Pista Topping Leader Boards once again... | FerrariChat

Pista Topping Leader Boards once again...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by PistaGuyAZ, Oct 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PistaGuyAZ

PistaGuyAZ Karting

Apr 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ryan Woon
    Great Video. Pista is king again :)

2. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Put the R's in the 720s and we will see. Be that as it may the 760lt should be untouchable.

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

The Mclaren/Ferrari battles will be never needing which is good for all of us. That Pista does look sexy though. It’s what a 488 should have been from the get go. As much as I loved my 488, the aggressive styling of the Pista just puts it over the top.

4. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Less than a second difference on a standard 720s is telling. The 7XXLT is going to be a special car.

But I do love the Pista--it's a beauty indeed!

tekaefixe and BJK like this.
  5. PistaGuyAZ

PistaGuyAZ Karting

Apr 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ryan Woon
    Track was slightly damp too.

crinoid likes this.
  6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I mean .7 seconds to me is meaningless. These track matches don’t get me excited as I don’t track and .7 seconds??

I do agree that the 760LT will be epic. But one step at a time. Counting down to Pista delivery!

7. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #7 IPO1, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Agreed.

I'm counting down to your Pista arrival with you brother...it will be bad ass.

Bring it!

8. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

U are right; if it’s 0.7 on a track with a pro driver then it’s nigligeble with a regular driver; heck results could be opposite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    Interesting that the Pista continues to earn plaudits even though its been out for quite some time...I wonder if it will eventually gain the status of the Speciale?

Oh, and yes, you can count on the McLaren whatever to be faster still. If there is one thing that Maca can do and do well, it's built blindingly quick cars.

10. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Funny thing is that the early reviews of the Pista called it tame and soulless. Tells you how little these idiot journalists actually know!

11. Clembo

Clembo Formula Junior

Don't forget, McLaren has to be faster, who would buy one if it wasn't?

Yes, they have amazing performance, and they need to. If that is the most important buying choice, then buy one.

If heritage/history, legacy, beauty, or other intangible factors mean much, then it may not be the choice.

Some of us may choose both. :)

But we know the reasons for both.

If you desire the fastest car with an engine designed for a Nissan, and built by a third party supplier, then Mc may be the best choice.

If history means much to you, combined with incredible performance, then you may choose Pista.

Most us (99%) will never be able to get the maximum performance out of any of these amazing cars anyway.

We are blessed to have these choices.

12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Have you actually driven a Mclaren 720 or are you imparting your wisdom by reading reviews of it?

I own a 720. Used to own a 488. Have a Pista I coming. Not brand loyal by any means and the comments about history and Nissan engine are ill informed. The 720 is the best car I’ve owned. It’s spectacular. I expect the Pista to as epic if not more.

Put down the kool aid and stop the nonsense. They are both amazing brands and cars.

Gh21631, tekaefixe, Mbutner and 3 others like this.
  13. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Remember the early reviews of the Speciale said it wasn't much over the standard car. Its going to be much the same here. Ive been driving the Pista almost non stop over the past few weeks and it is a monster! You are going to love it.

14. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark

Definitely in the ugly department if it’s a Mac it’s untouchable...

Juvendude and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  15. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The P1 on Trofeo tyres being outperformed is something...
    I am seriously considering buying a set of spare wheels that I'll equip with PSC2 R for the F8 (the F8 has the option for "high Performance tyres", not sure whether they are PSC2 or PSC2 R, but the price of the option - for getting these insted of the regular tyres - is more than the price of a full set of PSC2 R... and I prefer to have the regular tyres for road or bad weather use).

16. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It's a fast car no doubt, but that's what Cup2 R tires will do on a track.

17. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Give it a rest, it even beat the P1 on Trofeor Rs, let alone a 720!!! Granted, different days and I believe different drivers also, but it still shows that the Pista is a mighty machine.

Juvendude and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  18. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Reviews are nice and informative to a degree. But there is only one opinion that matters- mine. The car has to satisfy me.

19. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    "If you desire the fastest car with an engine designed for a Nissan, and built by a third party supplier, then Mc may be the best choice."

This is a highly amusing comment. A poll needs to be conducted to determine how many will purchase the fastest car but the further proviso is that the car must have an engine designed by Nissan and built by a third party supplier.

20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Yeah it’s all about speed with the 720. I mean the space age looks with the doors where people literally get out of their car at s stoplight to take pictures doesn’t mean anything.

Nor does the carbon tub which translates to a lighter weight and responsive feel.

And the precise handing of the car doesn’t matter. That’s just irrelevant.

And it doesn’t matter that the active aero on the car is usually seen on much higher msrp cars.

Yeah- none of that matters. People just like it cause it’s a fast car. That’s the ticket. :rolleyes:

21. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    There is a lot more to the 720 than speed. It is a wonderful car in every way,until the time comes to sell it. Then you realize the price for a used 720 is a lot lower than you d expect and the market is very thin. If depreciation is not an issue for you it is a great buy

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Juvendude, Boomhauer, JAM1 and 2 others like this.
  22. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    I 100% agree with you're numerous comments on Mac vs whatever and really admire how many times, on how many threads, you have defended McLaren's on FERRARIchat.
    It must get old. In the future, I think you should just 'cut and paste' your best responses because, I mean, it's like pounding sand most of the time. Keep up the good fight. :)

23. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Depreciation sucks on all cars. I took a bath on my 488. It is what it is. But yes Mclaren’s tends to drop a bit more. No argument there. Must be that Nissan engine. :)

BJK likes this.
  24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Mac is not perfect by any means and I’m happy to discuss valid critiques of the car and brand. But uninformed comments from people who don’t own the car let alone have never driven the car are ill advised and I’ll informed.

Caeruleus11, tekaefixe and BJK like this.