430 - Vacuum hoses to the exhaust on a 430 | FerrariChat

430 Vacuum hoses to the exhaust on a 430

Discussion in '360/430' started by _JERRY_, Oct 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. _JERRY_

_JERRY_ Karting

Feb 1, 2016
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jerry Ng
    Not sure if this has been discussed.
    Any peeps removed them to change the sound of the exhaust on Low revs?
    Apart from losing a little bit of insignificant power, any Long term bad side effects?
    Cheers!
    It’s a stock 430 btw, zero engine mods.

“Sharing is Caring...”

2. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    I did it and then went with Bisel’s valve controller (Forza). Much happier now bc I can switch between valves and no valves at will. Relatively inexpensive and easy to install. Unplugged sounds cool at first but it will wear you out with loud noise when just cruising and will drive your neighbors nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Multiple threads on plugging the exhaust valve hoses, do a quick search. Don’t leave them open.
    As above the best choice is fellow Fchatter’s exhaust bypass device where you have control of the noise level. Google...
    Forza Componenti

Or go to our for sale section, long thread on the Forza device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

4. hwyman

hwyman Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2015
    Canada / Los Angeles
    I bought a F430 with a Capristo 4.3 Race muffler, looking in the engine bay above the transmission there's a grey plug just sitting there not connected to anything?? Was there originally an electrical connection for the valves or a pump? Is it normal to just have it unplugged when you put a valve-less Capristo on?

5. _JERRY_

_JERRY_ Karting

Feb 1, 2016
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jerry Ng
    Well, lol. You can easily manually plug it back in pre-drive without any expertise or tool haha.

6. Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer Formula Junior

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    Wonder if anyone has simply installed a little valve in the vacuum line to switch off the valves manually. No electric, just maybe as simple as a little drip sprinkler valve from the hardware store.