FORMULA 1 JAPANESE GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 8 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 JAPANESE GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Oct 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Max moaning about getting max'd - attaboy.

They should hand out extra points for taking out mirrors. Better yet make the cars wear out like tires to complete the circus.

sammysaber and daytona355 like this.
  2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    If you can tell us anything Ferrari or red bull have gotten away with in the last five years without being penalised, it will be a short post. I could list 20 things right off the bat Mercedes have gotten away with without penalty - Christ - simulating imminent pitstops, totally illegal, have happened in half the GPs in the last six years by Mercedes for a start and not a single word of sanction, let alone penalties

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

3. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    What??

4. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    gumball.

climb and Jakuzzi like this.
  5. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Wow.... That was unexpected ;) Lol

6. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Maybe the person is new to F1 and does not know the sport or stats before 2014? :)

sammysaber and daytona355 like this.
  7. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    TK is very disappointing as a steward. I dare say he would have done exactly what LEC did.

daytona355 likes this.
  8. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    #183 daytona355, Oct 13, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    Or they are listening too much to the Elton fans, and no stats exist unless they favour the little turd in their Elton world! Hehe

I have the Elton boys on ignore these days, but I can imagine they ignored posts the forum tells me are there are probably them trying to convince us all Eltons plan all along was to let bottles win cos he’s such a nice bloke, and that he wasn’t actually trying to pass Seb, he was pretending, as he wanted the championship battle (sic) to go on for a bit longer as he worries about the sport and his fans..... yuck... makes me feel sick thinking of all the excuses he and Toto are probably spouting as to why their ‘great one’ couldn’t pass Seb on brand new soft tyres, while the novice Charles LeClerc made mincemeat of every car he came across, passing left, right and over whenever necessary. Charles is as good as maxine in that regard, without the bashing into people with lunges. He will be a proper great driver in the future, not the car-dependent twit in the Mercedes

Jakuzzi and tomc like this.
  9. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

To me, much like the dope in the Mercedes back in Canada, Max found himself on a priced of track trying to go around a car which, if the stewards claim Charles should have accounted for a sudden loss of downforce and resultant slide to the outside, then max should have predicted it too, and been sure not to be there in the way....... therefore a racing incident, as was canada. When I’m out and about, and want to overtake someone, I check ahead as far as I can and pre-empt problems, and only pass if it’s safe and I can manoeuvre around any sudden movement onto my line., and on a track, I was no different, I’d plan ahead and make sure if I made a move, I could complete it without getting a whack, predicting the other guys moves and planning the space I needed.......couldn’t Maxine have done that too?

10. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    But in Vettel's case that was pathetic - the way he lost the start from pole position (a 4-times "Red Bull" champion), handing over the win at the very start. Bottas and Toto are partying to the very late night.
    Pity for Charles - if he hadn't encountered "a bitter Max" ;) in the first corners, I believe he could have scored in front of Vet. Leclerc is not perfect every time, but he is already head and shoulders above the old Vet.

DF1 and daytona355 like this.
  11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Agreed. One thing though none of us (that I can see) has wondered - both had bad starts, was it really as surmised by the commentators Seb making a mistake, and then Charles caught out watching his teammate rather than the lights, or was there a start procedure issue suffered within the software of the car? I though Charles car also moved momentarily on the grid.... maybe a clutch or gear issue caused the movement, and too short s time to recompose themselves? Just a thought

12. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    That was proven by the results of both the qualifications and race I guess.

stavura, Phil~ and RobertJRB like this.
  13. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Max is entertaining if not a hypocrite -
    "We all know that you lose downforce behind other cars, so that is not an excuse and I think he is experienced enough to know that. The weird thing for me is that initially they don't even investigate it, and my whole car is destroyed. There are just holes in the side of the car. Then they started to investigate it but now it's after the race. I mean, what more should he do to get a penalty?

"I like hard racing but I don't think this was hard racing, this was just irresponsible driving into Turn 2. They had a bad start so for sure he was just trying to recover places but there's only as much as you can do and it's still a very long race. It's a shame that it happened."

14. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #190 paulchua, Oct 13, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    Ferrari: You won't defeat us.

Mercedes: We know, but you will.

Kudos to Seb for returning to form for pole, I was sincerely hoping that he 'is back.' However, his immediate mistake at the start confirmed yet again his inability to clear himself of error prone ways.

Leclrec was sloppy...and deserved his penalties.

Mbutner, kes7u, william and 2 others like this.
  15. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Max can dish it out buy he can't take it. He has been the bully-boy of F1 since he came on the scene, other drivers give him room because they fear contact. Charles sent him a very clear message today.

kes7u, william and classic308 like this.
  16. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Perez crashes out but finishes 8th, what sense does that make?

lagunacc likes this.
  17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Analyses report:
    Short version: It was crap.
    Long version: Entertaining star, entertaining finish..nothing in between.
    Very long version: Merc had by far the fastest car in race trim, but if we had managed to put both cars ahead we would have probably won the race....so seb ****ed up the start, wich in turn ****ed up Charles start...the Charle sput max in the weeds (wich was lovely to see, i reckon Ferrari can still shunt him at least half dozen times before he pays his debt....and then nothing else to see, Seb was perfect against elton and looked happy at the end, after all he had beaten Elton and Chuck...but he forgot the most important, to win the race..i guess he should get his priorities in order.

Nortonious, lagunacc and kandi like this.
  18. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    To be fair to Seb it did seem like it was unusually long until lights out at the start.

stavura and Nortonious like this.
  19. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Fair LOL?? No one else had the issue of moving early. Also he couldnt close on Bottas with or without DRS as well early on. Another mistake and no surprise at that.

20. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    FWIW he was on pole.

21. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    True

22. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Wait, so you're blaming Vettel for Leclerc's poor start when they're both on the front row? Is that a joke?

LVP488 likes this.
  23. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Keep looking at the max/Charles incident and WoW the stewards are stupid. Racing incidents happen. A year (years) of complete inconsistency to say the least.

Max not a Ricci when it comes to passing...

lagunacc likes this.
  24. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    The results of a race do not always tell the whole story - better to see the whole race. Judging only by results of the championship, we are forced to think that Lewis is the GOAT and the rest are worthless behind the wheel.
    The talent and power that Leclerc brought to the team (even sometimes clashing with the team - which by the way (the team) let him down first a few times) is a real eye opener compared to years of stagnation in Ferrari with Vettel (seasoned "RedBull" champ) and Kimi (who didn't care if he plays second fiddle). Ferrari should be developing next year car with Charles in mind.

lagunacc, DF1 and jpalmito like this.