?Motorsport.com pushing subscriptions? | FerrariChat

?Motorsport.com pushing subscriptions?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Igor Ound, Oct 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Your decision?

1. Pay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Use other sites

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  3. Was paying already

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Never used it anyway

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Here we go. Can’t read any more than a few stories with a free account, just like Autosport. What are you going to do?

2. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Defected to Motorsport.com after Autosport.com became insufferable a few years ago.

Now, it seems Mr's. Zoy and Bradley have taken what used to be a decent website which had
    basically the same (or more) content as Autosport and made a circus of it.

The layout as it is now is unreadable. Graphics laid over graphics, constant pop-ups interrupting
    while reading articles. It's to the point now where they've ruined Motorsport.com. Tossers.

Zoy can't (and won't) buy up every racing site so will just shuffle off to the others which understand
    that readers don't need to be overwhelmed with over the top used car salesmen-like nonsense. And
    now they want to make it pay to play for the honor of seeing all that advertising? Pass...

What am I going to do?

Hmmmmm, maybe I start my own racing site to blow them all flat and promote it all over ****ing
    Ferrari Chat. How's that boys?

BHW

Igor Ound likes this.
  3. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Part of their problem is the internet effect: Produce content or die. I only read Autosport.com, not so much any more, and every day there’s new content but much of it is taking trivial subjects or “news” and presenting them as something important. Sometimes they are, but frequently they are not. Or, given the lack of news, present somebody's tortured “analysis.”

I will never pay for that.

Igor Ound likes this.
  4. Peter Tabmow

Peter Tabmow Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Motorsport.com and autosport.com have the same owners. Mostly Russian but with Zak Brown thrown in for extra sleaziness. Autosport is disappearing as a print magazine. I haven't felt able to trust either outlet's editorial integrity for quite some time.

I switched to racer.com a few years ago. The website is free, but I do subscribe to the monthly print magazine. Great reporting in-house and shared with other independent websites (eg Dailysportscar.com) plus outstanding features and columnists. I strongly recommend it, but must admit my bias: I helped start the magazine back in 1992.

ingegnere, Jack-the-lad and Igor Ound like this.
  5. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Zak Brown resigned this week.

Igor Ound likes this.
  6. Peter Tabmow

Peter Tabmow Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Thanks, didn't know that.