812 Spider | Page 60 | FerrariChat

812 Spider

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by MalibuGuy, Sep 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name:
    Nicolas
    Yes it was ;)
    Thank you :)

Excuse me I don't understand what you says (I'm french and I don't know everything and it is impossible to find a good translation. Thank you in advance !! ;) )

of2worlds likes this.
  2. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    dead ringer = so close of a copy it could be confused for the original ;)

(trivia: The expression 'dead ringer' comes from American horse racing and originated at the end of the 19th century, when a horse that would be raced under a false name and pedigree was called a ringer. The word 'dead' in this expression refers not to lifelessness, but to “precise” or “exact.”)

Caeruleus11, Nicolas21 and of2worlds like this.
  3. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    I was at a dealership in Europe today playing around with configurator. A few things they mentioned which I found interesting:
    - Ferrari HQ was initially strict with allocations, saying only people with significant purchase histories would get the GTS. Since then they have relaxed somewhat and given the dealers more discretion. HQ still needs to approve names, but having one F car seems to be enough...
    - Grigio GTS, the launch colour, is a triple layer paint
    - You can spec matte red carbon for the inside (it's a classy, dark red, quite subtle). I previously thought this was a tailor made only option. I'm getting bordeaux leather so this carbon would look great I think
    - Waiting time to delivery is 18-24 months (obviously VIPs will be at front of queue)

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  4. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Can I ask who told you that Grigio GTS is a 3-Layer Paint? My dealer was at the factory Atelier last week and was told its a 'standard' out of range colour, not a 3-layer.

MalibuGuy and of2worlds like this.
  5. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Yes, on a 812, really incredible and so much rich shades depending to the light ! top of Silver shades, no doubt, but very costly ( near of 60 k€ from memorie )

of2worlds likes this.
  6. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    It was a Swiss dealer. I hope you're right though...would be cheaper! I would love to see the colour in natural light (only seen indoors so far, at Universo Ferrari) to see how it compares to Grigio Titanio, liquid metal silver, etc

7. unogib

unogib Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2006
    USA

Yes the Liquid Metal Silver I've seen on 918's is deeper and darker that the Pure Metal Silver or Liquid Metal Silver as quoted above. I think it would look amazing. Here is a pic
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

NürScud and of2worlds like this.
  8. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    #1484 Griffon83, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019

Attached Files:

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  9. glob1971

glob1971 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 3, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Seems I am eligible to order the GTS but i am not sure yet. Will it be somehow limited, is it a collector car, will value rise because it is the last V12 atmospheric (confirmed).

When discussing with my dealer, getting different information. One says production from mid-2020 until mid-2021, the other one says 2 years production. Both says limited by years of production but not in number of pieces.

My dealer will get more cars than Pista, those numbers are not matching (over 3000 Pista)...

How many pieces will be produced ?

10. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    My dealer said the exact opposite.
    Much lower units than the Pista.
    Dealer also said it's 99% sure this will be the last V12; however here on Fchat, strong rumors are that there will be more regular production cars with a V12.

11. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Typically the V12 get far less production than the V8 - so I'd guess the 812 GTS to have lower production number than the Pista.

12. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I'm getting confused about colors...is there much of a difference between Pure Metal Silver and Pure Liquid Silver??

13. unotaz

unotaz Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Michael
    They are very different colors. One has a lot of flakes (Pure Metal Silver) and one does not.

of2worlds and day355 like this.
  14. unotaz

unotaz Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I think it will be much less than the Pista. V12 production is already a lot lower than V8, and the V12 production line is split between the Lusso, 812 Superfast, 812 GTS and soon to be announced 812 lightweight version next year.

of2worlds likes this.
  15. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    Just realise that!My mistake.

of2worlds likes this.
  16. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    The diamond stitched leather carpet is delicious! Bravo on your spec. :)

17. glob1971

glob1971 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 3, 2011
    Czech Republic
    To be more precise, my dealer says he will get 15% more 812 GTS than Pista's, sold 38 Pista's and will get 45 812 GTS. Has precise numbers, he may have not received enough Pista's for some reasons but if confirmed volume of 812 GTS may be over 2000 pieces.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  18. unotaz

unotaz Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Well, the 812 GTS is a two production year model. Pista is one year production year.

19. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    What's all the fascination with production numbers? :confused:

Boomhauer and Solid State like this.
  20. glob1971

glob1971 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 3, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Many will not like my answer, but this is what I feel. Value of the brand is being diluted with high production numbers, when you spend over 400 K$ on a car you expect some level of exclusivity. Otherwise you buy a used 458 SA Aperta for example.

IloveGT and deltona like this.
  21. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    There were always going to be trade-offs when Ferrari became a publicly traded company. Before IPO, it was already the most respected car brand in the world. The tightrope they have to walk is to maintain that brand -- and all that encompasses -- and deliver profitability to share holders. The business has to be predictable, but don't kid yourself, these are not high numbers, relatively. If I recall correctly the 2018 and 2019 world wide production numbers for the 812SF were in the hundreds. It is an interesting challenge if Ferrari can deliver modest unit numbers, introduce new models every few years, maintain the brand and deliver profits. I think they are well run and up to the task.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  22. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I was under the impression that you buy a car that is exciting to drive...