Multiple System Failures.... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Multiple System Failures....

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by gilly6993, Jul 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    wow - where are you located and you condolences to you!

2. Sultan_458

Sultan_458 Karting
    BANNED

Jan 5, 2018
    Uae
    Full Name:
    Sultan
    The problem is that the delarship charges you a large amount for repair or maintenance and if you take the car to someone else there wont be a big difference in the prices of maintenance unless you know someone who knows personally so you can trust him in terms of maintenance and you can discover a lot of things that were hidden on you by the car dealer... some Maintenance workshops do not allow the owner of the car to be present soo you as the owner you don't know what's going on in your car...
    And I think all I discovered in my car was my cousin's negligence because he was the first owner and everytime he take the car to delarship he don't know what's going on...
    And as for your question, where am I from?
    I am from UAE.
    They cancel my car waranty because of this rear wing can you believe it all that years they didn't say anything ones I start to found out a lot of things they just cancel it. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-N9500 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    You might want to consider contacting Ferrari Middle East and/or the Maranello HQ to make them aware of what's going on at the dealership.

4. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    That is outrageous. If you pay for annual maintenance , using old parts and not changing filters that the service indicates yet charging you for the parts and labor is fraudulent. Agree with the other member to report to Ferrari. Sorry for your troubles.

otakki likes this.
  5. Rx488

Rx488 Rookie

Jun 29, 2022
    Florida
    Full Name:
    ETH
    Stop lamp switch! This failure caused my 2018 ferrari 488 spider to go into limp mode and set off pretty much every warning light Ferrari has to offer. 9k miles.

6. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Old thread. Turned out it was the PTU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    Reviving this old thread.

My 2018 488 Spider went into Wet mode with all the same errors in the picture above.

Thought it was battery and changed battery and still had the errors

Car is at dealership service and they said they have to contact Ferrari Tech Support.

I have the New Power Warrant but its so limited in covererage. Really worried about this and how much it may cost me

8. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    ABS problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    What is “PTU?”
    Thanks.

10. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    PTU= Power Transfer Unit.
    It's the front gearbox that drives the front wheels on the four wheel drive cars ( FF and GTC4Lusso).
    Expensive and no fun to replace.