members sign agreement to abide by it and the Club’s Rules.

To refute the negative and false allegations, I state the following:

1. Emailed AGM notices are legal according to legal opinions we have been given. Any member without an email received their notices by post. All states, bar one, for some years have sent their AGM notices by email and so the precedent also exists for this.

2. All notices went out well ahead of time.

3. Minutes of committee meetings cannot be released under our current Club Rules, but there is nothing to hide in them. For absolute transparency, it will be a good initiative to look at making the necessary changes to the Rules to allow this to happen in the future.

4. It is not possible for anyone to misappropriate funds in our Club. Our Treasurer checks and has to approve everything and then a second person has to agree for the payment to be made. This double-authorisation process cannot be bi-passed. Our Accounts are audited.

5. The Club has always given a simple cash grant to the President to attend the FOC meeting. This is even broken out as a line item in the P&L. The president's partner is always invited by Ferrari. When my wife has attended, she has paid for her own travel. Also, I co-developed the Club's current travel policy as a framework for all Club travel expenses.

5. Tony Demarco was elected by a democratic process in Victoria. As a full member, he was entitled to stand for election. The Club's constitution prevents interference in this process. I knew nothing of the first email by the incoming Victorian committee before its release. I then quickly worked with Trent and Ian to put out a second email which presented both candidates.

6. I've have only contacted people whose numbers are in my phone, not the whole database. If state presidents and other members have chosen to support me, it has been of their own free-will and there has been no coercion or corruption of the election process.

If anyone needs further information on any of the above, please contact me.

False accusations about the Club must stop as they only pull our Club into disrepute. Let's try to use this forum positively for our Club going forward.

Grahame

barkleytr likes this.
  10. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon

I'm guessing who you are, but given what you have posted, a proper introduction would be polite.

11. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Blah, blah, blah

Vote Ian

12. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    It's Grahame

13. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    lol

14. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Sounds like you're scrambling for credibility. The club hasn't been put into disrepute by anything posted on here, but what you have been doing is underhanded in my book. If anyone has been damaging the club's reputation, it's you actually, not the posters on FerrariChat.

Who said anything about travel expenses? Guilty conscience?

I think you've been a rather ineffective president in many ways and someone needs to clean up your mess. That's my opinion.

Demarco was voted in exactly as you described, but it should never have been allowed to happen, and you know why. If you weren't blinded by your close friendship with him, you'd agree. Unfortunately he was unopposed and the people who voted for him don't know the history and the dire situation he put the club in previously.

All will be revealed when/if demarco nominates for national president, I can promise you that.

Also, all will be revealed about you after the election. I just don't want to interfere with due process, unlike you.

Best regards

Maranello550 and greg246 like this.
  15. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Thank you for taking the time to post here.

Re point 3, can you clarify, is there anything in the club rules that expressly prohibits distribution of committee minutes to members? Or is it simply not dealt with at all, and could be allowed by a simple resolution of the committee when such a request is received?

It seems clear from comments here that transparency of committee activities and decision making is a high priority for many members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve355F1, greg246 and Maranello550 like this.
  16. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Why get legal advice re sending out voting info via email in the first place or was the advice sought after the event?

Is the advice off the cuff or in writing somewhere?

Why not just send the voting papers by post in the first place?

Maranello550 likes this.
  17. JH 458

JH 458 Rookie

Oct 12, 2019
    Full Name:
    John H.
    hey graham
    heard a story that u got a trophy from Ferrari on behalf of the club in italy last year. The guy showed me a pic, it said the trophy was for the charity ball in 2018 and u got it in Italy. The guy said that the trophy ended up at yr house and no one in the club heard about it, there was no email or nuthing in the mag and u never said anything at the meetings this guy goes to and they finaly got the trophy off you a recently, and that now u are spinning a story about safekeeping it at home but he recknos eveyone knows that BS because u could have told everyone u had it last year when u got it
    Says the club pays for u and missus to go overseas to italy and when u came back u never said anything about receiving the the trphy or thanked anyone for puting on the event and its been a year already.

Maranello550 and greg246 like this.
  18. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    There is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much wrong with the above post.

Just sayin'.

19. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Especially if it’s true

Maranello550 likes this.
  20. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I recon it’s pretty articulate after 2 bottles of vino and a case of beer...:)

Steve355F1 and simon klein like this.
  21. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Sounds more like a black Jag infiltration

Steve355F1 and Maranello550 like this.
  22. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Nowhere near enough spelling mistakes

Steve355F1 and moretti like this.
  23. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    If there is any truth to that I’m sure it will come out in the wash....

24. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    It already is

Maranello550 likes this.
  25. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Well just starting with the disrespect of spelling the target of the posts' name is enough for me to be wary of the post.