360 - Samcrac salvage 360 Modena Spider - Verde British Racing | Page 8 | FerrariChat

360 Samcrac salvage 360 Modena Spider - Verde British Racing

Discussion in '360/430' started by krazykarguy, May 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    Oh trust me I know. I’ve said as much in the comments in his video, also would have replaced the coils and plugs, as well as belts (timing and accessory), but I dont even know why I’m bothering here. I’ll revert back to what I said before I’m not surprised he did t figure it out. I hope it winds up nickle and dining him to death and it’s not a “cheap easy fix”.

TestShoot likes this.
  2. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    Well, I figured as long as it had been since he posted a video he’d given up on this car but apparently he just asked around until someone gave him answers that didn’t involve an sd3 or Leonardo.

Gotta say though checking compression probably not a bad idea, taking I take off and cleaning the oil and installing new gaskets also not a bad idea. And we finally get to at least peak at the timing belts and tensioners which I must admit looked pretty good though there is still no indication as to when they were done last and ought to be replaced so he can at least keep track.

I think at least a trip to or a visit from someone with the proper diagnostic equipment is still in the cars future.

Apollo 11 and TestShoot like this.
  3. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    I'm sure if the "views" have dropped off so has his enthusiasm for actually fixing the car.

imahorse likes this.
  4. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
  5. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    over 400000 views in one day wow !!

6. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    At least he gave us a shout out. I'm sure with Ratarossa helping him he'll get it figured out. That guy is pretty smart.

spiderscott and one4torque like this.
  7. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Ratarossa’s 360 vids are top notch. He is actually inc the value of old f cars by publishing these quality diy.

We owe this man a pint.

RANDY6005, billy.gif and imahorse like this.
  8. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks

And........... he caught it on fire...........

Mimmo Blue likes this.
  9. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    I'm shocked I tell you, shocked... :rolleyes:
    The fact that the video starts off with a commercial for a home alarm system confirms for me what I always thought (quit watching the video at the 49 second mark). Making money as a barker, yes. Actually interested in doing the job right and fixing the car, not so much.

10. NYFAIM

NYFAIM Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2015
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Howard R.
    It's all about the clicks, baby. The car is just a means to an end. The clicks are worth way more than that 360.

f355spider likes this.
  11. Neil A

Neil A Karting

Oct 11, 2011
    Edinburgh, UK
    All gone a bit stupid now with the flash of the burnt out car at the end, if you freeze frame is actually red so just clickbait

12. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    Just funny to watch how it all is shaping up, just as we predicted. The sad part is this car could have been saved had someone actually gave a crap. Next video will likely be how it’s not that big of a deal, he will use Home Depot wire and rewrite it at a fraction of the cost of buying a harness.

13. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Well this project seems to be going downhill quickly. For those interested in green Fcars, TJ Hunt painted his 458 green. It's the project with the real Michelotto body kit from a GT3 car...pretty well done imo unlike this spider project. Not sure which green they used, but it looks nice.

14. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    I believe he's just milking it for youtube views. Had it been me, I would have just done my research and actually brought it back to life.

15. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    Well, it’s working, look at the subscribers in this thread alone...

16. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    I think the issue I have it’s this build specifically was the blantant misinformation from the get go. TJ Hunt and the Goonsquad guys both approached their respective Ferrari builds quite differently, and sourced parts from well known Ferrari recycler and parts dealers. Also they didn’t sugar coat the associated costs.

I genuinely used to enjoy Sams videos, but starting with the Ferrari and on to his lambo build I started to have major issues. Unless I had a really good deal on a salvage Ferrari I’d likely not buy one, and if I did I’d go out of my way to ensure I used quality replacement parts with solid ads I’ve from folks that knew what they were talking about. Honestly I don’t think the Ferrari Sam has would have been that horrible to have properly repaired, specifically the horrendous floor repair. The engine issues likely could have been handled better as well. I do give him a slight pass on over filling the oil as it does seem to be a common Ferrari newbie mistake.

I think the whole I can fix it for way less then the factory spiel potentially opened the door for a lot of folks that shouldn’t even attempt a Ferrari rebuild and he gave generally bad information. It certainly appears this car will likely be used as a clickbait add revenue tool, not a Ferrari reconditioning tool.

brogenville and Apollo 11 like this.