F8 - Is there any chance I can order a F8 in Canada without previously owing a Ferrari | FerrariChat

F8 Is there any chance I can order a F8 in Canada without previously owing a Ferrari

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by triplekg, Oct 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. triplekg

triplekg Rookie

Apr 17, 2018
    Ive wanted a 488 for years.
    Im finally at the financial position to buy one.

I would love to walk in a dealership and order a new F8 built to my specs. I've never owned a Ferrari (Have a 2019 911 Turbo) but I've made up my mind to purchase one.

Is it even realistic to think I can order one?
    I live in ontario if that matters

2. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Can't speak for Canada...but come to US and ANY dealer will order you one tomorrow--and love to in heartbeat.

Graz and IloveGT like this.
  3. triplekg

triplekg Rookie

Apr 17, 2018
    and will they be able to get one? how long is the build time?
    I was not easy ordering my 911 Turbo had to go through a couple dealers to find one with an allocation for a turbo.

4. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yes you can, and if you need help pm me and I can put you in contact with the right rep at the dealership. Its very possible to order one there might just be a bit of a wait, 1 yearish.

of2worlds, Caeruleus11 and jem890 like this.
  5. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    if you're serious, why don't you just call up a couple dealerships and ask if you can order one of how long it will take?

It takes 2 minutes to make those calls.

klinkman likes this.
  6. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Ferrari is no longer like before, especially for any regular car. Like IPO1 said, just walk in and ask.

7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Contact Adriano at Ferrari Ontario and arrange an appointment. You will be required to put down a $10K deposit and you will be offered an allocation. You will also at that time, spec your car. Expect delivery in early 2021.

uhn2000 likes this.
  8. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    #8 jim g, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    I assure you that's not the case in Pa. Call Algar in Philly you'd be lucky to get a 2021 coupe allocation and probably not get a Spider until 2022 if at all.

9. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    There are more dealers in the US than Algar.

Someone here posted (no Ferrari history) he walked into his US dealer, ordered F8 and will have by March next year. I have not heard of anyone turned down or not getting F8 in 2020 if ordered.

IloveGT likes this.
  10. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano

You can go into any U.S. dealership and buy a regular production Ferrari without any problem. Apart from exclusive limited production models the dealerships will take your order, welcome your dollars and deliver your car.

11. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    My dealer has confirmed that 35% of F8 allocations MUST be offered to first time Ferrari buyers. The process is as I described in an earlier post. After the initial deposit and spec process has been initiated, the dealer will advise just prior to build to return to increase the deposit to $50K and then lock in final spec. More accurate delivery schedule will be advised at that time.

Furthermore, my dealer is highly confident that an F8 Speciale will be a reality. He also confirmed, that first time Ferrari buyers who are purchasing the F8 will NOT be offered an allocation for the Speciale.

12. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    #12 jim g, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    You have to buy new from your home dealer if within like 150 miles. Show me who has confirmed allocation for a March delivery on a US model F8 with no prior history. I'm on my 10th and mine won't be here until March.

13. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
  14. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Just because someone posts something on the internet doesn’t make it a fact or true. It would be fascinating if it turns out to be true but goes against what others are being told. A lot of people have had deposits for a while and won’t get their cars until late 2020. Maybe that person is in a small market with very little demand. Who knows!

15. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    There is the new illusion that money equals allocation for new Ferrari. While I agree that in the era of being a public company that it is easier to purchase a new non limited Ferrari without prior history you still have to wait to get an allocation. So customers with prior purchase history will get earlier allocation. The fact that someone post their estimated delivery time means nothing after all this the internet. Yes you can walk in to order but dealership determines which order they dole out their allocations. Even if this 35% new customer allocation is true( I doubt it) New customers will wait longer. Finally your specs are not locked in until your status on MODIS is 10 R (10 red) Green 10 you have an allocation but can modify your specs

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

16. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    The 35% of cars going to new owners is in one of the official Ferrari documents.

of2worlds and IPO1 like this.
  17. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    It is absolutely true. It is also true that first time buyers will get later delivery dates but they will receive an F8. No ands , ifs or buts.

of2worlds and Avia11 like this.
  18. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    As a first time new Ferrari buyer myself, I’ve been told to expect the car late Q1/early Q2 2020. Have to see how it plays out, I would not be surprised if it ends up being later than estimated.

19. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    No, no...some here say that can't be true :rolleyes:

20. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

My dealer has commented the same, there will be a VS and they want new buyers

Wonder if the second point is to keep 488's trade ins lower ? or just to increase the Ferrari populous

21. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    My dealer just advised that notice from the factory for February allocations have been confirmed. They are slightly less than anticipated.

22. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Actually anyone who lives in Los Angeles has a luxury of choosing a dealer to work with. We have 4 here within 100 miles. In fact 5 if you consider Newport. 4 of them are from same network and do compete with each other. Notwithstanding this fact, again F8 is just another regular car. Ferrari is a different entity now, you can walk in and just order one.

Maybe your only dealer Algar is just again making the hype. Come to LA, you will see.

IPO1 likes this.
  23. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Which are the 4 in the LA area? Beverly Hills, Westlake. What else??

24. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    Ferrari of Ontario is a fantastic dealer. You should give them a call. Best way to find out how long your wait will be. Am sure you will be able to get one though - this is full production car, not limited and Ferrari are trying to sell as many cars as they can make at the moment.

Stephen Lau and the whole team at Ferrari of Ontario are fantastic.

uhn2000 likes this.
  25. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    This^^

If you want a coupe, you’ll get one right away. Spider, a year or so away.