Boxing Champion thrown from Ferrari | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Boxing Champion thrown from Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by FloridaToAtlanta, Oct 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Sure, but that’s not the point I raised. It’s about this particular incident. It’s not a generalised question about whether you or we should wear seat belts, of course we should.

308 milano likes this.
  2. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    well its a possibility i guess.
    he is still and idiot.
    just apparently a lucky idiot.

3. Dela

Dela Karting

Aug 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    D
    Didn't have a seatbelt on and DWI. Only sympathy I have is for his kids and family. For a 29 year old, this is stupid behavior.

Thebabydoc and technom3 like this.
  4. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Ya, some people have survived when their parachutes didn’t deploy. Doesn’t make it a viable strategy.

Gilles villeneuve was also tossed from his car, with much less positive results.

phil the brit and Rosey like this.
  5. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    Easy to make jokes about this situation, but everyone in this world makes mistakes. Some mistakes are more dangerous than other and I agree this mistake was really stupid but I don't see the humor. I'm glad he's alive and hopefully learn from his mistake. Maybe something good will come out of this and he'll talk to people about the importance of wearing your seat belt and save someones life. I pray for a full recovery.

Andynyc, I'm 360 Canuck and gzachary like this.
  6. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    BS! He made a mistake to not buckle up so he deserves this?? Get real bruh

Jakuzzi likes this.
  7. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Its not that he deserves the accident. Its just the consenquences of not wearing a seat belt... and sustaining further injury. Some people loose sympathy when the person who was injured deliberately avoided the use of a proven safety device. Its not that he deserves it. Just that, thats what happens when you don't wear your seat belt. Sort of like jumping out of a plane without a parachute... people have survived... but if you wear a parachute its much better

energy88 likes this.
  8. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    My opinion. He probably got exactly what he deserves. If you are so concerned for him, go start him a Go-Fund Me page for the perpetuation of idiots.

You are also ignoring the fact that he could have killed innocent persons who might have happened to be on the road at the time. You condoning that, too? You get real bruh!

I'm 360 Canuck, WATSON and BOKE like this.
  9. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    With all due respect, I think there are significant flaws in your logic. I highly recommend using belts at all time; you don't prepare for the freak event, you prepare for the common ones. Being ejected from a vehicle at high speed and surviving is not common.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  10. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    OMG go ahead and block me because I have nothing to say to you

Jakuzzi likes this.
  11. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    I'm pretty sure I get that. He should have buckled up. To say he "deserves" this and to have no sympathy?? That's pretty lame and that MY OPINION. People make mistakes all the time.

So a person gets killed crossing the street because they didn't do a good enough job of looking both ways deserves to die for such a mistake? LAME

12. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    You and I are on the same page for the most part.

Death for an accident is NEVER deserved.

I think its the deserved word that we are concentrating on... and I agree on it... the only people who deserve horrible things are murders and pedophiles and those kinds of people etc...

I think we are on the same page.

However, (this is where it always goes wrong LOL)

if you didn't look both ways before crossing the street... you don't "deserve" to die... but... it was a personal mistake and the consenquences are "typical"

Its not like you were playing catch outside with your kids and a an asteroid the size of a pea hit you in the temple and its just a weird tragic accident.

the getting killed while crossing the street is still a tragic accident... but it is a logical/possible/probable outcome.

13. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Fortunate outcome to a very serious accident. For those who follow boxing I think most would agree that Errol Spence Jr. acts in a professional manner when it comes to his craft. He’s the real deal in the ring. He’s in no way an irresponsible “street thug” and it’s great to see that he survived this horrific accident, the details of which have yet to be released.

14. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Just remember, this wasn’t a freak accident. Choices were made, deliberate actions taken...in this case, multiple bad actions concurrently.
    It’s not unreasonable to think someone “deserves “ what they deliberately did, even if they stupidly couldn’t foresee all the possible negative results of their actions.
    Not seeing this guy as a victim, although I don’t “wish” what happened on anyone. But if it prevents him from doing this sort of thing and killing ACTUAL INNOCENT people, then good riddance to him.

energy88 likes this.
  15. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Wait...was he intoxicated?

16. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    well said. I can’t believe there are people who have said they have no sympathy for this guy because he wasn’t wearing a seatbelt. What if this was your brother, son, husband etc.? Stupid for sure but we must care about each other more than that. We were or are all young and dumb at one time or another or are guilty of doing something crazy but for the grace of God nothing bad happened.

daytona355 and 308 milano like this.
  17. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    I am of the opinion that 90 % of exotic car owners DO NOT HAVE ANY CLUE HOW TO DRIVE THEM, but hey, its a different world out there, and Ferrari is a far cry from what they were , yes the cars are more powerful than ever, and employ more driver driver aids then ever before ( that for the most part take the drive out of driving ) so with that being said, we will continue to see this over and over again . He is lucky his head didnt slam into a tree, killing him instantly. I hope his doctor told him to stick to boxing and buy a prius..

18. harpersimon

harpersimon Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 31, 2016
    West Sussex
    OMG that's so TERRIBLE.. what a shocking incident. Can't call it accident as there are no accidents - just errors of judgement
    but seriously I've never seen anything as terrible.. I mean .. the car was written off! what a loss. and I love Bianco colours.

Wait.. what? there was some dumbass boxer driving with no seat belt? oh - whatever. just sad for the car.

19. Thebabydoc

Thebabydoc Rookie

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ron Yunis
    Little brains to start with, then he ran out of talent.

20. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan

What about second and third shift.

Some people work at night, they make sure we all have the bs we expect after the sun comes up. Haha

21. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    he is a lucky guy, with a young, sound and strong body that helped him a lot to survive. Maybe he survived just because he wasn't wearing the seat belt, who knows. But it's a stupid behaviour going at high speed without seat belts. And at three o'clock AM is not difficult to crash a Ferrari if you drive at high speed.

ciao

22. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    I can't believe how much some members of the Ferrari community act like entitled little princesses . The guy bought a performance based vehicle and drove it beyond his limits . It happens every day in every type of vehicle . I'm sure he regrets doing so and i'm sure he is damn glad the accident didn't involve anyone else . He is going to survive and go about his life remembering this accident . It might prevent him from from doing it again but I don't think anyone has the right to say he deserves it .

My guess is that everyone saying he deserves it has probably done the same thing at one point in time in their lives....whether it be in your current vehicle or past vehicles . There isn't a person on here that can say they haven't driven their car past the speed limit or broke the law in any other way .

Would he have "deserved it" if he would have passed away from the accident ???

Did he screw up and drive like an idiot...YES !

Jakuzzi, Chizz and daytona355 like this.
  23. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Anyone who goes around slapping a Tiger in the face.. no NEED to do it.. they just do it because they think they can, they're drunk, too stupid not to, etc... is going to have a dose of reality really quick. Do people who spend all their money stupidly get the poverty they deserve? Yes. Does someone who slaps tigers in the face ultimately get the mauling that they deserve? Yes.
    Dude wasn't just minding his bidness' at 5 MPH in traffic. He tempted fate deliberately without a seatbelt. He got was what was deserving of the situation. (Actually I think he was lucky with no seatbelt and all.. )

energy88 likes this.
  24. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Well she didn't get pregnant if that's what you mean.

At least as far as I know.

Lester

I'm 360 Canuck and 308 milano like this.
  25. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    and i'm guessing you have never "slapped a tiger in the face" that lead to some serious consequences ???

Jakuzzi and Chizz like this.