Need guidance - 58 Ferrari Ellena | FerrariChat

Need guidance - 58 Ferrari Ellena

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by enio45, Oct 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I need some guidance determining the proper design for the carpet mat "heel pad".

Im having trying to identify the correct pad design to make my mat.

Also - do they go on the driver and pass side or just driver?

Appreciate the advise and direction - asap pls :)

2. MiuraP400

MiuraP400 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I don't know on an Ellena, but the 59 PF coupe has them on both sides and is from the same era. The carpets are original if you want to inspect them as a reference point.

Cheers Jim

3. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    thanks jim,

yes same era, and potentially are the same.....

the boano and ellena build was at the boano factory and the later 59 cars were pinifarinia.

I would appreciate a look at what you have - - can u send me a closeup pic or two pls :)

[email protected]

4. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    Dear Jim,

Can you please post these pics. Would also be very interested in seeing them. Cicognani has heel pads for the 250 Gte on offer. Not sure if they are the same.

Thanks
    Chris

5. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I had a 1959 PF and as I recall the heel pad was only on the drivers side. Original carpet. I will see if I have a picture.

6. lancia

lancia Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Ed, I have pictures of the interior of Pf Coupe 1007 before restored, with the original carpet and original heel pads, which are on both the driver and passenger sides. They are print photos from film, need to scan. Although Pininfarina and Scaglietti used the familiar ribbed pattern heel pads, Ellena was yet another coach maker and I have no idea what they used for heel pads, if at all. Have no photos of a truly original Boano/Ellena interior. Not necessarily the same pad material, but don't know.

7. MiuraP400

MiuraP400 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jim
  8. MiuraP400

MiuraP400 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Since you are in the process of working through the details to finish your Ellena up. I thought you might enjoy seeing this fuel line support on the frame over the rear axial.

Cheers Jim

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Jim that fuel line support is a very interesting pic. Must be a PF coupe modification as i have not seen that on my car, nor several Ellena's that i inspected. Notice the mini clamp as well!

10. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I have seen this pad before - not sure Ellena, but elsewhere for sure.

This material is also used on the Ellena, where the fuel tank color comes thru the trunk area, they use this as a rubber gasket to fit around the neck of the filler neck......ill try to find a pic and post it. Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. MiuraP400

MiuraP400 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jim
    LOL, your right it does look like they used a heel pad to seal the fuel filler neck.

Cheers Jim

12. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    exactly - i have a better pic but that is exactly what they did

i did the same - i have seen this on the 4 orig ellena's that i looked at.....sans the carpet/heel pad :-(

13. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    got a lot of input on the PF coupe cars related to the heel pad, still looking for something earlier.

what about a tdf car, would they have something similar or is that a different coach builder?