Sooooo...... Carpet? | FerrariChat

Sooooo...... Carpet?

Discussion in '308/328' started by Ferraritalian, Sep 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferraritalian

Ferraritalian Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2019
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    In followup to my recent post about getting new seat covers, the new seats demand... demand I say... new carpet now.

I was a little freaked about the color on the seats as I was a little baffled by saddle vs beige vs cinnamon, especially seeing how none of them were the same in different sites AND none of them looked like what was in the car. However, seeing how my seats were poorly dyed, nothing was gonna match them anyway.

I took photos of a mint, mint low mile 308 at the Concorso Italiano in August and those seats seem to match my new Saddle covers nicely. So, the existing carpet is sort of an ugly dingy tan beige that gotta go. Again, issues in color match.

The best color match I can eyeball online is at World Upholstery, using the color “Saffron” which again, looks pretty close to that Concorso car.

Thoughts on carpet?

2. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    #2 308 milano, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    Purchased my carpet kit from Vic at Topsonline. Zero complaints and look great.
    Made of Wilton Wool

3. lm2504me

lm2504me Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Nipomo, CA
    Full Name:
    Richard

Attached Files:

VIZSLA, 308 milano and Ferraritalian like this.
  4. Ferraritalian

Jan 19, 2019
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    That’s where I bought the seat covers. Their website does not list carpet for Ferrari, just VW and Mercedes. Huh?

newark_308 likes this.
  5. Ferraritalian

Jan 19, 2019
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve

Lol, the photos I took of your car at Concorso (mentioned in my OP) are the ones I’ve been going by. If you see my other thread about seat covers, pics of your car are there! Thanks again, and for these photos.

6. lm2504me

lm2504me Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Nipomo, CA
    Full Name:
    Richard
    You are welcome. Feel free to let me know if you need any more.

Ferraritalian likes this.
  7. Ferraritalian

Jan 19, 2019
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    308, how does your color compare to the pictures above?

8. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David
    moysiuan, EZORED and 308 milano like this.
  9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    A keen eye will note the early {thru '78) were LOOP pile, while the later cars went to a plush.

I don't know if any of the Kits reflect that?
    The Wilton is a nicer rug, but it's plush also.

Loop pile is polyester.
    All the rage in the '70s.....

10. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Steve, I was quite pleased with how the carpet and bindings turned out. Mine was tan? There are some subtle differences between early 308 and q.v. carpets. Sold this car about three years ago and this is the only picture I really have of carpets. Like I said, I was extremely happy with what I received from Vic.

Ferraritalian likes this.
  11. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David
    My 78 had cut pile original carpets. Polyester yes, but cut pile, not loop.

Regards
    David

12. Ferraritalian

Jan 19, 2019
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks for that, Kim. I sent Vic an email today after reading your post, as there’s no Ferrari carpet listed on their site. I’d feel more confident that they would be sure the carpet was correct for the seats.

308 milano likes this.
  13. lm2504me

lm2504me Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Nipomo, CA
    Full Name:
    Richard
    308 milano and Ferraritalian like this.
  14. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Question... Does our 308 QV's have a "looped" carpet vs. small straight fibers apparently that's available from most of the online upholstery shops? I'm finding its difficult to match up my original carpet with any new stuff available.

15. Ferraritalian

Jan 19, 2019
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
  16. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Rob, here’s A photo of my 85 Euro QV carpet, hope this helps!

BLACK HORSE likes this.
  17. newark_308

newark_308 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Newark DE
    Full Name:
    Glenn Frenck
    I just reached out to Topsonline about carpets and just got the response back that they only do the seat covers for Ferrari's, no carpet sets.
    Did I miss a secret code or handshake?

Sent from my SM-G973U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

18. Ferraritalian

Jan 19, 2019
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well, I contacted Vic and asked about the proper color carpet. He sent me 3 carpet samples. I still had questions so I followed up with another email a few days ago, which has not been answered. So, I thought they were going to sell me a carpet, but after your response and my delayed follow up, maybe not?

19. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Might I suggest that you send him a small sample of your carpeting, say, what is glued to the floor behind the seat? Maybe a small 1“ x 1“ section and ask if he can match it? That way You are streamlining the process with not so much back and forth. I removed every section of my carpeting so he could make patterns, threw it in a large shipping box along with all the interior pieces I wanted redone. Simple and fast. :)
    I would also opt for a simple phone call instead of emailing back-and-forth but that’s just me.

20. Ferraritalian

Jan 19, 2019
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I could do that, but it seems the existing color it is too tan or dingy to look right, I think. When I compared the new seat covers, the color is much richer than the overdyed ones I have. They look more like ones I posted pics of in this thread. The existing carpet wouldn’t look right with either in my opinion, but the color of the carpet I posted, that I saw at Concorso, seems correct with my new covers.

Vic referred to Cognac or Palomino, but those color names are not listed at World Upholstery.

308 milano likes this.
  21. newark_308

newark_308 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Newark DE
    Full Name:
    Glenn Frenck
  22. Ferraritalian

Jan 19, 2019
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Newark, I re-sent my latest question to Vic on carpet as I see it’s been 2 weeks and he hasn’t responded. Your response from another person at “Customer Service” could be a bad sign.

23. Ferraritalian

Jan 19, 2019
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I see I haven’t posted pics in this thread. My concern is matching the new Saddle seat covers I just got from Vic at topsonline. Various photos I have show slight differences in color, some on the same car in different lights. Pics include im250’s car I saw at Concorso. My car is a ‘79. Im also including the carpet swatches I got from Vic. (Ignore photo #5, its an interior leather color chart- the next one is carpet)

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. Ferraritalian

Jan 19, 2019
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    The first swatch is marked #617 and seems closest to Palomino/Cognac/Saffron that looks right. A sample from another site also called it “617” Cognac. I’m not sure how consistent these colors are between companies.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia