SA Helmet | FerrariChat

SA Helmet

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Brian Harper, Sep 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
    It looks like the stars didn't align (meaning mostly I didn't get my act together in time) and I'm not going to participate in VC Hillclimb this year, but I was headed in that direction and realized my SA helmet has now aged out and I need to replace it. Does anyone know of a shop in the San Jose area that sells auto helmets that I can try on before I buy?

I know of Wine Country at Sears Point but that's a bit of a drive just for a helmet, it seems like there has to be a place in the South Bay?

2. 2dinos

2dinos F1 Rookie

Jan 13, 2007
    Not perfect, but I bought from an online source that delivered a few, and allowed me to keep the best one for me.

BTW: That aging out of a minimal use helmet is a real bummer. I've faced that many times now :(

3. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    If you have a helmet brand and style you like that fits, just buy a new fresher one on-line.

4. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
    That's exactly why I want to try one on first. My current helmet wasn't a great fit and I'd like to do better this time.
    As I've missed my immediate helmet need, I'll probably try some on next time I'm up at Sears Point/Infineon/Sonoma Raceway.

5. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Buy from amazon so you’ll get their return policy. Try on a couple and return the ones that don’t fit.

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    See if Simpson has a dealer close, the main warehouse is in Texas.

My latest bike helmet is ARAI which is a nice fit they offer various "head shapes" as well as sizes.
    I crashed tested it and it passed!!

Normally a Simpson guy and they have a very nice CF shell for less than $1K
    Image Unavailable, Please Login