Capristo or Kline exhaust DFW area? | FerrariChat

Capristo or Kline exhaust DFW area?

Discussion in '360/430' started by esilva349, Oct 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. esilva349

esilva349 Karting

Oct 9, 2019
    Full Name:
    Everett Silva
    Anyone in the Dallas-Fort Worth area have a Capristo, Kline, or S-line exhaust installed on their F430 that I can listen to before making my decision on which exhaust to purchase? I have a spider and intend on just changing the muffler for now but still looking for that classic refined higher pitched sound that wont be too obnoxiously loud! Any help is appreciated, thanks!

2. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    The Tubi F430 Valved Exhaust with DeCat's will hit that perfect pitch.
    Check out the links below. We have these in stock and ready to go, as well.

Wait til the end for this one !

3. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Post your message in the Texas sub forum under Midwest. You might get some responses from DFW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

4. esilva349

esilva349 Karting

Oct 9, 2019
    Full Name:
    Everett Silva
    Doing that now thank you!

5. jo.e

jo.e Karting

Jan 6, 2017
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Jochen
    Kline is the perfect mix between f1 sound with open valves and quiet and comfort driving with closed valves. I have the Kline in my F430 Spider with Capristo headers.

6. esilva349

esilva349 Karting

Oct 9, 2019
    Full Name:
    Everett Silva
    Yes having trouble deciding between the two based on clips online. Would you be willing to meet up so I can hear your setup in person? Thanks!

7. jo.e

jo.e Karting

Jan 6, 2017
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Jochen
    I am from Germany... ;)

8. jo.e

jo.e Karting

Jan 6, 2017
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Jochen
    This is my car:

9. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    S-Line is definitely higher pitched than that, by miles. If you're looking for that F1 shrill, S-Line is it period.

10. esilva349

esilva349 Karting

Oct 9, 2019
    Full Name:
    Everett Silva

Wow that sounds great! Is this the muffler alone or does it have headers and cats as well?

11. esilva349

esilva349 Karting

Oct 9, 2019
    Full Name:
    Everett Silva
    Yes ive listened to sline as well but I think it’ll be too loud as I have a spider plus I prefer having a valved setup!

12. jo.e

jo.e Karting

Jan 6, 2017
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Jochen
    S Line without valves is no opinion for me. Always loud is not the solution I prefer and in my eats the S Line sound is not clear, a little bit raspy.

I have the Capristo headers.

13. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #13 freshmeat, Oct 13, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    Raspy? That’s a first. Have yet to hear any owners describe that F1 sound as raspy.

And capristo headers are 4-2-1 and by default produces a deeper, muscle-car like tone. I replaced my kreissieg setup w a capristo once upon a time, pretty night and day difference and would not recommend capristo for anyone looking for that high-pitched F1 sound. Doesn’t mean it’s inferior in quality, just doesn’t produce the right sound.

kreissieg is a valved setup, I still have mine. Going to turn it into a coffee table, coz ppl keep trying to lowball me. It’s an $11k setup, so at those 4-5k offers I’d rather keep it for decor. If anyone wants to pony up at least 7.5k then I’ll let it go.

Less than 1k miles. Comes with burnt blue titanium tips.

14. jo.e

jo.e Karting

Jan 6, 2017
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Jochen
    I have a high pitched F1 sound with Capristo headers and Kline exhaust. A friend has a F1 sound too with Capristo headers and Capristo racing exhaust. A little bit deeper as with iPE or Fabspeed, but 4-2-1 Capristo headers are the best for the performance for this car, no discussion. I test both on the dyno... other worlds!

15. esilva349

esilva349 Karting

Oct 9, 2019
    Full Name:
    Everett Silva
    So in your opinion having heard both capristo and kline which exhaust has the more refined high pitched old school Ferrari sound without being too obnoxiously loud? Thanks!

16. jo.e

jo.e Karting

Jan 6, 2017
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Jochen
    You have to distinguish between Capristo Twinsound and Capristo Racing. Twinsound have valves and Racing doesn´t have. Racing has Formula 1 sound and Twinsound doesn't. Kline has Formula 1 sound. I'm very happy with it!

whatheheck likes this.
  17. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    Here's my $0.02

18. esilva349

esilva349 Karting

Oct 9, 2019
    Full Name:
    Everett Silva
    Yes im trying to decide between Kline and Capristo twin sound! Do you have an in car videos driving with the top down to hear the sound level from inside as the s-line is way too loud? So capristo twin sound (louder than stage 3) does not have the old school 355/360 beautiful Italian whine?

19. esilva349

esilva349 Karting

Oct 9, 2019
    Full Name:
    Everett Silva
    That sounds glorious! Do you have any other videos you can post as I cant seem to find too many to compare with capristo twin sound? Also im not planning on changing cats so do you think it will be tolerable for a spider or is it as loud as s-line? Thanks!

20. The4DA

The4DA Karting

Aug 31, 2018
    GA
    Full Name:
    RC
    Have you had any issue with your Kline? Yours is still valved, correct? I'm considering going that right next month for mine. From what I've heard, it has the tone I desire.

21. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    can you just clarify and i apologize to all if im the only one struggling with this. tubi sells both valved and no valve exhausts for the 430. therefore when people say they have a 430 sport factory exhaust what they have is the same as the tubi aftermarket exhaust with valves - is that correct?

22. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    The Standard Sport Factory Exhaust is made by Tubi but it is a little different from the one offered aftermarket. Don't get my wrong the Sport Exhaust from Factory sounds amazing but the mufflers on our Valved Exhaust we offer separately is a bit louder.

23. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    thank you

24. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    For the scud there wasn't a twinsound option, so what I heard was racing and it was deep and muscle car like in comparison.

25. esilva349

esilva349 Karting

Oct 9, 2019
    Full Name:
    Everett Silva
    Ok thanks yea I'm looking for a crisper higher pitched sound without it being too loud like S-line exhaust!